Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt

The problem is, if we try to go after the 17th at this point, the dems will want to redress several others, including the 2nd.

The 17th Amendment was never ratified. It lacked the required number of states in support of it. Congress simply declared it ratified, ignoring the Constitutional requirement of the necessary number of states being in support of it. They did precisely the same with regard to the 16th Amendment.

Link

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The problem is, if we try to go after the 17th at this point, the dems will want to redress several others, including the 2nd.

The 17th Amendment was never ratified. It lacked the required number of states in support of it. Congress simply declared it ratified, ignoring the Constitutional requirement of the necessary number of states being in support of it.

More seizure of state power.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
State after state were merely "declared ratified" in the absence of any documentation of any action on the part of said states' governments. Precisely the same occurred with respect to the 16th Amendment (income tax), declared ratified the same year. There was massive illegality in operation within our national government in the year 1913, under the direction, and for the benefit, of big money. Look for the state by state ratifications. You will not find nearly a sufficient number, as required by the Constitution. Many states who were declared to have ratified these amendments literally had taken no action whatsoever in their regards, and were merely declared by Congress to have ratified absent supporting documentation from the states in question.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Quit voting for Blunt years ago, he has been a closet Democrat from the start. Came out since he announced his retirement last year. Disgrace to his family and to the state. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ENorton
Barrasso trying to be like Mitch, he is disappointing.

Yep.
Time to primary him out.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by kwg020
No matter what law gets passed anything 2nd Amendment has to pass through the Supreme Court. It's too sensitive for any law to just be accepted and implemented without some kind of Supreme court action. There must of been something else in that bill for Grassley and Ernst to vote for it. Since we don't really know what is in the bill none of us know why they voted that way. There has to be something in it that got their "yes" vote.

kwg

Ernst was on TV pushing for US military action in Ukraine. Now we know shes on the take.

I just sent a message to Charles Grassley asking him why he voted YES. It will take a week or so but he has been good at getting a message back

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Is Romney up for re-election?? I expected to see his name there…

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I am shocked to see my lame duck Senator is not on that list Toomey will not run again. Could be he saw a primary fight in his future. Hopefully we can put a real conservative in there we have not had one for a while. Between Toomey and the late unlamented Arlan Spector I have had enough of these rinos.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
No matter what law gets passed anything 2nd Amendment has to pass through the Supreme Court. It's too sensitive for any law to just be accepted and implemented without some kind of Supreme court action. There must of been something else in that bill for Grassley and Ernst to vote for it. Since we don't really know what is in the bill none of us know why they voted that way. There has to be something in it that got their "yes" vote.

kwg

I sent an email to Senator Grassley about his vote on March 10th. Here is part of his reply. Basically he felt trapped about voting "Yes" because the Congress has passed 3 continuing resolutions to keep country financed and this would of been the 4th. The other reason was to provide aid for the Ukrainians.

I am deeply frustrated that I and other senators who support helping heroic Ukrainians defend themselves from a barbaric onslaught were forced into a corner on the FY22 omnibus spending bill. I want to make it clear that I oppose the FY22 omnibus spending levels and the broken process congressional leaders in the House and Senate used to get it passed. However, I voted for the H.R.2471, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022 when it passed the Senate on March 10, 2022, because I could not in good conscience vote in a way that would further delay urgently needed support for Ukrainians fighting for their freedom on the front lines against tyranny.

To learn more about the actions I have taken to stand against Putin’s aggression before and after his invasion of Ukraine, you can visit my website at https://www.grassley.senate.gov/grassley-leads-efforts-to-support-ukraine-punish-russia.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm done voting for a single incumbent. They are all [bleep] their constituents.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Well it looks like the Hits just keep Cum’n in the latest Spending Bill..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch and the rest of the Heretics stuff a provision for Mandatory Felony Investigation into people who fail or are put on hold during the National Insta Check Process..
The ATF will alert local law enforcement to pursue a Felony Inquiry..
The National Insta Check system has been plague with a High Rate of False Holds and Declines..
Better hurry and get those Transfers done before the Grace Period is over .
Knock Knock .. Who’s There.. It’s Johnny..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
I knew Portman would be on that list

I wish his RINO ass would go away. He might as well be called Little Romney

I think your going to get your wish. I heard he is retiring.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Federal reserve system allows them an unlimited budget and unlimited power to abuse people like this.

States should pass bills making it illegal for local law enforcement to accept wages from the Feds.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
The Federal reserve system allows them an unlimited budget and unlimited power to abuse people like this.

States should pass bills making it illegal for local law enforcement to accept wages from the Feds.

Agreed. That's the next step in this battle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fuggin' Cornyn.

I sure tried to primary his RINO ass last time. Didn't work.

Better luck next time, Barry. He is a yuge POS. As are the rest of the scum on that list.

If Cornyn doesn't run next time, don't be surprised to see an even worse RINO and Dim Lover, the slimy Will Hurd, slither into the Senate race. Hurd is way worse than Cornyn and that's saying something. We had our fill of him as our TX-23 representative and he was fixing to lose his job when he "decided" not to run again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fuggin' Cornyn.

I sure tried to primary his RINO ass last time. Didn't work.

Better luck next time, Barry. He is a yuge POS. As are the rest of the scum on that list.

If Cornyn doesn't run next time, don't be surprised to see an even worse RINO and Dim Lover, the slimy Will Hurd, slither into the Senate race. Hurd is way worse than Cornyn and that's saying something. We had our fill of him as our TX-23 representative and he was fixing to lose his job when he "decided" not to run again.

Hope you all help Hurd with his "decision" again.

BTW- Cornyn scored a big fat F on the "Liberty Score - Grade Your Politicians" link I posted last night.

https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/john-cornyn

Damn Rino.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.