Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone here with experience? I’m tired of my Cooper M92 280AI with the factory brake, but I enjoy the recoil reduction. I’d gladly take a bit more recoil for reduced concussion and noise. Their 4” Ti has had my attention for over a year now, think it’d be perfect on my rifle if they’d do a .284/.30 with a 1/2-28 thread. My rifle is even cerakoted FDE. I know it wouldn’t be pleasant in the range but it has to be a dramatic difference in the woods compared to the brake. I’d only be adding 2.25” and 3 oz or so once the brake is removed.

Forgot to add that now with E-file out there I’m tempted to just call em up and order one. Hoping the local place that I just did e-file with on a SilencerCo Sparrow will accept it for transfer, but if they won’t I know a local SOT Class 3 too.

Last edited by ChrisAU; 04/18/22.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Burns says they're the best.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Definitely worth calling them, but my understanding is that no one does a 1/2-28 thread suppressor for .30. At least not that I have seen. I read an explanation of it once, but can’t remember it well enough to even paraphrase why they won’t. I am in the same situation as you. My Tikka is threaded 1/2-28 and I would want a direct thread suppressor and not have to use an adapter/brake. I want to get the weight and number of components down.

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
Definitely worth calling them, but my understanding is that no one does a 1/2-28 thread suppressor for .30. At least not that I have seen. I read an explanation of it once, but can’t remember it well enough to even paraphrase why they won’t. I am in the same situation as you. My Tikka is threaded 1/2-28 and I would want a direct thread suppressor and not have to use an adapter/brake. I want to get the weight and number of components down.

I've used my SilencerCo Omega 300 direct threaded on a 1/2-28 threaded 300 PRC with no issue. I have Titanium base caps from Energetic Armament that I swap back and forth on it in both 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 depending on use. It's lighter than the original SilencerCo cap.

https://energeticarms.com/direct-thread-adapters/

Last edited by ChrisAU; 04/19/22.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some suppressors will allow you to do 1/2-28 thread, I know my suppressor will. It would cost me about $100 to buy the direct thread mount for 1/2-28 and a couple seconds to switch out. There isn't much technical info on the Wyoming Arms Suppressors on their web site.

You can also just buy a Barrel Thread Adapter for $15, you'll also need some "rock set" or Loctite and some washers if you want to time it. I'm sure there is a gunsmith that can make an adapter that will give you 5/8-24 threads and make it look like part of your barrel. They could probably coat it to match as well.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Couple of things here to consider. 1) In another 'suppressor' thread here on the 'Fire, John (Burns) of Wyoming Arms provided some info on their cans. Might worth the effort to search for that info. 2) A call to Wyoming arms would be a good idea. Might be that you'll find they use an 'industry standard' thread on the back end of the suppressor, thus permitting the use of either 5/8-24, 1/2-28, or QD mounts. Let us know what you find out.

On a similar note, there are companies out there that make adapters to go from 1/2-28 to 5/8-24. Personally, I'd be a little cautious of these, as they have the potential to 'stack' tolerances, which could end up with a baffle strike and/or a grenaded can.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Their cans are user serviceable, and come in 1/2-28 and 5/8-24, so I'm hoping they'll be able to sell me a 30 cal can with a 1/2-28 direct thread cap. Would be swapping components. I think they actually told me they could when I called a couple years ago when they first came out. Will call them this morning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let us know. Inquiring minds want to know . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
IIRC, the big mystery with their suppressors is, well, how much do they suppress… because they were about the only mfg that wouldn’t tell you. I could be misremembering. Hopefully so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Resonator K is highly rated and available. Not only is it an outstanding, compact can, you don't have to screw around with giving the narcissistic loser Burns or give his company any of your hard earned money.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by turkish
IIRC, the big mystery with their suppressors is, well, how much do they suppress… because they were about the only mfg that wouldn’t tell you. I could be misremembering. Hopefully so.

Yeah I'm not expecting it to be whisper quiet. It boils down to which configuration I want below:

With Cooper brake: 1.5" longer than capped, less recoil, more noise/concussion

Capped: As short as it gets, more recoil, middle ground noise/concussion

4" Baby Suppressor: 2.25" longer than braked, 3.5" longer than capped. Less recoil, less noise/concussion.

I just think for 3 oz and 2.25" of length I'll be happy with the blast and noise reduction over the brake, even if its still pretty loud, and I need some recoil reduction to remain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

I've used my SilencerCo Omega 300 direct threaded on a 1/2-28 threaded 300 PRC with no issue. I have Titanium base caps from Energetic Armament that I swap back and forth on it in both 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 depending on use. It's lighter than the original SilencerCo cap.

Chris - they denote end caps on the site but the page isn't found. Have you played with those per chance?
If someone would offer specific caliber end caps that could be swapped out for the Omega 300, they'd sell a pantload of them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

Chris - they denote end caps on the site but the page isn't found. Have you played with those per chance?
If someone would offer specific caliber end caps that could be swapped out for the Omega 300, they'd sell a pantload of them.

I have a Hansohn end cap for mine:

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/front-caps/hansohn-titanium-front-cap/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a couple of those too but hoping someone would offer them in 6.5 and 6mm too.

WWP53D
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane

I have a couple of those too but hoping someone would offer them in 6.5 and 6mm too.

SilencerCo AC4754 is a 6.5mm front cap that fits the Omega 300:

https://silencerco.com/shop/bravo-front-cap/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beauty - thanks! Hadn't seen that aperture on there before.

Apologies for side-tracking the thread.

WWP53D
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Alright, just got off the phone with them. Very easy to work with. Its ordered. 1/2-28 30 Cal 4 squared Ti. Said it will take them a few days to build it and ship it since its not a normal configuration. Local SOT that does e-files in about 10 minutes accepted it for a small fee which is fine. Now the wait.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alright, just got off the phone with them. Very easy to work with. Its ordered. 1/2-28 30 Cal 4 squared Ti. Said it will take them a few days to build it and ship it since its not a normal configuration. Local SOT that does e-files in about 10 minutes accepted it for a small fee which is fine. Now the wait.

Good deal. When you get it in hand, and have had a chance to shoot it, report (no pun intended) back on your thought.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good thread. I’ll be following along.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
While several people that use suppressors are looking at this thread. What covers do you like? Not only the mirage but I just have one right now and for swapping it around with other rifles. Old pair of leather gloves is working for the swapping but a little red neck….haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (7887mm08, Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.