Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They transferred there from Calif Fish & Game.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are more than welcome to move to Wyoming, establish domicile, and make your voice more eminently valuable.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They transferred there from Calif Fish & Game.

LOL! Beat me to it! No words from me regarding Ca DFG, or whatever they call themselves now. Sorry Wyoming.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rickt300
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

Can't comment on there fishing but you've obviously never elk hunted in Montana ive hunted both and Wyoming wins hands down.
Don't blame the fuggin G- bears on Wyoming if you wanna bitch take it up with a bunch of liberal judges and so called conservation groups.
Wyoming and Idaho had a hunting season 2 years ago until some libtard judge stopped it.

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/17/22.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don’t think so Cheyenne. He’s blaming the over population of grizzlies on the state, let him move to DC so he can address the root of the problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hear Texas is the best, you should stay there and not worry about Wyoming.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They have been trying to manage wolves and grizzlies for years but liberal judges from out of state keep blocking the hunting... something that should not be happening, ever.
As far as elk, WY elk herds are healthy and growing and exceed management goals in most areas. So, tell us what the beef with WG&F is... really.
Now, as far as mule deer and antelope: They need to reduce tags moreso and quit killing does for a few years. In this atea they are falling down.
Fish: I can go to any watershed or impoundment and catch good numbers of fish. Many streams are producing large sizes and numbers of trout. Where is the failure? I caught literally hundreds of fish on the fly rod last year.

Last edited by 280Rem1; 04/17/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Funny how NR always bitch about another states game and fish management if there's is so good what the Hell they doing going to another state.
Maybe they should stay home if they don't like it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Stay in Texas.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
IMO - NMDGF ranks right near the bottom, also.
Don't know if a good one exists.
Most are controlled by bunny-huggers and the politicians in their pocket. (The bunny-huggers pocket)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not gonna pick on another state.
PGC has to be near the worst.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My mom was from Texas and I can remember many times Dad shaking his head in amazement saying "you can always tell a Texan...but you damn sure can't tell 'em much!". And something else about them being the stupidest bunch of...well you get the idea.

The op would appear to confirm my dad's theory on Texans.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

That's what I do.

All those weird rules just make me tired.

Do you guys realize that some States have seasons for rabbits? Or that you can't shoot an animal out of your truck? WTF

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Funny how NR always bitch about another states game and fish management if there's is so good what the Hell they doing going to another state.
Maybe they should stay home if they don't like it.

I was a Wyoming resident for 19 years. I saw the WGAF stock Lake Trout in the Flaming Gorge reservoir knowing it would wreck the Brown trout fishery. And it sure as hell did. Now somehow they mistakenly stocked Ling in the same lake. How about current creel limits? 3 trout total! this includes any that you might have in your freezer! It is not like many of the rivers get much pressure and generally tourists don't keep many fish. So either they have terribly managed the fisheries or for some leftist scum reason they don't want you keeping any fish in your freezer. You pick. But on the somewhat bright side you can keep 15 Lake Trout total in possession. Cool the worst tasting trout in existence. Oh and I believe you can keep all the Ling you want. Ain't that special. As for the Grizzly bear, Wyoming has done far more to manage the Grizzly than it has to manage elk same for wolves. They have been neck deep in collusion with the feds making the wolf and Grizzly bear expansion a massive success.Be nice to know how much hunting license money has gone into making the Grizzly bear management programs a success. Say the same for the wolf.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/wildlife-in-wyoming/more-wildlife/large-carnivore/grizzly-bear-management

The wolf management plan

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/con...rnivore/WYWOLF_MANAGEMENT_PLAN_FINAL.pdf

The feed the elk to the wolves plan is a success

https://www.tsln.com/news/wyoming-e...ine-hunting-wolves-identified-as-causes/

Last edited by rickt300; 04/17/22.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

That's what I do.

All those weird rules just make me tired.

Do you guys realize that some States have seasons for rabbits? Or that you can't shoot an animal out of your truck? WTF

Hah! Basstards!

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MickeyD
My mom was from Texas and I can remember many times Dad shaking his head in amazement saying "you can always tell a Texan...but you damn sure can't tell 'em much!". And something else about them being the stupidest bunch of...well you get the idea.

The op would appear to confirm my dad's theory on Texans.

Hey Mickey Mouse, I was born in Idaho. Glad I left as soon as I could. Too many Mormons.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
IMO - NMDGF ranks right near the bottom, also.
Don't know if a good one exists.
Most are controlled by bunny-huggers and the politicians in their pocket. (The bunny-huggers pocket)

Boy that is the truth!

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by McInnis
I don’t think so Cheyenne. He’s blaming the over population of grizzlies on the state, let him move to DC so he can address the root of the problem.

Funny post, the state made every effort to grow as many bears as possible. Even if they open a season on them it will be to auction off tags and make big bucks and not enough tags to make a difference. Pretty sure they will do the same with wolves.

Last edited by rickt300; 04/17/22.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,109
Posts18,464,293
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.