Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
Thanks for the reply my friend.

I shall take your advice for sure sir.

Yah, there's been a couple instances which I know locally where the feds have been jerking around nurses - which we so badly need here in the south Okanagan it's a joke... but no, we'll just jerk around nurses who have training which is equivalent or greater than needed here.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You have a great day too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Yes, I understood your initial intent.

I was merely pointing out that;

1: Just because someone emigrates to Canada, it does not automatically entitle them to vote.

2: Not all Immigrants are a burden to their new Country !

I never said "immigrants are a burden to their new Country".
I don't think you did understand my original intent, but carry on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Immigrants should have to be here for at least 5 years before they should be eligible to vote, they should also be tax paying individual or family, working, not living off the system.

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by 673
Immigrants should have to be here for at least 5 years before they should be eligible to vote, they should also be tax paying individual or family, working, not living off the system.

wink

Yes, that is correct.
I just saw a study where they showed the % of newcomers without jobs several year after arriving. A much higher % than what should be expected in mine and other Canadians views.

I know many thousands of people who live here, pay no taxes, don't work, have no intention of working, are a constant drain on the system, and have been here for thousands of years, and they can vote.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They shouldn't vote either.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Did they tell you when you would be eligible to vote, or do you have to take out citizenship?

Originally Posted by New 2 99s
Yes, you must be a Citizen.

We did all the paperwork & sent off our money, 10 years ago, applying for Citizenship.

The file sat on somebodies desk, for more than 3 weeks, before being opened.

When opened, 1 photograph in the whole file was "stale dated" by 2 days.

They returned the file to us !

We did it at that time, because our oldest (Caroline) was 17. If we became Citizens then, the kids wouldn't have had to sit the test.

It took Deb over a month to compile the requirements for that application process !

We will do it again, when we have time !

WRT your application, that's a shame, but not a surprise.

Civil servants work in a predictable manner. Processing paperwork is never ending, so they go about it in a similar way, day in and day out. Translators only translate so many pages of documents a day. Paper pushers complete a predictable number of documents daily as well. Because it never stops, it ceases to be personal. I suppose it is difficult to get excited about monotonous work. To them, your citizenship application was just another bunch of paper occupying their in basket. frown
---

It isn't cheap to run for party leader. The link at the bottom explains more.

From CTV News.

OTTAWA - At least eight candidates have crossed the first threshold to having their names appear on the final ballot of the Conservative Party of Canada leadership race.

British Columbia MP Marc Dalton was the latest to make Tuesday's deadline by submitting a $50,000 registration fee and completed questionnaire, along with meeting other requirements set by the party.

Dalton, whose campaign promises include holding an inquiry into Ottawa's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, joins former MP and Conservative deputy leader Leona Alleslev and MP Scott Aitchison in making the cutoff.

Others who have met the deadline include Brampton, Ont., Mayor Patrick Brown and independent Ontario MPP Roman Baber.

Party executive director Wayne Benson said Tuesday he anticipates some packages will be received that will need to be reviewed, so no additional announcements would be made until those reviews are completed.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fir...p-race-10-days-until-final-one-1.5867336

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Steve continues to use Trudeau's left wing communist news sites to support his views. Have you reported anymore Christians to the LDP for not getting the experimental vax Stevey?

Once again you demonstrate what a dangerous weak untrustworthy Trudeau clown you are

Did they tell you when you would be eligible to vote, or do you have to take out citizenship?

Originally Posted by New 2 99s
Yes, you must be a Citizen.

We did all the paperwork & sent off our money, 10 years ago, applying for Citizenship.

The file sat on somebodies desk, for more than 3 weeks, before being opened.

When opened, 1 photograph in the whole file was "stale dated" by 2 days.

They returned the file to us !

We did it at that time, because our oldest (Caroline) was 17. If we became Citizens then, the kids wouldn't have had to sit the test.

It took Deb over a month to compile the requirements for that application process !

We will do it again, when we have time !

WRT your application, that's a shame, but not a surprise.

Civil servants work in a predictable manner. Processing paperwork is never ending, so they go about it in a similar way, day in and day out. Translators translate so many pages of documents a day. Paper pushers complete a predictable number of documents daily as well. Because it never stops, it ceases to be personal. I suppose it is difficult to get excited about monotonous work. To them, your citizenship application was just another bunch of paper occupying their in basket. frown
---

It isn't cheap to run for party leader. The link at the bottom explains more.

From CTV News.

OTTAWA - At least eight candidates have crossed the first threshold to having their names appear on the final ballot of the Conservative Party of Canada leadership race.

British Columbia MP Marc Dalton was the latest to make Tuesday's deadline by submitting a $50,000 registration fee and completed questionnaire, along with meeting other requirements set by the party.

Dalton, whose campaign promises include holding an inquiry into Ottawa's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, joins former MP and Conservative deputy leader Leona Alleslev and MP Scott Aitchison in making the cutoff.

Others who have met the deadline include Brampton, Ont., Mayor Patrick Brown and independent Ontario MPP Roman Baber.

Party executive director Wayne Benson said Tuesday he anticipates some packages will be received that will need to be reviewed, so no additional announcements would be made until those reviews are completed.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fir...p-race-10-days-until-final-one-1.5867336

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Yes, that is correct.
I just saw a study where they showed the % of newcomers without jobs several year after arriving. A much higher % than what should be expected in mine and other Canadians views.

I know many thousands of people who live here, pay no taxes, don't work, have no intention of working, are a constant drain on the system, and have been here for thousands of years, and they can vote.
Indians?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I defence of Steve.
There are are agitators that opine constantly about the politics of Canada, and make it beyond , rude, insulting and childish.
When you are so invested in your opinion, that your blinded to a man's good qualities and vilify him at every opportunity- it is you that is lost and uncertain.
Why? Trudeau and his cronies have awful public policy, often as knee jerk decisions and is no friend of rural Canada. Unfortunately, he is struck by the same hammer that formed his father, who was even more sinister and divisive.
Canada has had worse the Justin and there is always something good that comes from bad.
Now, we need a bilingual, right of center canadate that offers a change in direction, fiscal responsibility and frankly, is supported by the west, the north and Quebec.
Let's go forward, dump the overused rhetoric of the past( it will make you crazy anyways)
What I mean is zip it, unless you can explain yourself without losing your dignity.
Mother Theresa said" I choose to be for something rather than against "
Anyways, God Bless all of you.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by comerade
I defence of Steve.
There are are agitators that opine constantly about the politics of Canada, and make it beyond , rude, insulting and childish.
When you are so invested in your opinion, that your blinded to a man's good qualities and vilify him at every opportunity- it is you that is lost and uncertain.
Why? Trudeau and his cronies have awful public policy, often as knee jerk decisions and is no friend of rural Canada. Unfortunately, he is struck by the same hammer that formed his father, who was even more sinister and divisive.
Canada has had worse the Justin and there is always something good that comes from bad.
Now, we need a bilingual, right of center canadate that offers a change in direction, fiscal responsibility and frankly, is supported by the west, the north and Quebec.
Let's go forward, dump the overused rhetoric of the past( it will make you crazy anyways)
What I mean is zip it, unless you can explain yourself without losing your dignity.

Never break up a barfight.........Confucious. smile

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I defence of Steve.
When you are so invested in your opinion, that your blinded to a man's good qualities and vilify him at every opportunity- it is you that is lost and uncertain...

Good morning. I appreciate your kind words. As you can tell from reading his posts, ribka has problems. I put him on ignore a while ago.
---

The leadership candidates have until 29 April to pay the balance of the $300,000. After that, the nominations are closed. I posted this already, but it explains what has happened to date. Who has declared their intension to run for leader, etc. https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fir...p-race-10-days-until-final-one-1.5867336

For general CPC news - https://www.conservative.ca/news/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I defence of Steve.
When you are so invested in your opinion, that your blinded to a man's good qualities and vilify him at every opportunity- it is you that is lost and uncertain...

Good morning. I appreciate your kind words. As you can tell from reading his posts, ribka has problems. I put him on ignore a while ago.
---

The leadership candidates have until 29 April to pay the balance of the $300,000. After that, the nominations are closed. I posted this already, but it explains what has happened to date. Who has declared their intension to run for leader, etc. https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fir...p-race-10-days-until-final-one-1.5867336

For general CPC news - https://www.conservative.ca/news/

You should win an Oscar for playing the poor victim. Donate any money yet to the innocent people arrested and held in prison by Trudeau yet Steve?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I defence of Steve.

So celebrating the arrest and inprisonment of innocent Canadians s a good quality? That was pretty funny when churches were closed and burned down and the Canadian govt dd not other than Trudeau came out and he could understand why they burned down churches. And lb Canadian politicians came out in twitter and stated they supported burnt down christian churches.

You must be kidding, especially for someone who claims to be a christian lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What the **** does that have to do with Conservative leadership any way.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2

Maybe nothing but its pretty hard to have any sympathy for Steve. He made his bed let him lie in it . Earned any crap that he gets

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Lorne

Maybe nothing but its pretty hard to have any sympathy for Steve. He made his bed let him lie in it . Earned any crap that he gets

That's the beauty of the ignore button. I just don't care. It's that simple. laugh I will stick to the topic.

Here's something to get some folks blood boiling. Tom Mulcair's write up about Poilievre

Tom Mulcair: Why Pierre Poilievre has a double advantage

Pierre Poilievre knows how to laugh. I heard it myself.

On Monday Poilievre was asked to react to Jean Charest’s “attack,” calling him a career politician with no real life experience. Poilievre let out a belly laugh and simply remarked that Charest was elected to Parliament in…1984!

Charest may have lots of skills today but he didn’t have two lines on his CV when he was first elected. For him to be calling Poilievre a career politician was indeed laughable.

The race to become the sixth Conservative leader in seven years is shaping up to be a lot more fun than the previous races that produced Scheer and O’Toole as cannon fodder for Trudeau’s Liberals.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tom-mulcair-why-pierre-poilievre-has-a-double-advantage-1.5832687

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Lorne

That's the beauty of the ignore button. I just don't care. It's that simple. laugh I will stick to the topic.

The topic being Redgwell is a turd.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You, too, missed the title of the thread.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You, too, missed the title of the thread.

No worries. They only post to stir the pot. Most use their other accounts so they can talk to themselves. "Ignore" is a wonderful feature. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[/quote]

Exactly^^^^^
I didn't see any sympathy for the people Steve bullied,,, where was the outrage then?

Last edited by 673; 04/22/22.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.