Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Bought more than several there.If there not running a special I can usually beat there price on new elsewhere if Bobs has I can usually do better there.The bargains at Grices used to be in the used gun I’ve got some good deals over the years.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Blue Collar Reloading is usually cheaper, and no sales tax if you’re not in North Carolina.

Grice seems to have been well supplied by Hornady during these last 2 years. Like others have said, their in store staff are a bunch of jagoffs, but if ordering online you are good to go.

Last edited by Stammster; 03/29/22.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Iffin I wasn't 2K miles away........

I'd go see if they had any SP primers.......

Down to my last 10K..........

https://www.gricegunshop.com/

No primers at all! Their retail store is well stocked with guns. As others stated, the staff are mostly jagoffs. They lost their local following of reloaders during the primer/powder shortage over the last 2 years. As a business with a hazmat license, they took to gunbroker to auction all their primers and powder at the ridiculous prices going on, while selling none through the store. The store shelves are bare of primers and most powders while they take advantage of the shortage prices selling exclusively online.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Remington 7600 in .243 from a special run. Laminate stock and unfired in box. It sure looks nice!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Been there many times, price are nothing special. But the employee seem to be. Was looking for federal 338 win mag, employee said 338 federal was the same and would work. I found a box of 338 win mag and a box of 338 federal. Then showed him the difference. He had nothing to say.

Don't gobble at me
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Iffin I wasn't 2K miles away........

I'd go see if they had any SP primers.......

Down to my last 10K..........

https://www.gricegunshop.com/

They have none

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Grice used to be the biggest employer in Clearfield county. We were just there in February

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They were big on non catalog Remingtons for years. Special run pumps in 35 Whelan, plus laminated, maple and synthetic stock pumps, for example.

Back in the late 90s when 700ADL synthetics came out, they offered six or so, different chamberings that were never in the Remington catalog. Like the 260 as an example. Guy at our club wanted one, so he bought a used ADL in308, put a BDL 260 take off barrel on it. Matte finish receiver, shiny BDL barrel.

Told him the gun shop near my cabin, had ADLs in 260, he called me a liar. Months later another member was at Grice's and told him yep, you can get one there, that had matching matte finish metal. Whatever special run Remingtons that came from Grices appeared, were always in stock at our gun shop.

Buddy and I each got an ADL synthetic in 223, with a heavier bbl than the normal version, also out of Grice's. Both are tack drivers.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Every time I visit relatives in PA my brother and I will run to Clearfield and visit Grices and Bobs. Followed by a burger at Dennys (not the chain place) or a calzone at that place beside the river not far from Grices. First gun I bought from them was in the mid 70's. A LH Rem 700 BDL in 7mm mag.
They may not always have the lowest prices but I always try to buy something nice from them. They are a dying breed and we need to keep them in business. Their inventory is amazing.

Going to miss visiting Bobs. I love walking in there and seeing stacks of boots and hunting clothing and walking around on those old wooden floors.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Went for the first time last year. About an hour plus from our place in PA. Big store, wasn't particularly impressed with the sales staff, but I bought two guns from them for a fair price, a Pre-64 standard in 270 WCF and an unusual (at least to me) Savage 99 Carbine in 303 S

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 80's when I had my gun shop, Grice was one of my most reliable suppliers. Their prices were good, and they were nice to talk to on the phone. I can't remember but I might have been using a dealers/wholesale catalog.
I didn't know there was still a Grice Wholesale!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
If you go, save some time to visit the car museum just a couple blocks away. Trust me, it's not just about cars there - some taxidermists (and hunters) have done very well in that neck of the woods.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Haven't been there in several years
Do they still have the rack full of used guns?
Man there were some nice ones there, except for the chains thru trigger guards and the scratches they made.
Too bad about BOB's, it was always a stop too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can guess that Grice has less than 1/2 of the guns on display. Many racks were removed. I was just there Friday.
Bob's sale is 5-10% off most items. I never saw 30% marked on any display. Firearms 5%, Archery 10%, optics 10%, reloading 10%. Saw some jackets for 20% off. I thought I would grab a over and under, but I can get a better deal sitting at the computer.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Bought from them once, great experience

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just ordered from them again Monday. I've been able to find some components there over the last couple of years that I could not find any where else.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My only complaint was that they would always send out a big elaborate sale flyer. Then, when you drove a couple of hours to get there, they wouldn't have half of the stuff in the flyer.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
^^^
Yep, I got a buddy that’s 77 now. Happened to him about 25 years ago, and he’s never gone back and will bad mouth them until the day he dies.

He even called ahead of time to verify, before driving 2+ hrs. When he got their, they tried to bait and switch. The one sales guy even told him, they never had any in stock ever.

That was the second and last strike for him. They used to have a round up policy (maybe still do in store) where they keep the excess pennies they owed you in change.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stammster
^^^
Yep, I got a buddy that’s 77 now. Happened to him about 25 years ago, and he’s never gone back and will bad mouth them until the day he dies.

He even called ahead of time to verify, before driving 2+ hrs. When he got their, they tried to bait and switch. The one sales guy even told him, they never had any in stock ever.

That was the second and last strike for him. They used to have a round up policy (maybe still do in store) where they keep the excess pennies they owed you in change.

I have called ahead on "special " guns more than once to be sure they had them . I always asked to speak to the manager , never lied to . They did give a time limit to hold guns though .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Never been there. I even hunt in Clearfield County a good bit but have never darkened the doorway. After reading about the customer service I may never go

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,141
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.