Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by BigFiveJack

This is at the bottom of your every post:
My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.

IT'S FROM THE BIBLE !

Galatians 6:7 - ...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

All cool in theory. What about reality. You are born to a meth head mother and watch her get beaten every day by her man du jour. You are treated like dirt. You only know survival, You do bad things to survive because that is all you know. Are you hosed by God for that?

Cheyenne;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the last day of March was a good one for you and you're all well.

When I read your query that is quoted a couple instances came to my mind that gave me hope that there is an alternative to doing bad things, but admittedly one is an example of someone I don't really know. That person is Gavin de Becker who wrote The Gift of Fear and seems to have come from an extremely tumultuous and violent home life in his younger years.

I learned about Gavin de Becker years ago and was struck by the similarity to a friend who I respect very much, who I've known for more than 4 decades now. This friend doesn't ever talk much about his childhood, but when he did the few times, I was shocked both at how horrific it was and yet how much of a solid, productive and truly fine human he'd become in spite of it.

It's somewhat speculation on my part, but I get the impression that in those two instances the people made the decision to reject all or most aspects of that lifestyle and then went on to attempt to help their fellow humans instead.

While I don't know at all if Mr. de Becker has theistic beliefs or not, my friend does and it's he's been what I'd consider a blessing to me and others too from what I've seen, so in this instance he wasn't hosed by God for it.

As an aside, Greg/crossfireoops used to call me "hoser" and your use of the word reminded me of him and some pleasant exchanges we had over the years, so thanks very much for that as I do appreciate it.

In the end I hope and pray that more than less of us are trying to negotiate staying out of the ditches in this thing we call life in the best way possible, hopefully maintaining and building on what we've been given so the next shift will be successful, you know?

Anyways sir, thanks for letting me share some random thoughts that were brought on by your post.

All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/31/22. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

You are not helping your cause, at least not with me.

How would you characterize this cause of his that he isn’t helping?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Perhaps I don't quite understand your position Please explain it a little more. Certainly everyone has free will as to whether or not they sin. Are you saying that one must quit sinning to be saved and part of His family Big Five Jack?
It might help you if you would repent of your lying. Why don't you confess all the lies you have told on this forum.
How about start with that story you told about that fantastic 10 group you shot into 1 hole when you were less than 10 years old.

Nothing you say here has any credibility.

Is THAT the best you've got?
You "men" spent day after day with a fine toothed comb scouring 8,800 posts of a very long book trying to find one sin?
For a Federal law enforcement officer, I thought you could do better than that.
The best you have is a personal correspondence with someone who was sharing the inherent accuracy of some of the finest sporterized military rifles in history. I was told by another of his Mauser that had a one hole group too. Don't believe it? Who cares what you believe? First, that correspondence was None of your damned business or the other jackass who made criminal terroristic threats against me. You want to affiliate yourself with others making terroristic threats, go right ahead.

From many decades ago, I spoke from memory what happened when I was a boy shooting that knot on the tree from prone. Why should anyone care whether or not you believe that? What the hell does it matter to YOU?

Furthermore, I DO sin and make no excuses for them.
However, you are NOT God and I will never go to you or anyone else here to confess them as some Catholic going to a priest to be forgiven. I go directly to the Almighty. You don't qualify Hastings. YOU are the one with NO credibility.

What REALLY matters is that fact that the gospel I proclaim is absolutely TRUE. You have no power against it, so you attack the messenger as if that can nullify my, and Paul's AND Jesus' gospel. Don't believe it? That's your choice. You don't even believe that Jesus is God. You are Unitarian, far left of the rainbow flag lesbian priest at the Episcopalian church.
You have another Jesus, another gospel and christians have a mandate about those bringing another gospel or another "Jesus."

The Jesus I know is God and I can prove that not only from the New Testament, but also the old. Why? Because He is eternally God. Always was Alpha and always will be, Omega.

"For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I have declared, and have saved
, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."

Isaiah 43

"Let God be true and every man a liar!"

OK, I'm glad you are a little upset. You have for a long time come up with some crazy sounding stories. Awhile back we thought we had run you off when one of the members chronicled several of those fantastic adventures. I was just pointing out that you have 0 credibility and cited the one story that caught my eye. The one about the 10 or maybe 15 shot one hole group with an 8mm military rifle when you were a small child.

Oh, I almost forgot to ask, are you that preacher from Chester SC?

Last edited by Hastings; 03/31/22. Reason: added last sentence

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by copperking81

You have a history on this site of making straw men out of conservative values and positions.

And it's funny because you take yourself so seriously.

Would you be so kind as to name one conservative value I do not endorse, and for that matter practice.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Perhaps I don't quite understand your position Please explain it a little more. Certainly everyone has free will as to whether or not they sin. Are you saying that one must quit sinning to be saved and part of His family Big Five Jack?
It might help you if you would repent of your lying. Why don't you confess all the lies you have told on this forum.
How about start with that story you told about that fantastic 10 group you shot into 1 hole when you were less than 10 years old.

Nothing you say here has any credibility.

Is THAT the best you've got?
You "men" spent day after day with a fine toothed comb scouring 8,800 posts of a very long book trying to find one sin?
For a Federal law enforcement officer, I thought you could do better than that.
The best you have is a personal correspondence with someone who was sharing the inherent accuracy of some of the finest sporterized military rifles in history. I was told by another of his Mauser that had a one hole group too. Don't believe it? Who cares what you believe? First, that correspondence was None of your damned business or the other jackass who made criminal terroristic threats against me. You want to affiliate yourself with others making terroristic threats, go right ahead.

From many decades ago, I spoke from memory what happened when I was a boy shooting that knot on the tree from prone. Why should anyone care whether or not you believe that? What the hell does it matter to YOU?

Furthermore, I DO sin and make no excuses for them.
However, you are NOT God and I will never go to you or anyone else here to confess them as some Catholic going to a priest to be forgiven. I go directly to the Almighty. You don't qualify Hastings. YOU are the one with NO credibility.

What REALLY matters is that fact that the gospel I proclaim is absolutely TRUE. You have no power against it, so you attack the messenger as if that can nullify my, and Paul's AND Jesus' gospel. Don't believe it? That's your choice. You don't even believe that Jesus is God. You are Unitarian, far left of the rainbow flag lesbian priest at the Episcopalian church.
You have another Jesus, another gospel and christians have a mandate about those bringing another gospel or another "Jesus."

The Jesus I know is God and I can prove that not only from the New Testament, but also the old. Why? Because He is eternally God. Always was Alpha and always will be, Omega.

"For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I have declared, and have saved
, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."

Isaiah 43

"Let God be true and every man a liar!"

Happy Camper, Renaissance Man?

Crappy, is Billy Graham still in Hell?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

You have a history on this site of making straw men out of conservative values and positions.

Would you be so kind as to name one conservative value I do not endorse, and for that matter practice.

I have no idea what conservative values you endorse or practice. My comment is based on the numerous Christianity impugning, SJW, and covid doom threads / comments you've made.
All of which are consistent with liberal behavior.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Anybody that claims to support the Constitution couldn't support a State mandated religion of any type.......so I doubt many would.

Last edited by reivertom; 03/31/22.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

I have no idea what conservative values you endorse or practice. My comment is based on the numerous Christianity impugning, SJW, and covid doom threads / comments you've made.

I have never impugned any Christian. I have stated I can not believe that which they believe.

On top of that it seems you freely admit you know not of which you speak.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I have never impugned any Christian. I have stated I can not believe that which they believe.

Right. This thread, "How many of our Christian Conservatives... Would have their brand of religion mandated by law? isn't intended to be impugning. You're disingenuous too, just like a liberal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
OP thinks Pat Robertson and the klan are calling the shots in this country lol

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
OP thinks Pat Robertson and the klan are calling the shots in this country lol

See? More lies!

Can you see only in the brightest of white vs the darkest of blacks?

The OP was a question, not a statement.

Can you not recognize that one might be your ally even if he only agrees with 90% of what you hold dear?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WMR
Odd question. Must be a backstory to it.

Not much of one. The OP is a closet liberal with no life experience outside of a 20 mile radius from mammy's farmhouse.

He has read a couple of pages from Flavius Josephus and a chapter of Ayn Rand. Of course that qualifies him to be the most obnoxious kind of closet liberal.... one who masquerades a libertarian atheist.

Do you claim to be a Christian?

Yet you lie like Obama or Biden! Is that not a deliberate sin?

Many of the founding fathers were agnostic or athiest. That God is named in our founding documents reflects the pressure of the church and of public opinion at the time. It does not prove the existance of God.

That is exactly what the leftist liberals promote. It's a lie hatched from hell to not only take my freedom but yours as well!

What's in bold is taken from another thread. My response to your post is at the end. This is exactly why it's hard to believe you are a conservative. What you're saying is exactly in line with every liberal on the face of the earth. There is good reason for us to doubt your integrity. Words mean nothing when your alliances show otherwise.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by BigFiveJack
God made salvation a choice, so I go with Him. He's the creator of the universe....He knows best.

Respectfully, God made free will regarding whether a person will sin or not. It's NOT about salvation.

Ephesians : Chapter 2 : Verses 8,9,10,11

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in
Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Hello,

I highlighted your direct question to me.
The short answer to your question is NO.
I initially responded directly to you earlier, because you seemed to have stated that we, as people, choose God's offer to us, to be saved by God.
That is incorrect. The scriptures say in a number of places, include that which I quoted, that we are saved by God's Grace, and that He chooses!
Ephesians 2 Vs 8:"...and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God"

I explain it often as sort of like the reverse process of a very well skilled pickpocket.
Imagine you decided to take a 1 mile walk to a local store for a small lightweight purchase.
90% of the way there you realize that you left your wallet at home, and you check your pockets and they are ALL totally empty!
You know the shop owners well, so you expect they'll let you pay them tomorrow when you explain.
Just outside the store a person brushes past you, and you both say, "Excuse me.".
You enter the store and right beside the cash register area is the small $5.00 item that you want.
With one hand you grab it, while saying hello to the cashier/shop owner whom you know!
You begin to tell the story of your forgotten wallet as you casually put your free hand into your pocket.
You are surprised to feel what you believe is a currency note!
You pull it out and see that it's a TEN DOLLAR BILL !
You can't figure it out initially.
Then you remember the "brushing past" with the other person!
You realize that the other person slipped that "gift" into your pocket!
There was nothing that you did to receive the gift.
You couldn't stop it from happening.
You were suddenly RICHER,
and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Last edited by BigFiveJack; 04/01/22.

Jack
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

That is a view I can appreciate. As Christians, we are commanded to tell you about Jesus and salvation. What you do with that is up to you. I do not understand the perceived need of many to try and force it down your throat. I can and do respect your position. I hope you can understand mine. Many don't.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The connection between a transcendent authority above humanity (it doesn’t have to be “God”) and our freedom is inescapable. To the extent that we as a society recognize this fact and fall back on that as a point of commonality we can remain free. As the Declaration of Independence says, our rights are not granted by a benevolent ruler or government but endowed a priori.

Central to the totalitarian forces aligned against us is secular materialism; this is the guiding presupposition of Communism. There is nothing but the physical, there is no limitation inherent in our nature, and as the highest form of life on this planet it is imperative that we manipulate reality by whatever means necessary to make things “better”. They have no god to answer to but themselves, no transcendent rule by which they must govern their actions, and no recognition of the inescapable limits of human nature.

This is not an apologetic for Christianity per se, but a rebuttal against those who claim that faith in a transcendent reality is antithetical to freedom. It is, in fact, the one foundation upon which we can have assurance of something worth passing to posterity rather than gulags and bread lines.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
My position is and always has been:
I am intelligent enough to understand what the pelople of a community need from each other in order to live in harmony.

If I choose to live as an adulterer, there will be consequences I would rathet avoid.

If I trespass against my neighbor, there will be.............................

If choose to live as a theif, a drunk, an addict, an abuser of women or children, there will be consequences..................................

Any semi intelligent human should be able to sit down and invent the ten commandments with no prior knowledge. He/she should need no help figuring out how society SHOULD be run.

I find it surprising that some would claim morals can only come from God. When such rules should be self evident to any with an IQ over 85.

Those are my thoughts. I know that many do not agree and of course, that is okay with me. Many of my most beloved are deeply religious. I love/ did love (some are departed) them dearly.

That still does not mean I think they were not mistaken.

One need not share nor hypocritically profess a belief in God to be a true conservative in every sense of the word. Consevative does not necessitate Consevative Christian.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I am intelligent enough to understand what the pelople of a community need from each other in order to live in harmony.

If I choose to live as an adulterer, there will be consequences I would rathet avoid.

If choose to live as a theif, a drunk, an addict, an abuser of women or children, there will be consequences..................................

Any semi intelligent human should be able to sit down and invent the ten commandments with no prior knowledge. He/she should need no help figuring out how society SHOULD be run.

I find it surprising that some would claim morals can only come from God. When such rules should be self evident to any with an IQ over 85.

Those are my thoughts. I know that many do not agree and of course, that is okay with me. Many of my most beloved are deeply religious. I love/ did love (some are departed) them dearly.

One need not share nor hypocritically profess a belief in God to be a true conservative in every sense of the word. Consevative does not necessitate Consevative Christian.

If you choose to be an atheist, be an atheist. I don't understand why you feel the need to proclaim it and disrespect those who disagree with you on the matter.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe

If you choose to be an atheist, be an atheist. I don't understand why you feel the need to proclaim it and disrespect those who disagree with you on the matter.

Can you please quote my words of disrespect, so that I may sincerely strive to avoid them in the future?

A simple statement of disagreement is no disrespect.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Can you please quote my words of disrespect, so that I may sincerely strive to avoid them in the future?

A simple statement of disagreement is no disrespect.

What is your point in starting divisive threads like this?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I am not atheist but I agree the ten commandments are just common sense rules to keep society harmonious. I agree that a non-believer could come up with a pretty similar set of guidelines for an orderly society.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
672 members (10Glocks, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.