-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Although Benchrest silhouette is getting more popular with the older crowd. Same targets @ double the distances.

However, from the standpoint of sanctioned and registrable matches, it's all offhand.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pugs
Yep. Although Benchrest silhouette is getting more popular with the older crowd. Same targets @ double the distances.

However, from the standpoint of sanctioned and registrable matches, it's all offhand.

Never played the bench rest silhouette game , kind of interesting. However I have shot many high power and small bore silhouette matches. It's actually my favorite discipline of the shooting sports but It's always amazing to me when you get new shooters that can really blow and go and talk about how good they can do till the match starts and then after the match it seems like so many of them are never seen or heard from again LOL

Last edited by ldholton; 04/14/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
Originally Posted by roof
Ridgeway is the Mecca for metallic silhouette shooting. I just got back from shooting the rimfire silhouette match yesterday. Very nice facility and worth the 4 Hour Dr. from Maryland.

Nice! That’s good to hear. I honestly am not too sure what to look for as far as what match to sign up for but I’m still reading rules and stuff. All I have to use is a ruger 77 .223 with a SWFA 6x42. They might turn me away when I show up seeing that rig lol.
I frankly can't think of any sports where you'll be competitive with that rig. Go, if you want to check something out. But be prepared to write some checks totaling a couple grand, minimum.

Don't know about there but around here some clubs have what they consider Hunter factory bench rest .Which means it's has to be a factory gun totally factory and no scope no more powerful than 6x that gun would fit right in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
It's actually my favorite discipline of the shooting sports but It's always amazing to me when you get new shooters that can really blow and go and talk about how good they can do till the match starts and then after the match it seems like so many of them are never seen or heard from again LOL

All true but it's also a game you can get better, to a point, with reasonable practice. I'm just an A shooter with an occasional AA match. But other than occasional air rifle practice session I shoot one match a month. Even at that I'm generally shooting much better by the end of the season

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pugs
It's actually my favorite discipline of the shooting sports but It's always amazing to me when you get new shooters that can really blow and go and talk about how good they can do till the match starts and then after the match it seems like so many of them are never seen or heard from again LOL

All true but it's also a game you can get better, to a point, with reasonable practice. I'm just an A shooter with an occasional AA match. But other than occasional air rifle practice session I shoot one match a month. Even at that I'm generally shooting much better by the end of the season

Most definitely a skill you can hone. Definitely a skill you can lose when you don't practice. In a very humbling game. For me personally it's more about making myself happy and doing good and getting better on my own level. A decent AA silhouette shooter is usually the best shot in any hunting camp.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a harder shooting sport than silo shooting? I don't think so.

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
T, never heard of silo shooting. What is it?

Molon Labe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

In my opinion no , though there are some people who are have earned their way into master class in both smallbore & high power fewer in high power, there are very few who actually shoot masterclass scores on a regular basis.

Last edited by ldholton; 04/14/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
T, never heard of silo shooting. What is it?

silhouette

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In my opinion no , though there are some people who are have earned their way into master class in both smallbore & high power fewer in high power, there are very few who actually shoot masterclass scores on a regular basis.

I saw lots of high power across the course shooters that could shoot HM scores very regular if they didn't have to include off hand scores.

Never got the chance to try silhouette but I can see it would be a very demanding sport.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by blindshooter

I saw lots of high power across the course shooters that could shoot HM scores very regular if they didn't have to include off hand scores.

Never got the chance to try silhouette but I can see it would be a very demanding sport.

To be clear the entire course of silhouette is shot off hand..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Depends on the discipline centerfire handgun metallic is laying on your back with apiece of leather on your leg for a rest. Challenging to say the least.

Swifty
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Scullton Rod and Gun has a benchrest centerfire competition as well as some .22 matches almost in our backyard. Maybe not what you're looking for. They have a website.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
tag

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Understood. That's why I think it would be very demanding.

I shot a few fun matches where the whole national match course was shot offhand. Not many showed up.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Had a pretty good match at Atglen Pennsylvania yesterday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice shooting Roof!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Just to clarify. That was my hunter handgun card and I was match winner with that. I was only class winner with my hunter rifle. But it was my best day so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ever shot smallbore silo, Roof?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yes, I should have specified I shoot small bore standard rifle, small bore hunter rifle and small bore hunter handgun. I have not gotten into high power yet.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

325 members (160user, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,643
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.