Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Come on. We've ALL done it. What's your best redneck ingenuity? Video isn't mine, but I've done this one:

Just don't stand in front of it!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Watched some dudes here in town at a tire shop do that with propane on a tractor tire. First they heaped GLOBS of axel grease all inside the bead.

Hit it with a torch and B O O M !!

when that bead seated, them dudes had hunks of grease the size of pork chops in there hair and beards. 😐😐🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that's Redneck ingenuity,
you so t seen nothing yet.

That's standard procedure in any tire shop that mounts truck or implement tires.
Now days, the fancy places have a Cheetah.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Watched some dudes here in town at a tire shop do that with propane on a tractor tire. First they heaped GLOBS of axel grease all inside the bead.

Hit it with a torch and B O O M !!

when that bead seated, them dudes had hunks of grease the size of pork chops in there hair and beards. 😐😐🤣🤣🤣

laffin’
I can picture that!
grin

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Hahahaha Does it work?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
So
I bought a nice 16 ft Lund up by Detroit 10 hrs from home one time. Went to get it mid December drove up stopped about 5 hours from home so she could Christmas shop the next day(Saturday) woke up to snow cold and wind. We got up drove 2 more hours to outside of Chicago decided what hotel to stop at and just as i pulled up to stoplight i felt a slight bam. Figured someone rear ended me with slick roads but,,,,, no cars in sight. So i pulled up to hotel and something didn’t look right. And after investigating the bam was the right side leaf spring broke. here i am Saturday afternoon 3 hours from home nothing open. Unhooked the boat went dropped her off, proceeded to N_____ rig it.
Bought a leaf spring but the bolts were all froze(imagine that) so i bought a 4x4 and a 2x4 and a hand saw. Cut the 4x4 to fit between the frame and spring, shaved a little piece off 2x4 to wedge in, ratchet strapped the axle to the cross ember pulling broke sping back together then ratchet strapped the spring 4x4 to the frame. Told her if i get around the block and it doesn’t come apart we heading home. And 4 hours later i pulled into driveway

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Years ago I knew a fellow who deer hunted with an old rusty 12 gauge single-shot using slugs. He had taken J-B Weld and formed a rear sight. He used a triangle file to fine tune a groove in it to get it to shoot slugs to point of aim. I took him to the club range when I went to check that my rifle was still sighed in and he let me shoot 2-3 slugs though his shotgun at a 100 yard target. I was amazed how well it shot.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'd hire this guy in a second. He's ready to go to work.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That's standard procedure in any tire shop that mounts truck or implement tires.

Yep.

That's not redneck. That's been the way you inflate stubborn tires since they came out with tubeless tires. I took a job in a shop mounting tires in 1986 and that's one of the first things the old timers taught me. Squirt ether in it then stand back a few feet and toss a lit match at it.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Working night shift on a very cold winter night and was parked in a used car lot “observing traffic” when an old beater pulled up to the stop sign and died. The driver got out, opened the trunk and pulled out a battery charger and an extension cord. He walked over to the car lot’s portable sign, unplugged it, plugged in his battery charger then hooked it to his battery and started the car. He closed the hood, plugged the sign back in, threw everything back in the trunk and drove away.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

.... like tears in the rain
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Aqua Net for the win....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ether to seat tires? Shoot, I think I was 14 the first time I done that.
Had a Beagle who got into a porcupine once. The Old Man knocked her out with ether on a rag and pulled the quills.
We filled my buddies swimming pool using a dump truck lined with a big blue tarp outta the creek. Had a pump on the tailgate of a pickup. Backed the dump truck and the pickup up to the creek connected the hoses, and fired up the pump. Reversed the process at the pool.
Built a “Beer, Bait & Ammo Buggy” by welding bicycle front forks on a steel refrigerator body.
You could haul two big coolers of beer, lanterns, rods, and tackle boxes for fishing in the Potomac River on the Tow path of the C&O Canal. ( if you’re gonna do this, add some gussets inside the body, or stay off steep banks) eek

7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Starting fluid and a match, seat atv tires in the woods. Don't ask how I know.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pop volunteered to mow the Church greave yard. He hated the flowers that blew out of the little urns beside the tombstones, took a long time to pick up before he could mow.

When Mon passed away, he took the roll of high dollar stainless steel wire I gave him to make snares with and wired her flowers in so they would not blow out...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fubarski
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

That's not Redneck, that's just stupid.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Have used acetylene, just don't use too much,

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.