Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
A few years ago Gibson's Bakery, which has served the town of Oberlin, Ohio, for 135 years, apprehended a shoplifter (who was not a Norwegian, BTW) who was a student at Oberlin College. Oberlin is a hotbead of leftism. A huge crowd of students, egged on and paid for by the college, immediately descended on Gibson's and the college did everything to support the protests financially and cancel Gibson's.

Gibson sued the college and was awarded $50,000,000. An appeals court just refused to overturn that ruling.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oberli...MorningEditorialReport&mod=djemMER_h

Perhaps this is a good omen for Kyle Rittenhouse.

If Oberlin College goes bankrupt, it will be a good thing for northern Ohio.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Libs want to have their opinion about things, but don't want the other side to have an opposite one. You can't have it both ways. Good to see them have to pay for a change.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not a proponent of law suits in general, but since the libs like to stack the deck,.....Sue away!...Glad to see he won this one.......6 million+ in lawyer fees!....Holly crap!

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Great news for law and order.

NRA Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to see the little guy win and the big guy told to pay up.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not holding my breath to see when/if the turds actually have to pay up.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Not holding my breath to see when/if the turds actually have to pay up.

Oberlin stupidly thought they could run rough shod over Gibson's legal protections as this is a prime example of what the Dims have been getting away with. Their huge problem here is, there is too much evidence of blatant, gross slander and libel they heaped upon the bakery when they decided to go to war with the Gibsons. Now Oberlin keeps doubling down and will triple down pushing this to the next court, loosing even more money while making their own lawyers richer on a lost cause. Biggest problem I see here was the judge who reduced the 33 mil judgment to 25 mil. Gibson's should have sued for more. Rest assured the higher courts, due to the magnitude of harm Oberlin caused the Gibson's, are not going to reverse the decisions of two lower courts. I sincerely hope Oberlin spends a whole lot more of their former students endowments tilting at the legal windmill of their own making. This is pure comedy at this point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The college won't dip into any endowment money to pay fines. Instead, it will raise tuition, encourage student loans, and then encourage students to seek loan forgiveness. The college will never pay a dime of its own money.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Insurance games, everyone pays. No winners.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cvmw
Not a proponent of law suits in general, but since the libs like to stack the deck,.....Sue away!...Glad to see he won this one.......6 million+ in lawyer fees!....Holly crap!

THAT... is it in a nutshell.

Conservatives are "Conservative"... and by their nature... polite. Many are Christians... MANY MANY "turn the other cheek" continiously.

--------------------------------------------------

Man called me a Libertarian the other day...

I told him he was very wrong.

Libertarianism is a Fantasy... Never actually practiced as a form of Government anywhere... The "Golden Rule"... Who's "Golden Rule"???

We started this nation as a Republic... but because that was too damn hard we moved to a Democracy. BOTH are lies now... not in the hearts of old men per se... but by the liars that claim to be either... as OUR "representatives" while doing NOTHING to redress their own maleficence.

We are currently embracing Anarchy as a form of Government in 30% of our cities. I am far closer to an Anarchist than anything else.

I am glad of the Gibson's Bakery lawsuit success.

Bad Anarchy should hurt...

Good Anarchy built this nation.

So be it.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by cvmw

THAT... is it in a nutshell.

Conservatives are "Conservative"... and by their nature... polite. Many are Christians... MANY MANY "turn the other cheek" continiously.

--------------------------------------------------

Man called me a Libertarian the other day...

I told him he was very wrong.

Libertarianism is a Fantasy... Never actually practiced as a form of Government anywhere... The "Golden Rule"... Who's "Golden Rule"???

We started this nation as a Republic... but because that was too damn hard we moved to a Democracy. BOTH are lies now... not in the hearts of old men per se... but by the liars that claim to be either... as OUR "representatives" while doing NOTHING to redress their own maleficence.

We are currently embracing Anarchy as a form of Government in 30% of our cities. I am far closer to an Anarchist than anything else.

I am glad of the Gibson's Bakery lawsuit success.

Bad Anarchy should hurt...

Good Anarchy built this nation.

So be it.

Cash, while joking around busting each other's chops with the fellas at my favorite LGS the other day, they called me a gangster. We all laughed. But, in reality, most of us here would be labeled as outlaws now by the left.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Preach it, brother.

When I lived in NE Ohio, I loathed Oberlin.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If Oberlin College goes bankrupt, it will be a good thing for northern Ohio.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,238
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.