Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Those powder blue helmets strike the fear of God in any fighting man.

They were pretty active and effective in Croatia back in the 90’s.

That’s been a while.

They also farted around in Africa for whatever good that did.

Um, no. No they were not.

UN in Croatia and the word effective don't go together

Did you follow the chain of events when a British Commander named Rose (I believe?) came on the scene?

All he did was sit on his ass while people did their thing till they were tired and then put political pressure on the left overs. His defense of his tour there was that he remained neutral and challenged zero force. His belief was that "peace keepers are neutral" - well you can be neutral at home if you're not actually doing anything. It literally was sitting around and waiting.

The situation in Bosna improved in spite of Rose, not because of him.

And that has little to nothing to do with Croatia. Croatia kicked off the conflict between the 2 countries by taking over the border checkpoints but then that was it. The war inside Bosna between Bosnian Croats, Bosnian Serbs and Bosniaks was something separate and what Rose was focused on. IMO.

Respectfully, somehow things settled down and the fighting ceased in spite of his presence.

Respectfully - I spent 3 years as a DOD SME on the Balkans. I've been to Croatia, I've been to Bosnia and I speak all 3 languages. I've also worked the mission with members of the Brit Army and Air Force. I've had my work product briefed to the President of the US and I've briefed the head of the Croatian version of their CIA in his own language on the situation in the region. I say that to give my CV for why I say :

The UN was not what most would consider "active and effective" in Croatia. Just because you're in the room, doesn't mean you did anything.

I accept and believe what you’ve said here at full value and sincerely thank you for your service there and elsewhere.

No worries. If there's ever a modern conflict with more BS spewed about it in the west - it's the Balkans. It's so convoluted - most everything written is wrong to a degree.

Me

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
[quote=CharlieFoxtrot]Those powder blue helmets strike the fear of God in any fighting man.

That’s been a while.

Did you follow the chain of events when a British Commander named Rose (I believe?) came on the scene?

All he did was sit on his ass while people did their thing till they were tired and then put political pressure on the left overs. His defense of his tour there was that he remained neutral and challenged zero force. His belief was that "peace keepers are neutral" - well you can be neutral at home if you're not actually doing anything. It literally was sitting around and waiting.

And that has little to nothing to do with Croatia. Croatia kicked off the conflict between the 2 countries by taking over the border checkpoints but then that was it. The war inside Bosna between Bosnian Croats, Bosnian Serbs and Bosniaks was something separate and what Rose was focused on. IMO.

Respectfully - I spent 3 years as a DOD SME on the Balkans. I've been to Croatia, I've been to Bosnia and I speak all 3 languages. I've also worked the mission with members of the Brit Army and Air Force. I've had my work product briefed to the President of the US and I've briefed the head of the Croatian version of their CIA in his own language on the situation in the region. I say that to give my CV for why I say :

The UN was not what most would consider "active and effective" in Croatia. Just because you're in the room, doesn't mean you did anything.

I accept and believe what you’ve said here at full value and sincerely thank you for your service there and elsewhere.

No worries. If there's ever a modern conflict with more BS spewed about it in the west - it's the Balkans. It's so convoluted - most everything written is wrong to a degree.

100’s of years of hate, wars and conquests there .

Hoping your Son keeps his head down in Poland.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
UN is a worthless organization filled with corrupt leaders. They are a joke.
They have a standing army of sorts.

Biden will gladly augment with American troops, you know, for the whole new world order thing.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Peddler

Biden will gladly augment with American troops, you know, for the whole new world order thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Russia pulled that off? No Shtt! How'd they do it?

Better yet what does the U.S. need to do to get kicked out of the UN? Please somebody make that happen.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 4winds

Better yet what does the U.S. need to do to get kicked out of the UN? Please somebody make that happen.

No one said that Russia was kicked out of the UN.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The UN has about as much ass kicking ability as John Kerry.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No one said that Russia was kicked out of the UN.

Hmm, wishful thinking on my part, with the US that is. Don't really GAF about Russia. And I despise the UN.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain

So we're championing the UN now? JFC.....

Without going any further into this thread, yes. In a nutshell.

Go Zalensky.............. The Big Guy needs his cut.

Part n parcel.

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Without going any further into this thread, yes. In a nutshell.

Go Zalensky.............. The Big Guy needs his cut.

Part n parcel.

To your benefit that you don’t go further.

Parcel n part.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
The UN is 100% worthless.

Fugking.

Worthless.

Fact!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Springcove

Fugking.

Worthless.

Fact!!!

X2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

That’s been a while.

Respectfully, somehow things settled down and the fighting ceased in spite of his presence.

I do believe that Teal just delivered the greatest "mic drop" in the history of the CF.

And nary a corksuking commie homoe reference was uttered.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by lvmiker

That’s been a while.

I do believe that Teal just delivered the greatest "mic drop" in the history of the CF.

mike r

Yes he did.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That’s been a while.

mike r

lol

Without a doubt.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That’s been a while.

mike r

Yep... Houston got his azz handed to him and I think it's damn funny.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

May Trump and Putin and Xi take the UN out.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

May Trump and Putin and Xi take the UN out.

May be the dumbest this ever printed...

Fighting the NWO for the GWO...

Ffs

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Fugking.

Worthless.

Fact!!!

X2

X3.
No, worse than worthless. They push the Bolshevik NWO agenda and are traitorus sellouts and need hung.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Fugking.

Worthless.

Fact!!!

X2

X3.
No, worse than worthless. They push the Bolshevik NWO agenda and are traitorus sellouts and need hung.

AMEN

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 22 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.