Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17153605 04/11/22
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Any thoughts on how well this holds to multiple loadings? Not much as far as reviews go that I've seen.

General consensus is it appears to be pretty consistent and "well polished.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have heard it is very good. I plan on using some when I need more brass

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
It was the only brand brass I used in my 300 Blackout, and I never had any problems with it. Never lost a case to splits or loose pockets, and some of it had been loaded 5-ish times.

I've used it in 308 Win as well, but haven't loaded any of them enough times to really know what the case life is yet. I'm only on my 2nd loading with those since I don't shoot the 308 much.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by zcm82
It was the only brand brass I used in my 300 Blackout, and I never had any problems with it. Never lost a case to splits or loose pockets, and some of it had been loaded 5-ish times.

I've used it in 308 Win as well, but haven't loaded any of them enough times to really know what the case life is yet. I'm only on my 2nd loading with those since I don't shoot the 308 much.

Speed a little time, learning how to treat the brass.. and one can get a fair amount of shots out of one..

Like don't push it to max pressures... back off a little on the powder scale for starters, where the pressure is in the 40 to 45,000th PSI range..
neck size and then bump the shoulder back when the body of the case needs it to chamber...
anneal necks either every reload or every other reload...

I've loaded 22.250 cases, 243 case etc... 50 times plus...

have even had some poor quality brass I've loaded 20 times before neck splits start occurring. .. PMC...

Experimented with 223 brass.. 10 rounds of Remington range pick up, from the Oregon State Police left laying around...
using a Blue Dot load, with 55 grain FMJ, in a Bolt action rifle.. ( 12.5 grains of B/Dot)... loaded that brass 100 times, after seeing on a Lapua web site, that they load brass 300 plus times, testing factory ammo and rifle barrels...

neck sized each Reload, annealed every 4th reload, needed to bump the shoulder back about every 8th to 10th reload...Pressure in the 40-45.000th range...

Load those cases 100 times... since then, they have been reloaded about 15+ more times... so now 115 reloads on them with same load...

something to do on long rainy Oregon winters, when making a trip to the range is a soggy experience...so just go down the road to Forest Land, and pop off 10 shots at a tree for a back stop, and back to the house... 1000 shots into that fair size pine tree used as a back stop ended up cutting the tree down, when a wind storm blew up one night.

I wasn't worried about that.. not like they didn't have a billion more of them just standing around....:)

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I generally don't load anything very hot, my shoulders and neck don't appreciate stiff recoil much.

I also don't screw around neck sizing stuff anymore, I've done it in the past, and it wasn't worth the headache of having cases sometimes get sticky when they needed a full length size. I sold all the neck sizers I had and just went back to FL sizing everything.

I enjoy shooting a LOT more than farting around with loading, so I don't mess around annealing, either. Depends on the chamber, but I typically end up getting anywhere from 6-10 loads on a rifle case, which is good enough for me. I only generally shoot a few housand rounds a year, so I'm not too much of a tight azz on buying brass.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Brass life is an anxiety point for most of us now that supply issues have caused us to take a different view of the components we use. Where once we considered them to be pure consumables, now we seek to extend their life, and save our wallets from a constant begging. I solved the annealing issue by simply building one. Surprisingly easy and its certainly not a new idea. I just watched a bevy of Youtube videos, did a bit of reading, bought what I needed, made changes as I saw fit, and now I can anneal any brass I have, and it doesn't aggravate me when I know it needs to be done.

Below is a link to the one I made...

Homebrew Annealer

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My experience with European brass is it's been very good. I haven't tried any SIG brass but plenty of experience with Norma, Lapua, Sako, RWS and even Privi P. So chances are that SIg will be good too. It's probably made by Norma anyhow lol.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The SIG brass I have is made in the USA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman

The 4 bags I received last week say the same thing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I use it in my 308w and 22-250. Excellent brass. I believe I bought it at Cabela's and have no regrets with it. That was a few years ago and made in USA.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't used any SIG rifle brass, but I've used lots of 9mm, as SIG uses my range for optics torture testing, and they leave quantities of once fired brass on the ground. Sig 9mm brass is great in my opinion.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
They had a lot of brass available on there website at a great price last time I checked.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by murkydismal
Any thoughts on how well this holds to multiple loadings? Not much as far as reviews go that I've seen.

General consensus is it appears to be pretty consistent and "well polished.

I only have 1-3 firings on my Sig brass in 243, 7-08, and a 270. It is consistent and seems to be pretty "strong" brass, but probably not as strong as Lapua. It weighs more than WW brass.

I did anneal the brass when it was new, something I've started doing with all my new brass besides Lapua. At this juncture I would certainly recommend the Sig stuff, considering it to be a cut above the usual brass available today.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have some extra 243 if you guys need some at my cost. I found it to be very good brass, uniform.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The necks of my SIG brass in 243 and 308 are really uniform, and the brass easily assembles into vary straight cartridges.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

Well there you go. I assumed it was European manufactured. Ta,

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Futura
They had a lot of brass available on there website at a great price last time I checked.

That's good to know. I might just go there and order some. Thanks

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread had me curious about Sig Sauer brass, so I went looking...waddaya'll think about this seller;
https://sigsauerrifles.com only accepts payment from zelle (they'll let you know the zelle account to pay by email)...or payment by crypto?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Bought a bag of 50 .30-06 today for a reasonable price at the local SW. Gonna use them to work up a 165 gr. CX load.

I'll be my usual anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive self and weigh them all, etc, and see how they hold up over multiple loadings.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (300jimmy, 10Glocks, 41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 11 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,441
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.