Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
https://remingtongunstore.com/remington-700-sps-tactical-6-5-creedmoor-bolt-action-rifle/

Just looking for something to do a little long range shooting. Nothing competitive, but I want something that’s easy enough My teenage daughters can shoot, and shoot well. Probably put a muzzle brake on there in a nice scope and see what we can do with it!

Last edited by lubbockdave; 03/18/22.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your link sucks goes straight to an empty cart. So you buy it or not?

Swifty
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Sorry guys, it’s a Remington model 700 SPS tactical 6.5 Creedmoor 22 inch barrel.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I believe the link is now fixed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grab a good 22LR and a scope that tracks,repeats and holds zero...if only to Start At The Fhuqking Start. Hint.

The LAST fhuqking thing you want,is a Hogue stock on a "Precision" Rifle. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hogue stocks come out of the Doc Johnson factory. grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Is the new Remington really a "good place to start"?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I agree with Stick, a good 22 is a great start.
If I were wanting to go CF, I would look at a Tikka CTR before I looked at a Remington 700. Better stock, better trigger, smoother action, magazine fed, all are pluses in my book.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cut a check for a Vudoo and never look back. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Cut a check for a Vudoo and never look back. Hint................

I’d also throw that silly little 223 CTR into the ring as well if you didn’t wanna stretch to Vudoo money.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For most,it's easier to stretch a Rimfire,than it is to stretch a Centerfire. Nice to be able to always catch trace and impact too,along with schit being a bunch quieter. Hint.

The Rimfire has greater potential to actually get shot and is at the front of the line,rather than the 223 CTR at the end of the line. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGING!............

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Like Big Stick said dont let those girls bypass the 22 RF....no better way to learn to shoot.

I'm kinda going through the same thing but getting back into long range shooting.
I bought a similar Remington in 6.5 Creedmoor at a similar price...hoping to get back in on a self inflicted budget.

I junked the stock and trigger....new pillar bedded stock put in a jewel trigger.....Nightforce scope setting in Bat rings. I figure it will likely need a barrel somewhere down the road....who knows how far.

I have over 3 grande in it so far....not counting the Forster dies and Lapua brass.

All I really got for $700 was basically a 700 action with a factory barrel of unknown accuracy.

I do have a good platform....if i did it all over again I'd take it over a built Tikka.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mathman
Hogue stocks come out of the Doc Johnson factory. grin

Probably the recycling department

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by LFC
Like Big Stick said dont let those girls bypass the 22 RF....no better way to learn to shoot.

I'm kinda going through the same thing but getting back into long range shooting.
I bought a similar Remington in 6.5 Creedmoor at a similar price...hoping to get back in on a self inflicted budget.

I junked the stock and trigger....new pillar bedded stock put in a jewel trigger.....Nightforce scope setting in Bat rings. I figure it will likely need a barrel somewhere down the road....who knows how far.

I have over 3 grande in it so far....not counting the Forster dies and Lapua brass.

All I really got for $700 was basically a 700 action with a factory barrel of unknown accuracy.

I do have a good platform....if i did it all over again I'd take it over a built Tikka.

3 grande eh?
Way to go genius

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Many years ago I found with one of my Grandsons that a muzzle device report hurt his shooting more than the reduced recoil.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by LFC

3 grande eh?
Way to go genius

Its very likely that a bone stock (not "built" at all) Tikka CTR would put a whooping on that Remington he put $3,000.00 into. You spend a little more money on a chassis for a CTR or buy a Tac a1 and that may work even better for some. That is if you have an appreciation for a chassis. I actually like the homely CTR stock, so that keeps costs down. YMMV on that though.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LFC

3 grande eh?
Way to go genius

Its very likely that a bone stock (not "built" at all) Tikka CTR would put a whooping on that Remington he put $3,000.00 into. You spend a little more money on a chassis for a CTR or buy a Tac a1 and that may work even better for some. That is if you have an appreciation for a chassis. I actually like the homely CTR stock, so that keeps costs down. YMMV on that though.

Same here. That stupid little CTR is an animal.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My CTR is crazy accurate, bone stock. I need to adjust the trigger some day but have not as of yet

Last edited by pullit; 03/25/22.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LFC

3 grande eh?
Way to go genius

Same here. That stupid little CTR is an animal.

I love them man. Was shooting mine a couple days ago and am embarrassed to post a pic of the groups it shot. Yes they were 10 shot, before you ask. ha ha.. Anyway, I have an extra one. I'm thinking about going full on custom with it. Maybe chambering it in 6GT? My first CTR I bought, I'm leaving it just the way it is. Properly glass bedded, stainless recoil lug and trigger adjusted down to 2 pounds. Damn near perfect without a lot of fuss as it is. NO need to go full on custom with these rifles, but it would be fun to play around a bit..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As for the OP, I wouldn't go Remington anything as long as there are still Tikka's out there to buy.. Especially the new Remingtons. I believe that would be a huge waste of money. But to each their own..

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Tikka is a phenomenal starter rifle. Most major stock and chassis companies have inlets for it and a lot of guys end up building custom rifles off of Tikka actions as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 20 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.