-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The bone collector page on T/Cs web site is blank and only accessible via Google search. It is not on the main T/C website under the muzzleloader menu.
Did they stop making them?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thompson Center itself has been discontinued. They exist now in name only. They no longer produce anything and last I heard Smith and Wesson, who owns the T/C name, was selling off the name, having already turned the T/C factory into a production location for other S&W guns.

Unless someone buys the T/C name and starts making gun, it's kaput permanently.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 04/18/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Thompson Center itself has been discontinued. They exist now in name only. They no longer produce anything and last I heard Smith and Wesson, who owns the T/C name, was selling off the name, having already turned the T/C factory into a production location for other S&W guns.

Unless someone buys the T/C name and starts making gun, it's kaput permanently.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TC firearms have not been made since Covid hit in 2020.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Damn i have been looking for one for my son

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 1badf350

I wouldn't recommend a Bone Collector, or any ML with a false muzzle. Doesn't mean that some dont shot ok. My limited experience has been less than stellar, basically they make it so you cant inspect the crown... and the crown is a wee bit important.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reeds Sports on Gungroker has several T/C muzzle loaders available.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=659677&PageSize=25

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnn

I wouldn't recommend a Bone Collector, or any ML with a false muzzle. Doesn't mean that some dont shot ok. My limited experience has been less than stellar, basically they make it so you cant inspect the crown... and the crown is a wee bit important.

I have cut the QLA off of a bunch of tc barrels and all of them have shot better without it. I have a regular triumph and a bonecollector that have been cut to 21” barrels, both shoot great

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
My understanding TC is out of business..

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by johnn

I have cut the QLA off of a bunch of tc barrels and all of them have shot better without it. I have a regular triumph and a bonecollector that have been cut to 21” barrels, both shoot great
My hunting partner and i both have one, mine shoots ok, his was awful. We cut the QLA off and that helps, considering doing mine as well. Just have to redrill the front sight.
Sounds like you had good success removing the QLA, apparently if they are not perfectly concentric the exiting gas throws the bullet off.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Unfortunately S&W shut down the entire T/C brand. I believe the rights to the sidelock muzzleloaders were sold, but as far as I know, none of the T/C guns are being produced. Haven’t heard any plans to resume production 🙁

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a Triumph from their very first shipment of the model.
Couldn't get the thing to shoot to save my behind - 10-12" groups were the norm.

A few members here suggested a bad QLA and that's exactly what TC told me when they got it back.
TC sent me a new ML and this one has been wonderfully accurate.

If I were on the lookout for one today, I'd not a pay a premium for it on the used market. The only recourse one has today for subpar accuracy is to cut off the QLA (versus sending it to TC) for an exchange.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,651
Posts18,455,483
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.