Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Been tracking this for a few months now... same site (so no cross reference errors).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um, it's not a bad thing.

I mean, it is in the context of how they were kept artificially low, but sub 3% interest rates while we have double digit inflation is bullshit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Um, it's not a bad thing.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of the money printer going brrrrrr.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Been tracking this for a few months now... same site (so no cross reference errors).

If Prez Demento continues, we could be seeing 13% again... Ala "Peanuts Carter"...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The only way to stop this inflation will be drastic cuts in government deficit spending as well as increased interest rates. Interest has been kept artificially low far too long.

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Yes .. The spending ain’t going to stop..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch, Poleho, Schmer have their orders ..
Crush the System with Insane Spending..
If you haven’t looked at the direction of the money it’s going to the most bizarre interests..
Take Infrastructure Bill .. Hahaha
Pakistani Trans Studies.. Green Experiments in stupidity that will not produce enough energy for a modern economy..
How about Transportation Secretary Pete Butterbutt 750 million for Highway Cameras meanwhile the Gird is not being upgraded for future Demand little alone the flexibility of Handling both Green and Traditional Energy Sources..
Make ya wonder if their that serious about Green Energy..
It’s a Scam of the Treasure in the end they know a Modern Economy can’t run on Green Energy it’s just not Capable.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tylerw02
The only way to stop this inflation will be drastic cuts in government deficit spending as well as increased interest rates.

Correct...

And since cuts in government deficit spending are NOT POSSIBLE... an increase in interest rates will have no choice but to do all the heavy lifting.

Interest has been kept artificially low far too long.

While I do not disagree with that statement... it is water under the bridge and no part of current economics.

MANY low income people have benefited tremendously from low interest rates.

The number of first time home buys (especially minority represented demographics) set all time records under Trump's economic policy. Many of those same people will loose everything in the near future.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
With a substantial interest hike what happens to the interest on our $30 TRILLION national debt? Is 5% of $30 trillion 1.5 trillion?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Hastings
With a substantial interest hike what happens to the interest on our $30 TRILLION national debt? Is 5% of $30 trillion 1.5 trillion?

LOL...

Now the lights will start coming on.

Not picking on you Hastings (AT ALL)... it is just mind boggling to me how a 30 Trillion Deficient will hit 100 Trillion and folks will say "What? Huh?"

That $300 stimulus check will cost $2,800 to pay back.

THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE BE SHANGHAIED... enslaved.

The 1% will own your ass and will demand their pound of flesh. Period... end of sentence.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Stickfight

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

That is an amazing chart to study.

Obongo tried so hard to kick up inflation (it was the right choice back then for tempered growth)... but failed emotionally.

Trump saw the looming disaster and poured on the coal (and would have made it (in his second term))... basically outrunning the devil... so to speak

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sure miss Big Daddy Trump

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The only way to stop this inflation will be drastic cuts in government deficit spending as well as increased interest rates.

Correct...

And since cuts in government deficit spending are NOT POSSIBLE... an increase in interest rates will have no choice but to do all the heavy lifting.

Interest has been kept artificially low far too long.

While I do not disagree with that statement... it is water under the bridge and no part of current economics.

MANY low income people have benefited tremendously from low interest rates.

The number of first time home buys (especially minority represented demographics) set all time records under Trump's economic policy. Many of those same people will loose everything in the near future.

Yup, winners and losers with both high and low interest.

Low interest means investments other than bonds and traditional lending look more attractive; the stock market. This helps 401k and other retirement accounts. It is also easier to get out of debt. It means inflation, debtors pay back with inflated money, including the .gov....which also gets to take in more tax revenue. Inflation is often called the invisible tax.

Low interest means those with money can't make as much. It also means inflation, which hurts those living off pensions, SSI, etc. It means your bank account shrinks in purchasing power.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hanco

trump might have slowed it a bit.....kick the can down the road but this is going to happen no matter whos in....bob

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hope everyone has the home they want. Super low interest rates are over.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Redneck

If Prez Demento continues, we could be seeing 13% again... Ala "Peanuts Carter"...

I remember more like 17% under the watch of the 3rd worst president ever.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We can't just blame Dementia Biden on inflation. Trump out-spent any president in history.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Now that’s funny!!
Everybody knows bammy was the deficit king.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by hanco

trump might have slowed it a bit.....kick the can down the road but this is going to happen no matter whos in....bob

Oh, if republicans take the house out senate, rates will go up fast, and the commies will blame the republicans.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We can't just blame Dementia Biden on inflation. Trump out-spent any president in history.

DOn't be stupid but I know you can't help it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

DOn't be stupid but I know you can't help it.

You sweet child of spring...

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/federal-budget-receipts-and-outlays

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,592
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.