-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He’s right. All you folks thinking about moving somewhere should pick Texas. Way better there.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve always thought Wyoming had pretty darn good wildlife management, but what do I know.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

I see Texas allowed over 250,00 illegal aliens, many violent crimes, pedophiles,fennyl smugglers , to invade the US this year and kill hundreds of American.

Plus all of the public hunting land available in Texas

Dont mess with Texas lol

Last edited by ribka; 04/17/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

You also should look over the fishing regulations.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In many states, the Depts. of Fish and Wildlife are inundated with lawsuits from big money animal rights groups simply as a fundraiser for their Board. This appeases their base and the dollars never quit pouring in. The lawsuits tend to handcuff many department's projects, and can last long enough (liberal judges!) to run into 2 or more fiscal budgets. Try taking the time to follow those (mostly hidden from the press) lawsuits and see.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Backroads
The only strike against WY is that ridiculous rule that requires non-res to employ an outfitter to hunt wilderness.

Our MOGA is desperate to follow suit with outfitter tags though, so no judgement from here.

That law about NR's having to have a guide in Wilderness areas was pushed by the Outfitters and implemented into law by Legislators who are beholden to Ranchers & Outfitters or they're Ranchers & outfitters themselves. Wyoming Game & Fish had nothing to do with it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
In many states, the Depts. of Fish and Wildlife are inundated with lawsuits from big money animal rights groups simply as a fundraiser for their Board. This appeases their base and the dollars never quit pouring in. The lawsuits tend to handcuff many department's projects, and can last long enough (liberal judges!) to run into 2 or more fiscal budgets. Try taking the time to follow those (mostly hidden from the press) lawsuits and see.

Having personally been a victim of over zealous environmental organizations, I know exactly what you are saying. Here in Calif while we were not paying attention, the Sierra Club, one of the worst, packed the State and Federal bench. Any proposal brought forth, logging, agriculture, game management, fire safe power rights of way, grazing, mining, water projects...is immediately stalled by bullschidt lawsuits from the little lawyer minions of the Sierra Club, a lot of them filing the suits pro bono, so they can be seen as enviro warriors at the cocktail parties. In Calif the real tragedy is not the destruction of sustainable game populations, it's just a symptom of the larger man made disaster, caused by the new norm of mega forest fires which are of such a scale as to actually change the climate by sterilizing the soil so the forest cannot regenerate naturally. Urban minds setting policy for rural problems...as Alaskans well know.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.

Funny thing is you think I am knocking Wyoming which is not true, I love that state. Too bad it is so poorly managed. Why are sheep allowed to destroy the sage over practically the entire west side of the state? Why is it you won't stand up for yourselves and stop what appears to be a gangster run WGAF? This may sound funny to you but Texas takes way better care of itself, the game and fish populations than Wyoming does. Why is that? Stating fact is not the same as telling you what to do about it either. The fact is since 1993 or 4 the WGAF has done nothing positive for the state.

Enjoy Texas. Wyoming is not your problem any more

Sure but I can see you could care less that your WGAF is a mess.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by wytex
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

You also should look over the fishing regulations.

Here you go WyTex see for yourself. Pitiful isn't it compared to Texas.

https://www.eregulations.com/wyoming/fishing/statewide-creel-limits

As for elk numbers being at an all time high.....

https://www.tsln.com/news/wyoming-e...ine-hunting-wolves-identified-as-causes/

Last edited by rickt300; 04/18/22.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iowa does a great job of managing fish and game. However, we are at an advantage (disadvantage). We don't have grizzly bears, elk, wolves, buffalo or even wild trout, of any kind. I guess when the numbers are limited it's hard to screw it up. But, like you all, we do have some bunny huggers, but not many. Apparently, you guys got the all the rest of them. laugh

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Rickt300,
So you don't like Wyoming. You think Texas is great. We get it, but who gives schit what you think?
Go away and gfy

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not hard to manage elk in Texas when you have year around hunting and unlimited over the counter tags thats genius management! Same with wolves and G- bears when you dont have any.
Still trying to figure out why you give a fugg anyway.

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/18/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank God we live in a free country, the op is free to remain in Texas where the elk hunting and fishing is far better and less costly.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wyoming elk hunting is horrible, fishing sucks too.

Nothing more funny than a whining Texan.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wyoming cant be all bad. They have Joe Pickett.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn, tough. Crowd up there In Wyoming.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Damn, tough. Crowd up there In Wyoming.

Damn sensitive at least. OP has some type of investment up there and makes a bitch about it. Next thing you know... everyone's out to get them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm not taking sides but I know where they're coming from. On account of all the non-residents who bitch about my state.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm not taking sides but I know where they're coming from. On account of all the non-residents who bitch about my state.

I get it, but what you gotta understand about places like Texas is that we encourage people from other States to visit. Not saying that is good, or bad...just foreign.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I lived in TX twice, nine years total. We left 22 years ago but still have lots of friends down there, Texans are some of the most hospitable people in the world

But nobody likes to be told how to run their business by outsiders.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (358WCF, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 22 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.