Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Watched this yesterday.. And I'm curious as to what your overall reactions are to this chase.. I have mine, but I wanna hear yours:

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If the idiot only knew what a bad bike accident looks like he wouldn't have pulled that stunt. They need to throw the book at him and it will likely cost him his job as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cops endangered a lot of people chasing that idiot. Wonder why he stopped?

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
High speed accident looking for a place to happen, or maybe the idiot is suicidal. Either way innocent people could have been killed or seriously injured. Luckily nobody got hurt.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
hahahahahaha got caught on a busa, amateur.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Dumb ass thought he wasn't going to jail lol...

Da Fugg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Radio is a lot faster than any motor vehicle.

Did I see 120 through town?

Eeesh.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, that officer can drive, but way too much traffic to do those speeds. Im suprised it wasn't called off!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That bike in stock trim has 40mph on the cruiser. Much more with the limiter deleted.
Stupid on both sides but the speeds were increased because the cop decided to have a little fun too.
I've been up to 186mph on a bike. That's what the limiter held it to. Stuff happens fast at that speed.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mrfudd

So him going 122 before the LE started chasing him wasn't a problem.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Totally irresponsible pursuit for LEO. Both should be thrown in jail for being dipshits. If the motorcycle rider was suspected of a serious violent crime this would still be an irresponsible pursuit but for a justifiable reason.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickBin
Radio is a lot faster than any motor vehicle.

Did I see 120 through town?

Eeesh.

Originally Posted by Esox357
Wow, that officer can drive, but way too much traffic to do those speeds. Im suprised it wasn't called off!

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

All that. Too much speed (cop)...... You echo my thoughts guys.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ditto on the foolish chase. In the beginning it shows the perp on the ground handcuffed. Cop inches away from his face screaming. Any wonder ppl hate cops? Guy doesn't have the resolve to be professional. Bullies should be terminated, (with prejudice).

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by mrfudd

So him going 122 before the LE started chasing him wasn't a problem.

I’ve been to more MVA’s and motorcycles versus car-truck-bus-trees than I care to remember including many HIGH speed motorcycle wrecks and the danger the motorcycle rider created was mostly a danger to himself while the cop doing 150 in the cruiser posed a danger to everyone.

Years ago I was first on scene to car versus motorcycle head on crash. The motorcycle was traveling in excess of 130 when it hit the passenger car doing 60mph head on. The lady driving the car was quite shaken up but totally unhurt. The guy on the motorcycle was in significantly worse shape. He was over 100 yards from the impact spot and when we took c-spine precautions to roll him over I was at his legs and I literally caught his foot still in the shoe still hanging from a piece of his Achilles’ tendon. His license said that he was 6’1” but he was so completely shattered that he was barely 5’ tall laying there. MAST pants went on and then we determined the futility of it all considering A-systole and massive trauma/blood loss so we called it and airlift Northwest was canceled. If that accident had happened to 2 cars rather than a motorcycle we’d have been dealing with 2 DOA’s at a minimum.

I’ve personally called off pursuits because the potential for a catastrophic accident or injury to innocent bystanders was more than I was willing to chance and the subject I was pursuing was NOT suspected of a violent crime. A license plate number and a good description can often be enough without endangering everyone else in the area.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Biker should lose his license trooper his job

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Son is a Patrol Deputy (FTO at time of incident) and had a similar occurrence. State patrol called in a bike doing 100+ and he was in pursuit. Son and partner were a few miles up the road so they pulled off and were waiting. I need to add that this was in the dark - So this guy goes dark, shuts the lights off and is hauling ass up the highway. Son said they clocked him at 172mph - in the dark with the lights off! He said they couldn't see him coming but the radar gun was screaming. There was no way they were going to catch up so they didn't even flip on the lights.........not a very long life expectancy.

Last edited by centershot; 03/23/22.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If that officer was going 150 MPH, he should be fired for endangering the public. The bike rider, since he was stupid enough to be caught and doing those speeds, should have also been taken to jail.

Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
The need for immediate apprehension must outweigh the risk created by the pursuit, to the public and those involved. It clearly didn’t. That’s my agency’s policy. We don’t chase organ donors. I wonder what the Troopers policy states? Going through town at those speeds is unacceptable.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by White_Bear
That bike in stock trim has 40mph on the cruiser. Much more with the limiter deleted.
Stupid on both sides but the speeds were increased because the cop decided to have a little fun too.
I've been up to 186mph on a bike. That's what the limiter held it to. Stuff happens fast at that speed.

What does the bike do when it hits the limiter?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
336 members (257 mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.