-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Again with the "if you make less than $400k, you're taxes won't go up one dime" scam. Even if on the surface it's technically correct, raising corporate taxes just gets passed on the those very people they claim to protect in the form of higher prices on all goods and services. Whether they admit it or not, all tax hikes are paid for in one way or another by all people. Therein lies the deception which the Left has mastered.

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They gonna fuuuck the working man somehow. This cshit coming out of their mouths is all lip service to the ignorant democunts that vote for them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
A tax on unrealized capital gains will destroy our free enterprise/capitalism system..... or I should say be the final killing blow

It would actually bankrupt a lot of people. In many circumstances, the difference between paper gains and liquid assets is so huge that people wouldn't be able to pay the taxes. And the next year, the exact opposite might be the case. So here's a rhetorical question for everyone...if a person has massive unrealized losses, is the government going to cut them a check of a fortune in the form of a tax credit on the unrealized losses??? You know the answer already.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Rest assured that there will be plenty of loopholes for the wealthy Democrats. They won't be cutting down their money tree, those who donate big to keep them in power. This is all playing games to dupe the real people.

Ask yourself why so many billionaires vote and support democrats and why they do it? They do it because when democrats are in power the ultra wealthy can count on them to govern in ways that financially benefit billionaires. Every "tax the rich" scheme in history has contained loopholes that have ultimately benefitted rich democratic donors and soaked the middle/upper middle class. This will be no different, the law will be written so that Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates can make a couple of minor adjustments to their portfolio and go about their merry way. Meanwhile the small investor with a few million dollars in his stock portfolio will lose half his wealth.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's like claiming they'll create a flood to drown giraffes - without mentioning that everything shorter than giraffes...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Those are the folks that have the drive to dream big, invent things, build factories, and create jobs for us poor folks. Tax them out of existence and then we'll have income equality with everyone in the dumps.

I'm most inclined to support a flat tax across the board. I.e. What was your income? Multiply that by 0.05 and send us a check.

Am I envious of the Rockefellers, Melons, or Hiltons? You bet, but someone in those families busted their ass to acquire their assets and probably employed and pulled a few of us along while doing so. Lots of them also went broke several times before coming up with a successful idea.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/30/22.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do, if you start a company, go public, enjoy great gains from the IPO, do you sell to pay taxes and violate SEC holding regulations?

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Tax expenses will be passed along to the consumer......like always.

This is how politicians appeal to low IQ voters, while increasing tax on everybody..........but on paper it's only 'the wealthy paying their share'.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Like a thought crime they are going to tax people for profits they might make in the future. Are they going to be taxing businesses if they leave any working capital in the business too? Seems that would be the case with many sole proprietorship.

Bb

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If people had to cut a check for taxes instead of the automatic deductions, they'd be more involved with how badly it is spent. They'd also be looking for cheaper alternatives to lower their bill too.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Holy Sh it you guys aren’t paying Attention..
This will be on of the Derby Donkey named Mitch finest pieces of Work ..
5000 pages of Rich People Loopholes not to mention all the Subversive NGO Funding..
The Rich write the Tax Law never forget that..
As the Hot Tub Philosopher from SC once said:
“ You ain’t seen Nothing Yet””

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Dess
If people had to cut a check for taxes instead of the automatic deductions, they'd be more involved with how badly it is spent. They'd also be looking for cheaper alternatives to lower their bill too.

57% of all Americans paid no federal income tax for 2021. Federal VAT and similar consumption based taxes seem like the lessor of tax evils to me but I can't support one because they'd just add it in addition to everything else. The taxes I hate the most are on my home and land. Always just renting from the king. Many on fixed income are having a hard time with property taxes doubling over just a few years. My property tax is more than my first mortgage was in 2006. The government is entirely too big in every way.

Bb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
This will affect everyone. They can't bleed the billionaires for enough money to do what they want to do. Unrealized capital gains is a gateway drug for the globalists. It will affect everyone eventually, everyone except the billionaires.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It's just political theater. They know it won't pass.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
They will use others, billionaires, money until it is gone. Then....come for what little we have. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.