Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All the amenities! Free gratis for nothing, too!

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/look-inside-las-new-steel-container-apartments-for-the-homeless/

Time for me to move back to Los Angeles. I like free stuff. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Build it, and they will come..."

Make free housing for homeless, and more will move to your city, by the hundreds, to get their free apartment. These homeless guys all have Iphones, they will contact their buddies, from across the continent.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What could go wrong?! laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Drug central. Also, great opportunity to create Manchurian "protestors" for the coming summer city looting and arson projects to sway November mid-terms.

I watched the video posted here about CIA and the like working in 'frisco in the 60's doing mind control experiments.

GOA
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They will trashed within months. People have no respect for that which they haven't worked and sacrificed to obtain.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know this'll be like throwing battery acid on the sapients of the campfire but not all homeless people are homeless because they're drug addicts or simply don't want to work.
My company has done a fair bit of pro bono work with volunteer orgs that seek to transition people out of their current dire situations, to get them back on their feet and into the world where they're potentially self-sufficient. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but what's been happening in recent decades has not been working at all.

There are two ways of thinking about these developments as they pop up all over the country:

1) Use the apartment as an incentive and reward for adhering to goal-based case management. In other words, show initiative and a little progress, and we’ll give you an apartment.

2) Use the apartment as a stable platform from which people can work toward self-help and improvement. People with a stable place of their own show much better success in reaching benchmarks than those living on the streets and in shelters.

I’m of the mind that both of these are true and need to be part of a program. However, being pragmatic, the economic models show that these developments more than pay for themselves in the savings to healthcare and law enforcement. It is a far lower burden on taxpayers to simply give homeless people a small, cheap apartment than to have them wandering the streets.

Food for thought.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
[Sarcasm font] What we really need is a war in which to dispose of some of this cannon fodder.

Joe is working on the war part.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Are there rules?

Homeless dudes don't like no rules.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No mention of what those 87 furnished apartments cost the taxpayer. Probably don't want to know.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SKane

I know this'll be like throwing battery acid on the sapients of the campfire but not all homeless people are homeless because they're drug addicts or simply don't want to work.
My company has done a fair bit of pro bono work with volunteer orgs that seek to transition people out of their current dire situations, to get them back on their feet and into the world where they're potentially self-sufficient. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but what's been happening in recent decades has not been working at all.

There are two ways of thinking about these developments as they pop up all over the country:

1) Use the apartment as an incentive and reward for adhering to goal-based case management. In other words, show initiative and a little progress, and we’ll give you an apartment.

2) Use the apartment as a stable platform from which people can work toward self-help and improvement. People with a stable place of their own show much better success in reaching benchmarks than those living on the streets and in shelters.

I’m of the mind that both of these are true and need to be part of a program. However, being pragmatic, the economic models show that these developments more than pay for themselves in the savings to healthcare and law enforcement. It is a far lower burden on taxpayers to simply give homeless people a small, cheap apartment than to have them wandering the streets.

Food for thought.

Would you having passing a monthly drug test as a requirement. It’s getting harder to find a job if you are a user of illegal drugs.

NRA Patron
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Food for thought.

Cleveland, Ohio, had a bad homeless problem in the 1930s. Elliot Ness (yeah, the same guy) was the Cleveland safety director and solved it quickly and easily. He issued baseball bats to all the cops and had them roust the homeless guys (we called them bums then) to the edge of the city, pointed outward with the bats, and cudgeled them gently out of town.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06

Food for thought.

Would you having passing a monthly drug test as a requirement. It’s getting harder to find a job if you are a user of illegal drugs.

Good question. In other parts of the country, yes, it's oftentimes a requirement.
But this is one is in Cali - they're likely handing out free needles. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was homeless in LA, I lived at the end on the Bob Hope International Airport. Even in Burbank there would be needles in the parking lots. Santa Clarita is a pretty good for a few days if you want to get out of town.

A little known honey hole is at LAX. There is a Postal facility there you can hit at shift change and get a parking spot on the street in front of it. Probably the safest place in LA.

Everyone should go to Walmart in Compton at least once in their life. The hookers are on the street with pimps sitting in the cars watching a quarter of a mile from the store.

I saw a negro woman that I'm guessing had been shot in the eye. It was damn near as big as a baseball and different colors swirled together like a rubber ball.

LA has a map with all there streets marked red, yellow or green. Green streets you can be parked on 24 hours a day and live there. Around skid row isn't a place I would drive through at night, the pictures are nothing like the real thing.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hopefully, the containers are made to be loaded on a chassis and sent to the docks at 3am to be loaded on a slow boat to China.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DryPowder
When I was homeless in LA, I lived at the end on the Bob Hope International Airport. Even in Burbank there would be needles in the parking lots. Santa Clarita is a pretty good for a few days if you want to get out of town.

A little known honey hole is at LAX. There is a Postal facility there you can hit at shift change and get a parking spot on the street in front of it. Probably the safest place in LA.

Everyone should go to Walmart in Compton at least once in their life. The hookers are on the street with pimps sitting in the cars watching a quarter of a mile from the store.

I saw a negro woman that I'm guessing had been shot in the eye. It was damn near as big as a baseball and different colors swirled together like a rubber ball.

LA has a map with all there streets marked red, yellow or green. Green streets you can be parked on 24 hours a day and live there. Around skid row isn't a place I would drive through at night, the pictures are nothing like the real thing.

Are you serious? You used to be homeless? You were living in your car?

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
No mention of what those 87 furnished apartments cost the taxpayer. Probably don't want to know.

I'm sure it's a staggering number... Who would want something like this anywhere near them? I'm guessing these "apartments" come with free water and electricity, or do the "homeless" have day jobs??

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How long will it take before they are trashed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's probably a million working people in that county that can't afford an apartment like that.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
How long will it take before they are trashed?

Won't be long.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by atomchaser
They will trashed within months. People have no respect for that which they haven't worked and sacrificed to obtain.

egg zactly. just look at any of the housing projects in any city. i think its BS to give them for free. make them people pick up garbage or something. hell thats a 2k month apartment in LA.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.