Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only $6300++/month!! WHATTA deal....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Is that stucco or T-111?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Thats actually cheap compared to land out west

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!

Y'all need to accept the fact that you lost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prices are going up everywhere.

Nice chunk of land.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
That’s only $5k and acre not counting the house and improvements.
Pretty darn good deal for these parts.
If only……..

D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Is that stucco or T-111?

Stucco. This is not a framed house. These are formed 10" concrete walls with insulation on both sides. I can't speak more to it as I don't know construction. The owner selling the home built the house himself and was a contractor. He can answer any questions about the construction of the home. I know many of you scoff at the price. In the area where our primary residence is, housing prices right now are going for $300/sq ft. I can't believe the prices myself.

Last edited by devnull; 04/09/22.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Over priced for a house built in those times. But the property is beautiful.

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.

Last edited by tzone; 04/09/22.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tzone

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.

Last edited by devnull; 04/09/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by devnull
Is that stucco or T-111?

Stucco. This is not a framed house. These are formed 10" concrete walls with insulation on both sides. I can't speak more to it as I don't know construction. The owner selling the home built the house himself and was a contractor. He can answer any questions about the construction of the home. I know many of you scoff at the price. In the area where our primary residence is, housing prices right now are going for $300/sq ft. I can't believe the prices myself.

$300/sq ft and up is common in high demand areas now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.

Actually, I believe NY-NJ-MA-MD-IL-CA squirters will determine its value.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by IZH27

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

That's right. Things are a little different down here now. way back then yall had all the industry and enough food to last it through. If that same war happened today, with the same states participating in it, you bastards would be drinking sweet tea in new yorrk [bleep] within 6 months.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Really? You think Biden/Obama et al is WINNING?

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Is that stucco or T-111?

$300/sq ft and up is common in high demand areas now.

$300/sqft in Colorado buys you fixer upper starter home in CO. New homes here are now $500+ and premier areas like the mountains and ski hills, $800 is not unheard of. It's insane. $1.3 Million would get a nice home in the suburbs here. Typical 4 bed, 2 car garage and landscaped back yard. That piece of property is gorgeous, the house...not so much. If done right 10" CMU makes for an extremely strong building.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It isn't in a HOA, so many cucks here will not like it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Only thing I can say is to buy more land than you
think you need as a buffer zone between any
neighbors. A few hundred yards looks like a lot
at first, but gets shorter quicker than you'd think.
Also, people moving from the suburbs will talk
louder than you'd think they would all the time
and wear out the roads

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/

You can't own land in Tennessee and have all ya teeth!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 56 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,347
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.