Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Maybe its because my mother is a nurse. Maybe its because 2 of my Aunts are nurses. Maybe its because 2 of my 3 daughters are nurses. Maybe its because my wife is a nurse. Maybe its because a nurse was the only person in the whole damn hospital who didnt feed me a line of corporate bullchit when my father was dying from lung cancer.

She made an error and someone died. She reported herself. Now shes looking at prision.

Meanwhile the jigaboos are stacking up bodies like cordwood with impunity.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/03/25/verdict-reached-homicide-trial-ex-nurses-medication-error/

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
She was negligent and it led to someone's death. Now she's paying the price for it. Someone lost there mother, grandmother, aunt, etc... What am I missing here?

rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostsniper
She was negligent and it led to someone's death. Now she's paying the price for it. Someone lost there mother, grandmother, aunt, etc... What am I missing here?

What do you do for a living?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drs. kill thousands with prescriptions and are "guiltless". Why aren't the nurses?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rlott
Maybe its because my mother is a nurse. Maybe its because 2 of my Aunts are nurses. Maybe its because 2 of my 3 daughters are nurses. Maybe its because my wife is a nurse. Maybe its because a nurse was the only person in the whole damn hospital who didnt feed me a line of corporate bullchit when my father was dying from lung cancer.

She made an error and someone died. She reported herself. Now shes looking at prision.

Meanwhile the jigaboos are stacking up bodies like cordwood with impunity.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/03/25/verdict-reached-homicide-trial-ex-nurses-medication-error/

Yet it's legal for a doctor to kill an unborn child.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In the last ten years I have spent a lot of time in hospitals visiting people I know or knew.... Some were at "end of life" and EVERY nurse I saw was glued to their cell phone trying to keep up with their social media accounts in between patients. Their job of taking care of people was really cutting into their social time on the phone or social media etc..... And I witnessed it at Mercy hospital, Allegheny General, Presbyterian hospital and Jefferson hospital.

So I guess the question in this particular case is, did she make an honest mistake? OR was she distracted by her social media accounts which would make her negligent because she neglected her duties as a nurse because she was on her F*ucking phone???

Last edited by bobinpa; 04/08/22.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

I work in a field where a mistake could cause someone their life and me a lawsuit or jail. If I were a nurse, I'd damn sure try not to be willy nilly with giving people life saving/taking drugs. I personally don't believe in punishing accidents with jail time because jail is supposed to be about reform. How do you reform a person that didn't have ill will? But my thoughts don't matter, the law does and that's what we play by.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This story was all over the Nashville TV news during her trial. I have somewhat mixed feelings about the outcome. She admitted to becoming distracted, and making a mistake, something that just cannot happen in her line of work. On the other hand, when a doctor screws up, and it happens, they don't go to jail, their insurance bails them out. I believe she should be given probation and not allowed to work as a nurse ever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last I checked medical malpractice killed over 250,000 people a year in the USA .
I wonder how many of those were charged with murder?
We wouldn't have many doctors if they did.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve got 2 dumb ass cousins who are RN’s.
Neither could poor piss out of a boot with directions on the bottom.
Ono of them called our 80 year old Grandmother to ask if her kids boo boo needed a bandaid. 🤪

Nurses that were too busy to check on my Mother during their “shift change” caused her death.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/08/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We all make mistakes. In the medical field, unfortunately, it can cost a life. At least she fessed up to the mistake. I give her that.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Hes perfek.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ve got 2 dumb ass cousins who are RN’s.
Neither could poor piss out of a boot with directions on the bottom.
Ono of them called our 80 year old Grandmother to ask if her kids boo boo needed a bandaid. 🤪

Nurses that were too busy to check on my Mother during their “shift change” caused her death.

I’m sorry about your mom. However, that isn’t what caused her death.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
We have a couple hospitals in town.
One is good. The other isnt.
20 yrs ago it was the other way.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bobinpa
In the last ten years I have spent a lot of time in hospitals visiting people I know or knew.... Some were at "end of life" and EVERY nurse I saw was glued to their cell phone trying to keep up with their social media accounts in between patients. Their job of taking care of people was really cutting into their social time on the phone or social media etc..... And I witnessed it at Mercy hospital, Allegheny General, Presbyterian hospital and Jefferson hospital.

So I guess the question in this particular case is, did she make an honest mistake? OR was she distracted by her social media accounts which would make her negligent because she neglected her duties as a nurse because she was on her F*ucking phone???

We almost lost our firstborn because of a nurse that was out in the hall on her cellphone for hours while I was alone in the room with my wife pushing. I went out and told her something was wrong that the decelerations looked late. She told me I worried too much because I used to be a nurse abs that I didn't know how to read the monitor.

Finally the Dr came in and saw tr monitor and got the vacuum thing out and after several tries git him out. The Dr was then pulling the cord out and gasped and then said we need to have a moment of silence because it's a miracle this baby lived. He had a tight true knot in his cord.

I was so pissed at that nurse. She was in the hall on her phone the whole time. The last time I worked as a nurse was 2005 and I never took my phone with me into work.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IME nurses aren’t any more impressive than most.

Fat as fuggh, tatted to the max and most smoke.

The average Olive Garden waitstaff could give better care when trained

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
IME nurses aren’t any more impressive than most.

Fat as fuggh, tatted to the max and most smoke.

The average Olive Garden waitstaff could give better care when trained

And I hope one of them is tasked with your "end of life care".... lol
I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to make you.... "comfortable".
LOL

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I went to class with a bunch of them. My study partner could look after me anytime. The rest I want nowhere near me, anytime. My sister is a nurse, keep that gal away from me when I am sick or hurt. There are good ones. They are like good blacks. Few and far between. Same as truck drivers, carpenters, fast food workers, and most other occupations. This country celebrates mediocracy and incompetence. So we have tons of it. Everywhere.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There are few more dangerous situations than being a patient in a hospital.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bobinpa

My brother is an RN and here in corpus nurses are not allowed to be on their phones during working hours unless it's some type of emergency.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (300jimmy, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.