Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
was just at a sports show the other day and spoke with Bosveld Jacobs Safaris about a buff hunt next year, anyone have any experience with them? thanks

BP-B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Never heard of them. Where are they hunting?

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Limpopo,So Africa

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Jacobs family has been huntin in SA for decades. They have a good reputation however, i have never hunted with them.

A word on SA Buff - Access to SA buff is pretty exclusive. So you might enquire further regarding who they are operating though for the permit or if they currently hold any permits. Because you plan to hunt next year, permits can and will change. So it can be difficult to guarantee a permit for next year without plopping down a bunch of bucks. With the pandemic still smoldering, it would be a little more risky and if something falls though, getting your bucks back might become quite the mission.

The pandemic has changed hunting industry quite a bit so it's best to CYA and ask a BUNCH of what if questions, then get the answers on paper in the contract.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Be sure and ask if you get to keep the ear tag…….The only free range buffalo in RSA are in the KPNR concessions and are VERY expensive. Every thing else is a high fence operation. That’s fine as long as you understand the situation.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Getting in line for that 4th booster yet jdollar, the "I'm a doctor and smarter than everyone else, and anyone unjabbed is a dumbass" covtard? I can't believe your American hating, lardass lawyer libtard buddies over on AR let you out of there to come over here. You still kissing the muzzy's ass over there daily? You're a freaking joke.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If buffalo is/was on the menu, SA would be off the menu. I had a great trip in Zimbabwe in 2015 and very fairly priced. When the "dust settles" I will be back.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A couple of points to consider, there is "high fence" like the lions for sale with TAM safaris which is a joke and there are fences that cover in excess of a quarter million acres. In my opinion, the latter is not high fence hunting per se. Second, while buffalo fees in RSA are outrageous, their dauly fees are MUCH lower (say 250/day compared to 1500/day and more in Zim, TZ, etc) so one CAN offset the bottom line.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hyde Hunter,

Hope you are doing well in East River South Dakota, away from rattlesnakes and such. HAHA. I may have to ring you up this summer and we can have a chat over coffee. I was planning to be in Mitchell in July, however that changed as I have a fishing trip in British Columbia that week. I stay in touch and see if we can get together.

Anyway, here is something to ponder.

Be careful in South Africa hunting Cape buffalo. What I have seen is you find a good deal and sign on the line and then in come the little thing that you never talked about. So I have a friend that has fallen in to a trap that you pay extra for anything over 40 inches and then extra extra over 42 inches. By friend was just told if he shoot anything over 40 inches it will cost him and additional $5,500, they never told him what the extra extra would be for over 42 inches.

I had suggested that he consider Zimbabwe, however he thought he had a great deal until the e mail telling him about the possible up charge.

Last edited by Bwana338; 03/16/22.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
hey Bwana338, I am going to be in Deadwood for a week starting June 12th for a Cowboy fast draw championship maybe we could get together at some point then, let me know what works for you

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
The Jacobs family are fine people and I trust them completely. I have hunted with Riaan Jacobs and will spend two weeks with him this year. Bosveld Jacobs is a legendary leopard hunter in South Africa and wrote a book called "Soul of the Leopard ". They have access to huge properties and you will be truly hunting.

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
he was wanting 10,500 for a 10 day buff hunt any size you wanted seemed like a very nice fellow and there were about 4 hunters who passed by while we were talking that had nothing but good things to say and one guy walked up that was with him last year and said you will not find a better hunt than with him and told me about his hunt from 40 yards down to 3 yards when the buff was dead

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I guess you spoke with Riaan since he's in the US now. An honest fellow who will make sure that you have a good time. I am doing Buffalo, plains game and probably some bird hunting too. He has arranged for my wife to ride horses for a few days on a game reserve. Last trip we even watched Riaan and his brother play rugby in a local match .

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Getting in line for that 4th booster yet jdollar, the "I'm a doctor and smarter than everyone else, and anyone unjabbed is a dumbass" covtard? I can't believe your American hating, lardass lawyer libtard buddies over on AR let you out of there to come over here. You still kissing the muzzy's ass over there daily? You're a freaking joke.

Can you explain what your post has to do with the topic. Oh, that’s right- nothing at all…..

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Hyde I'm not very far from you. I have a very close friend and ph that can customize any hunt you want for very reasonable rates. If you want his contact number, pm me and I'll give you his whatsapp.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve hunted with Riaan several times. He’s outstanding. We are goin to Mozambique in a few weeks to hunt buff. Can’t wait to see him again and hopefully get a good buff.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.