Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
I have siblings spread out across the country. We all get along, but really only see each other on major holidays or funerals now. Mostly communicate via phone/text anymore. Or social media, which I don’t use.

One sibling, for some reason or another seems to have a chip on their shoulder. Hard to explain, but when visiting, there’s an awkward attitude, nothing rude or anything, but it’s obvious this person has an unknown conflict with the rest of us. Jealously, resentment, holding a grudge? I don’t know.

Other than that, I’m glad we all still get along. We’ll see after mom and dad are gone.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I gotta pair of BILs I'd happily drive the damn bus over!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Heck no! I’m the oldest and I set the tone. We are a close group and gonna stay that way.

Amen oldest brother! I’m the oldest here and I feel the same way….I run this sibling show so they’d better fall in line or deal with me. They’ve been dealing with me their entire lives and considering that they’ve never seen me lose they know that resistance is futile. 😁

Awesome, I love it! By now, I suspect they appreciate our leadership. The only person allowed to mess with my siblings is me. laugh That said, I look out for them every way I can. I absolutely love my nieces and nephews too!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
None.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Anyone else?

id you don't have a couple of those, then you aren't paying attention, or someone is really getting taken advantage of.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm good with my siblings. Some of the best friends I have...but I have a couple aunts and uncles I would not miss..

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PineTop
I gotta pair of BILs I'd happily drive the damn bus over!

I like the hell out of my BIL. It’s his wife I can’t stand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Two sisters and a brother, plus a 2nd cousin who’s my other brother. All family, all close. Seven nephews I’m especially close to. Most nephews are still up in NY State but as they are getting through their 20’s the diaspora is beginning. Florida and Utah so far.

I wish my son and granddaughter had brothers and sisters because family can add so much as you go through life. Didn’t happen tho.

One BinL is a d*ck, left my sister and her three sons when he got another woman pregnant. Those three sons rallied around her like musk ox protecting their young.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Love my little sis. Wish I had my brother back, Got one goofy BIL but I don't wish him any harm. Glad to have the rest.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A sister that says her family is dead to her. I have not seen or had contact with her in over 25 years. Getting hit by a bus would be to good given the harm she caused my mother, a sister and my family.

A couple of nephews that sponge money from all family members. We have a nice IOU from the one that we should frame and put it up in a place where he sees it when comes over uninvited to family gatherings.

We went invitational on family gatherings when we started noticing stuff missing (frozen food - meat, utensils, money once) after everyone left. Not definitely sure who but dropping a few people seemed to have the problems go away.

Majority are good and I wish we saw them more often.

Hugh
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have 7 siblings. Very close with all of them, see several of them often, text or call all of them fairly regularly. One brother can be trying however.

Very close with all my nieces, nephews, and in laws too. Except one BIL. He is a POS.

There is one in every crowd

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bus my be a little much but my bipolar sister is on a rampage right now. Got a divorce about 2 years ago and is now dating a guy who was arrested in 2020 for two counts of aggravated assault, kidnapping, tampering with 911 call, and criminal trespass, was thrown in jail last week for failing his piss test and violating probation. Of course none of this was his fault.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone else?

How ya' doing brother?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
At about 13[me], I would have happily pushed my oldest brother in front of a bus.
All good nowadays.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The look on my older brother's face when he wasn't taller than me. He feared retribution for a bit. All good now.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Turn 59 in june.
Aint seen my younger brother since I was 19 and left Maine.
Wouldnt even recognize him if he walked past me in a aisle at walmart.

He was daddies boy anyways.
Exempt from free child labor for the most part versus me...

Did my version of the head dunker/ water boarding his azz repeatedly to him when he was 4 and I was 5 in the wading pool.
Geuss he musta ticked me off.
Todd never did like swimming growing up...
Maybe it was a early memory fugging with his mind.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have 4 siblings, 4 sisters and one brother we all get along great!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
None.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Anyone else?

How ya' doing brother?

Bad day yesterday. I’m back to just wishing I never had to see them again.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Anyone else?

How ya' doing brother?

Bad day yesterday. I’m back to just wishing I never had to see them again.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.