#17071522 03/17/22
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
For anyone who has used them.

What’s the verdict on accuracy and on critters. The 69gr apparent Sierra clone looks good but how good are they. The price is sure right.
Thanks

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
ARIC

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I can't give you first hand knowledge as I am still running through the supply of bullets I have but from what I have read on their facebook group page and a few forums they perform really well.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
79s bought a bunch of them at the beginning of the year. Maybe he will report back on how they perform.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shootem
For anyone who has used them.

What’s the verdict on accuracy and on critters. The 69gr apparent Sierra clone looks good but how good are they. The price is sure right.
Thanks

I saw in another thread here that guys are using them and getting similar results as they do with the sierra's. Some have even said the bc's are a hair better. Guys are being tight lipped because they don't want the word out buddy.. I'll buy some and report back..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks bud. I saw a couple references to them myself. They look to me like a good alternative. Think I’ll put my 62gr bullets up for sale. For a one bullet fits all, an accurate 68-70 gr make a lot of sense.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shootem
Thanks bud. I saw a couple references to them myself. They look to me like a good alternative. Think I’ll put my 62gr bullets up for sale. For a one bullet fits all, an accurate 68-70 gr make a lot of sense.

An accurate less expensive bullet really makes sense. ha ha.. Sounds like a great idea to me.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shootem, shoot me a PM . I'm just a couple of miles from you, and I've got a couple thousand on the way from RMR. I'll spot you a handful to try if you want.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
79s bought a bunch of them at the beginning of the year. Maybe he will report back on how they perform.

I’m getting decent results with them using accurate 2200. I loaded some more up and used AR-comp and N540 to see how they do. I just haven’t made it to the range to shoot them. They are not quite a clone to the sierras. The base ogive on the RMR is longer than the Sierra 69gr OTM.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

I’m getting decent results with them using accurate 2200. I loaded some more up and used AR-comp and N540 to see how they do. I just haven’t made it to the range to shoot them. They are not quite a clone to the sierras. The base ogive on the RMR is longer than the Sierra 69gr OTM.

stick says they have a better bc than the sierra's. If they shoot as good, I'm all in..

BSA MAGA
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

stick says they have a better bc than the sierra's. If they shoot as good, I'm all in..

We have our first match coming up next month. I will give these a run at 600yds. I will have a better idea on what the bc is after that match.

Last edited by 79S; 03/20/22.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just tried some in a Howa 1500 .223 with a 9 twist yesterday. Jury is out as I couldn't get them to group. Should've been a peas and carrots setup. More testing to come.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by devnull
Just tried some in a Howa 1500 .223 with a 9 twist yesterday. Jury is out as I couldn't get them to group. Should've been a peas and carrots setup. More testing to come.

What powder did you try and how many different loads? I'm assuming you were working up to find accuracy node?

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

What powder did you try and how many different loads? I'm assuming you were working up to find accuracy node?

Tried XBR8208 and F205 primers in PMC brass annealed with AMP. Worked up from 22.8 gr to 23.8 gr. Velocity was b/t 2700-2870 fps. I plan on trying it again before running them in a 1/7 twist AR. Shotgun patterns at 300 yards....No keyholing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Tried XBR8208 and F205 primers in PMC brass annealed with AMP. Worked up from 22.8 gr to 23.8 gr. Velocity was b/t 2700-2870 fps. I plan on trying it again before running them in a 1/7 twist AR. Shotgun patterns at 300 yards....No keyholing.

Dang, that doesn't sound good. Have you tried the comparable 69gr SMK? You would think accuracy would be pretty good out of a bolt gun.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Dang, that doesn't sound good. Have you tried the comparable 69gr SMK? You would think accuracy would be pretty good out of a bolt gun.

I have tried them at 100 yards. Sub-MOA if I recall correctly.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seat them at 2.250-2.255, I use 22.2gr accurate 2200 with cci 41. Getting 2723 out of a 16inch barrel. Bc holding around .335

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Seat them at 2.250-2.255, I use 22.2gr accurate 2200 with cci 41. Getting 2723 out of a 16inch barrel. Bc holding around .335

Thanks, I am going to try A2200. Been trying other powders with mixed results.

Ran SW Match all the way up to 26.8 grains and it was just starting to show ejector swipes but the grouping was not good with Rem 7-1/2 and worse with Fed AR Match.

8208 with the Fed AR primers were showing potential but I need to work that up a little more.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

How are they doing at distance buddy? Did you shoot them at the 600? I still haven't bought any. Been too damn busy buying and fixing up old rifles and working on loads for them. Was hoping some of you guys would do a better show and tell before I bought some of these bullets. Mickey never did come back and say if he's tried them...??

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

How are they doing at distance buddy? Did you shoot them at the 600? I still haven't bought any. Been too damn busy buying and fixing up old rifles and working on loads for them. Was hoping some of you guys would do a better show and tell before I bought some of these bullets. Mickey never did come back and say if he's tried them...??

This evening I will run them across the course 200,300 and 600. I only shot them at 200yds and they are shooting pretty good. Just hovering around MOA, this is out of my chepo AR I built with the $85 dollar ar stoner barrel. As of now RMR are out of these and backordered.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

This evening I will run them across the course 200,300 and 600. I only shot them at 200yds and they are shooting pretty good. Just hovering around MOA, this is out of my chepo AR I built with the $85 dollar ar stoner barrel. As of now RMR are out of these and backordered.

Sometimes you get damn lucky with cheap barrels, other times you don't. You wouldn't be shooting it, if it didn't do half bad. Unless you like getting beat all the time. Me, not so much..

BSA MAGA
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have 1000 on the shelf and a put together AR nearby. Shooting time has yet to materialize. Finally ready to market our house next week then find another. Spare Time is an oxymoron. Have primed brass ready and have TAC and CFE223 to play with. Have a fair amount of Varget as well if needed.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Sometimes you get damn lucky with cheap barrels, other times you don't. You wouldn't be shooting it, if it didn't do half bad. Unless you like getting beat all the time. Me, not so much..

Word on the street those AR stoner barrels are made by Satern Barrel company.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, you are right. Some guys have great luck with them. I have one and it is mediocre, but it is chambered in 6x45.. I wish it shot better, but it is not bad considering it shoots most bullets decent. Just not any of them jaw dropping.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I can't really be mad at it. I also shouldn't expect a whole lot from a Satern/liberty barrel. Keep us posted on those RMR bullets. They sound like they are getting some mixed reviews right now.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How are they doing at distance buddy? Did you shoot them at the 600?
69s are a pretty sucky bullet at 600 in all but the calmest conditions.

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took them xtc, reminder we are shooting off sling from position. 200yds they did fine unlike me I hate sitting rapid fire. 300yd rapid fire in the prone they did fine I manage a 95-3x. At 600yds these bullets did good, like Tyrone said any wind they start moving. But I’m not blaming the bullet of wind for my abysmal score. Again shooting off sling using 1-4 scope blah blah lol. But the bc holds true at .335 for me anyhow.

Far as barrel it’s good enough for shooting through walls when chit goes south.

Last edited by 79S; 07/02/22.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone

He said he was going to shoot them at 600. I'm still interested in how they do for fu cks sake.. Maybe some of these other guys, like the OP, may be interested as well??

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone

He said he was going to shoot them at 600. I'm still interested in how they do for fu cks sake.. Maybe some of these other guys, like the OP, may be interested as well??

I thought they did well for what they are.. at 600 with these if it’s all you had guys would be hitting the dirt that’s for sure. If you get a chance buy some, good little bullet.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=79S][quote=bsa1917hunter][quote=79S]Seat them at 2.250-2.255, I use 22.2gr accurate 2200 with cci 41. Getting 2723 out of a 16inch barrel. Bc holding around .335

They are made by Bear Creek Arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.