Hop To
#17140453 04/07/22
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Now that opening day is here I'll just leave this. Enjoy the season everyone

I fish because I love to. Because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful, and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invariably ugly. Because of all the television commercials, cocktail parties, and assorted social posturing I thus escape. Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion. Because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed, or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility, and endless patience. Because I suspect that men are going this way for the last time and I for one don't want to waste the trip. Because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters. Because in the woods I can find solitude without loneliness. ... And finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun.
Robert Traver

GB2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Dang that was . . . .

WELL SAID!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The old judge sure had a way with words, didn't he?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oregon finally saw the light, and did away with trout seasons. If the ice is off, we can fish year round.

1Minute
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
You can fish here year around also, but some streams have restrictions on them in the winter months, besides with two bird dogs, trapping, bear and deer season, flintlock season and archery season, I would be hard pressed to find time to fish. I'm a dry fly man and summer is when that shines, and our annual trip to the Tallkeetna mountains for ten days of Grayling's and Rainbows account for my summer months

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Sure did

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of my fly fishing mentors put it this way, "Fishing is not more important than you family or your God, but it more important than yard work".

Everyone is pretty on the internet!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To quote Sparse Grey Hackle: "If fishing interferes with your business, give up your business."

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by fishnut
One of my fly fishing mentors put it this way, "Fishing is not more important than you family or your God, but it more important than yard work".

Wise man. Whatever I had on the to-do list before I went fishing will still be waiting for me when I'm done. 😁

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good thread Gents...

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
These are all words of wisdom BUT....... When A fine sexy woman puts on her waders my knees get real weak, When she smiles I forget my landing net and sometimes even my fly rod. I have been know to even forget my fishing license just thinking about her in that bikini, is there any hope for a guy like me??????
Martin LOL

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh my, there is that too. My bestest fishing buddy of all time (present company excluded!) fit that description. She even encouraged sex in the deer blind. Should've married that girl.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 79 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.