Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hi All,
Visiting Florida in mid November on business and I think I'll have a day to fish, but I'll need a party boat charter of some kind because I can't haul the gear & tackle on the plane.
Can anyone recommend such a thing between Ft Lauderdale and Jupiter? (closer to Jupiter & Juno would be best...)
Thanks loads,
Tony in MI

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tony I can give you a suggestion for a little further up in Port Orange if that helps. It has been a long time since I've gone out on a "head" boat but if it will help shoot me a pm. Do you have plans to visit the IGFA head quarters and museum in Dania right next to Lauderdale? If so be sure to eat at the Islamorda fish Company. Nothing fancy just great fish at a great price.

Dave

http://www.igfa.org/mgi.asp

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My parents used to live down there, and had a friend that ran a boat out of the Boynton Beach marina. Ask around for the Banana Boat (nope, it's a bar and restaurant), the marina is right there. Anybody in the Boynton or Delray Beach area can put you on it. Very close to the inlet, and the ocean. I'll see if I can find out what the name of the outfit was. (If they're not still in business, I'm sure SOMEBODY is out of that marina).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try asking here . http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeromain This is the website for the Florida sportsman fishing magazine and it gets a lot of traffic.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
If you are near Daytona Beach, go to Port Orange and go out on the Sealove with Capt.Lee..it's $80.00 a day from 8-4..$5.00 more if you want in the pot..they furnish rod, reel and bait but do not sell food ..so take your own eats.. they do sell soft drinks and beer..you will be catching grouper, red snapper mango snapper, vermilion snapper and other bottom fish..good luck where ever you go. here is a list of party boats all alng the east coast..

http://www.floridasportsman.com/xtra/florida_partyboat_list/

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's the place I was going to suggest. I worked for Frank Timmons at the Sea Love Marina (Ponce Inlet) for a couple of years waaaaaaaaay back in the day. He used to run a fleet of his own boats and all the fish we served in the restaurant were fresh caught and cleaned on the property. Nothing fancy. If you make it don't miss dinner at "Down the Hatch" if it's still there. wink This was a genuine cracker style fish camp. Any how his boy has the Sea Love II and III up in St. Augustine. Lots of great memories and wild nights.
If you get as far North as New Symrna check out JB's fish camp for some crabs and beer.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks loads everyone.

-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come to "The Sailfish Capital of the World", Stuart, FL and get on the Boneshaker. Sailfish aplenty. Maybe a hoss dolphin if your lucky. Let me know if you are interested in snook fishing,I have several buddies who guide inshore. Seatrout, reds, snook, pompano, and whatever else.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can feel free to send some snook and red drum fillets this way. grin Thems some good eats!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by billy336
Come to "The Sailfish Capital of the World", Stuart, FL and get on the Boneshaker. Sailfish aplenty. Maybe a hoss dolphin if your lucky. Let me know if you are interested in snook fishing,I have several buddies who guide inshore. Seatrout, reds, snook, pompano, and whatever else.

Stuart area is great. I actually towed my Whaler down there once and had a blast. That's what got me "hooked" on salt water fishing. This trip, though, will only allow for a really short outing. Do your friends do evening trips? I know it gets dark early there, but I can only get away from about 2-7 PM. I'll look up the Bone Shaker- thanks.

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, Stuart is great. I may be the only true native left. Well, not really, but it seems that way sometimes. These guys are really flexible give me an idea when you'll be around and I'll check into it for ya.

Long Live The Judge

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Stetson i probably met you there as i fished with Frank about 40 years..at least once a week..i don't know whether you know it or not but Frank died in his sleep about three or so years ago.. his wife Mert sold everything, boats and all..Down the Hatch is still there under new ownership..yeh, Frank Jr. is still running out of St. Augustine...yep Frank loved that wild turkey and goiod times were had by all..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! It is indeed a small world. No doubt our paths crossed at some point. I did not know Frank had passed. He was an old salt for sure. I made that man a LOT of fried chicken with pickle and mayo sandwhiches! LOL Of all the things to remember about a guy. I remember when they brought in a 585 pound jew fish one time and a dummy NASA test missle another that had got caught in the nets of the commercial boat. I also remember four hour waits and people getting served in the parking lot during race week. Every year Frank would take out some of the drivers and they would come back and eat. I remember what a first rate jerk R Petty was and Bill Elliot coming right in the kitchen giving every one large cash tips. I have fond memories of that place. Driving down there then was like driving back in time.

Dave

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Bad news for me, but the revised itinerary barely leaves me time for a fish sandwich. "Pre-conference" (???) sessions start an hour after I touch down and the evening I thought I was free is being taken over by a banquet.
Thanks again for the offers.
Best,
Tony
PS: About 20 years ago, I got blown off Lake Okeechobee and wound up fishing in the St. Lucie canal most of the day, around a bunch of rusting barges & such. I hooked a long, thin, toothy fish that reminded me of a northern pike, but obviously wasn't. It spat the hook before we could get it in the boat. Got any idea what it was? Always wondered about that...

Last edited by sourmash; 10/08/07.

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's a gar. There are several varieties swimmin' around down here. Bummer you don't get to fish, the snook are going ballistic right now. Keeper sized fish everywhere. The mullet run this year is just astounding, and the bluefish are flooding the surf as well.

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by billy336
That's a gar. There are several varieties swimmin' around down here. Bummer you don't get to fish, the snook are going ballistic right now. Keeper sized fish everywhere. The mullet run this year is just astounding, and the bluefish are flooding the surf as well.

Oh man, you're killin' me... maybe I can sneak out on the Juno Beach Fishing Pier for a few hours, have you ever done that or heard if its any good? Its right near my hotel...

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any fishing is better than none. I used to enjoy surf casting a lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Juno Pier has a bite from time to time. Even sailfish and kingfish have been caught off the pier. I'd imagine you could bend a rod pretty easily.

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
And they have gear for rent, too yet, right? Or should I maybe take decent reel & buy a throw away rod?

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing to rent as far as I know. Bring your own if you can.

Long Live The Judge

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.