-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen, I have several issues with my computer that are beyond my ability to correct but would be simple for someone with some knowledge. Grandson is only 7, so it will be at least a year before he is ready to take over the IT tasks for me. Is there a good company to call for help? Know they can log in online and do most things and/or that some will come to your home. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What is the malfunction?

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
you can call my son: James Higgs computer repair 605-423-1085 he has been an IT Teck for over 20 years

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Send a PM to Swifty52

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MichiGun
What is the malfunction?

This. There are several qualified members that might help you solve whatever the issue is.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Several issues. There are two different startup scrips (?) and it does not always open in the same one.

EERO vpn box has both 2.4 and 5 options. 5 used to work but no longer shows up??

Had a feather that used to appear in a box on the bottom line. Could select this and highlight portion of a page I wanted to print. Feather no longer shows up.

Need to upgrade RAM memory.

Printer keeps showing as offline, though I have tried several times to fix.

Sure there are a few others too. Know this would be simple for someone who is computer literate but I am not that person. Neighbor is great and a NASA rocket scientist but his experience is all with Apples so my machine is a mystery to him.

Thanks guys.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If your 5ghz is no longer showing up, sounds like your router isnt broadcasting it. It's not the pc. Curious if other devices can see it broadcasting. You can try updating your network drivers on the pc, but I doubt thats it. You would have had to purposely turned off 5ghz support on your driver, I doubt you did that.

I'll just sit here and wait for out resident linux guy to weigh in, it will solve all your problems.

Last edited by killerv; 04/05/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reboot the router. It’s lost it’s marbles. It is more than likely showing the printer offline due to the router issue as it has probably lost its clearance through the router setup since most newer routers and printers have protected setup pairing. Little blue button on the back of router and either one on the printer or in printer network setup.

Last edited by Swifty52; 04/05/22.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Killery and Swifty beat me to it.

I would do a reset rather than a reboot of the router. Only difference is rather than simply off and back on you have a small hole in the back of the router that needs a pin inserted and held for five seconds to reset it. do it will it is 'on'. the hole ill be labeled but if you are like me you need a magnifying glass to read it.

It is a good idea to do it every so often anyway,

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Use the dude that Hunter uses…………

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Reboot the router. It’s lost it’s marbles. It is more than likely showing the printer offline due to the router issue as it has probably lost its clearance through the router setup since most newer routers and printers have protected setup pairing. Little blue button on the back of router and either one on the printer or in printer network setup.

This is a good idea to do periodically isn't it? Seems like I read something about memory filling with logs or something.

The Asus router we used before could automate the reboot. I set it for early in the morning once a week. I'd do a full reset if we ever had issues, but that was seldom necessary. I haven't messed with the new one yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a fan of using that reset button as it restores to factory defaults. Hate setting up everything inside the router again. Rebooting by simply unplugging then plugging back in 3-5 secs later, or like mine I just log into it hit reboot and wait. Reset is the last option.

Last edited by Swifty52; 04/05/22.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Have pulled the power several times, which reboots the WOW system router and the EERO units. No joy.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.