Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll just distill saltwater in my still.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
We started clearing all the Ashe juniper off the ranch last year. Almost 1/2 done. Spring are starting up again. When we get the highlands done in the back pasture there are several old springs back there that might just start up again.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The crick..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've got a tile line that empties in my yard. I'll drink from that until I die of the carcinogens.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Several free-running springs in ther area, plus I've got a 300+ ft. well that's been keeping us supplied for over 40 years. The water comet to within 30 feet of the surface if it's not pumped for a few hours. Back before we got the submersible pump installed and plumbed the house, my son called hoisting up a 6 foot bailer and emptying it into a 5 gallon plastic bucket "running water" when he brought it into the house.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a sump pump pit in the basement. The water gets filtered around the house and ends up in the sump pump pit. The water is pretty clear but some chlorine bleach or boiling should get rid of the bad stuff. Unfortunately, I am 47 miles from the well at the farm. It's a 2 foot drop from the top of the well to the water.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The river in the back has plenty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
12 volt

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org][Linked Image from plastic-mart.com][Linked Image from i.dlpng.com][Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can hit water at 7-8ft with my back hoe here against the limestone bluffs on our place.

We have two wells.

Several surface springs and a year round stream with crawdads and minnows. Clear limestone bottoms on the creek here and for now, no nasty bovines up the hollow.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's great having a ho

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i drink beer so i'm good.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rem141r

+1. If there’s no beer, I’d rather not survive the SHTF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Great idea!

All I have to do is pull up 375’ of plastic pipe and wire, and the pump of course, then lower that puppy & pull it up full of water.

Think I’ll just run my generator and use the pump that’s down there. It burns maybe a gallon of gas an hour, and can pump a lot of water in an hour. One of those big poly tanks they sell at the tractor store might be a good idea.

That is right. Pain in the ass to pull that pump.
On the other hand, in a dire SHTF situation, there will be some bad guys with guns out and about, looking for food and other stuff to steal. If they hear a generator running, they will go to the sound of that generator.

Grandpa’s got guns too, and would rather be shot than die pulling all that stuff out of the ground. Pretty sure the puller used by my well guy has a lot more ass than I do….
well pumps pull easy with a loader tractor

Left mine in my other pants.

Hell, the Shenandoah is only 15 minutes away. I can take a bath while my Sawyers filters out water for my coffee.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We got a well, a stock tank, and a still.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by rem141r

+1. If there’s no beer, I’d rather not survive the SHTF

LMAO

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Have a good spring 100 yards or so behind the house. It’s never went dry. Probably flows 40 to 50 gallon a minute.
It comes out on a big flat rock and there’s a hole that was chiseled in there at some point that is just big enough to scoop a five gallon bucket into.
There’s an old road runs beside it.
An old guy told us people used to stop and get water there when he was a kid back in the thirties. He told us about the hole.
We had always kept the spring cleaned out but after talking to him we started digging and probing around on that big flat rock and found a little depression the size of a cereal bowl.
We kept at it and an hour later had cleaned out a huge “dipping” hole.
This was around 86’ or so.
Over 40 years time and the gravel and clay had packed in there and if the old timer hadn’t told us about it we would have never known it was there.

Last edited by JTrapper73; 04/03/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Reservoir is 1/4 mile away. No bailing required.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
My brother in Atlanta has a swimming pool. To begin with, Atlanta would be a real bad place to be in a survival situation. Talk about some bad guys with guns that want to come to your neighborhood and take your stuff. One reason I don't live there any more.

But, right now he has a cover on it, so no dead bugs or birds in the water. Certainly you could use that water to flush the toilet, and you could cook with it. I guess you could drink it, it has chlorine in it. Might have to let set overnight to let the chlorine dissipate.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
??? good question. Lake I suppose. Don't have a well. We do loose water whenever the electwicity goes out.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Have a good spring 100 yards or so behind the house. It’s never went dry. Probably flows 40 to 50 gallon a minute.
It comes out on a big flat rock and there’s a hole that was chiseled in there at some point that is just big enough to scoop a five gallon bucket into.
There’s an old road runs beside it.
An old guy told us people used to stop and get water there when he was a kid back in the thirties. He told us about the hole.
We had always kept the spring cleaned out but after talking to him we started digging and probing around on that big flat rock and found a little depression the size of a cereal bowl.
We kept at it and an hour later had cleaned out a huge “dipping” hole.
This was around 86’ or so.
Over 40 years time and the gravel and clay had packed in there and if the old timer hadn’t told us about it we would have never known it was there.

Bonanza! A massive spring 100 yards from the house. You can't beat that.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 3,004 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,258
Posts18,467,084
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.