Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The dates are set September 9, 10 & 11. The weekend after Labor Day.

Summary is below.
Additional details to follow.
Please use this thread to express your interest/attendance, table(s) req'd and PM me any further questions.

The previous Fests held here have been successes on all fronts, excellent turn out and participation of Savage Collector Forum members, enough Savage rifles, pistols, shotguns & memorabilia to boggle the mind and I didn’t break the bank putting it together.
We’ve had great regional turn outs including Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan & Wisconsin, plus Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Carolina, California, Wyoming, Hawaii, Tennessee and I may have missed some.

I’ll book the same venue and hotel as before.
I’ll provide enough tables for all and security for Friday and Saturday nights.
Setup will be Friday morning early followed by kickoff of Savage Fest.
Saturday will be Savage Fest all day including some raffle prizes which we donate and a team photo.
Sunday morning early will be tear down.
I’ll organize meals for all days and as before many have brought food, snacks, soda, etc. and pitched in where they could.
A few volunteers for setting up, tearing down, meal prep and other things will be worked out by then.
Friday & Saturday evenings we'll shoot the breeze.

All Savage Collector Forum members, spouse, kids are welcome. Forum members can bring guests as before as well.
I require a PM to assemble a guest list and get a head count. No walk-ins will be allowed.

This a not for profit event with no admission fee. I’ve relied on donations from attendees to help cover costs and have not been disappointed.
PM me any questions or areas where you may volunteer or help.
If interested and/or think you can make it, feel free to chime in and we’ll make it happen.

As before, I'll reserve table space for any day trippers that bring goods for display also.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What is “Savage Fest”? A show and tell, a swap meet, an enthusiast shoot?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a show and tell..

A slideshow of the 2018 Wisconsin Fest can be viewed here:

https://savagelevers.com/2018-savage-fest-slideshow/

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would attend. I would only need 1 table.

Last edited by KeithNyst; 04/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YEAAAAAA!!!!

Thanks Rick! grin

Rory and I will be there with all the Savage stuff that we can poke in his vehicle. Probably 5 to 7 tables total. Will probable have some of John Wrights memorabilia that is being sold for the family so you might want to bring some extra cash.

I can do badges if you want. Should we put a pistol on it this time?

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish I could come. I didn't get any of John's goodies.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will be there. Will bring Lake Superior fish. 3 tables.

Bruce
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hope to be able to attend, nothing on the calendar at present. Question, from reading about and viewing past photos of earlier gatherings, will this one be basically a social gathering and such or will there be some range shooting?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage94C
Hope to be able to attend, nothing on the calendar at present. Question, from reading about and viewing past photos of earlier gatherings, will this one be basically a social gathering and such or will there be some range shooting?

Well then put Sept. 9 & 10 on your calendar for Savage Fest! smile There, now you're booked. Easy.

The focus for Savage Fest has been an educational and informative show of all things Savage Arms.
In addition to many models and variations of 99 rifles there'll be .22's, pistols, shotguns, military, catalogs, ammo, books, optics, memorabilia and more to view and discuss.
More important than the display pieces themselves will be the attendees combined wealth of knowledge on the above named topics. Savage experts will be present.

The reality of Savage Fest is that these 2 days fly by.
It is particularly busy for the folks that travel and bring items to setup and display on tables and don't have time for much else.
We eat well with with plenty snacks, wild game, gun show BBQ's, Fish fry Friday and pot luck dinner on Saturday.

One change for Savage Fest 2022 will be the venue.
The previous school gym rental had some policy changes as well as fee increases making it not feasible for our purpose.
The good news is the Sportsman's Club I belong to is only 1 mile away and has all the facilities we'll need.
Plus, unlike the school gym rental, buying and selling of items is possible.

If further Savage Fest questions please PM Southern_WI_Savage.

Last edited by Rick99; 05/11/22.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ok, couple of months to go!
I've gotten many responses from Forum Members who plan to attend and/or plan to attend and show some collectibles.
Still plenty of time to PM me if you are interested or have any questions at all. The Opening Post contains most info.

I have some hotel rooms reserved at the Cedarberry Inn/Sauk City as with previous Fests. Either pm me and we'll transfer a room or you can go out on your own with other options. If problem, let me know.
Also, this Savage Fest will be at my local Sportsman's Club that does not have "sales restrictions" as the Rec Center did for past Fests so you can display/sell/walk around if you choose. I plan on some ammo, memorabilia and things that go boom. I will PM you the location/address vs. posting here, it is the internet. smile
Between Rick99 & myself we will have some of cmhjohn's memorabilia, books and more available.
Our author friend Calhoun plans to attend so it's a good opportunity to meet the man, talk some and get a book.
I invited Garnett Stancil who wrote the Savage 101 pistol book. He's excited, he is also 85 and in Alabama and is working on details. Fingers crossed. If he can make it, his book will be available too.
Bailey Brower is in his 90's and doubtful to attend, but I will have plenty of his Savage Pistol books as well as books by James Carr and Daniel Stern, The Savage Automatic Pistol & 10 Shots Quick.
Obviously David Royal is invited, however his new Engraving Book probably will not be available at Savage Fest time so it is iffy if he will attend. We will have some of his books available.

Previous Savage Fests have had a wide variety of Savage Arms collectibles and firearms. 1895's, 1899's, 99's, .22's/many models, shotguns/many models, Savage Pistols, I will have a display of all 1907/15/17 models including deluxe pistols and a proto-type. Memorabilia of all sorts, catalogs, pins, fobs and much more.

Skidrow, bring some of those unpacked boxes you have and we'll raffle them off as mystery Savage items. smile

If you are thinking about attending Savage Fest, do it! none of us are getting any younger....

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick, are the tables 8ft long?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Rick, are the tables 8ft long?
Standard at the Club are 6'.
I'll need to rent some tables too so can be either 6' or 8'. Let me know what you prefer.
We have a large space, but not a gym like last Fests here. 6' give more flexibility in arranging tables etc.
We'll get things set up to maximize the displays etc. It'll turn out nice.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Some of you have previously invited other Savage Collectors who may not frequent this forum.
Be sure to mention Savage Fest 2022 to them again.
Send them here or send them to me and we'll work it out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey Rick-Hope you are doing well. I was really looking forward to attending the 'Fest' as it wasn't that far of a drive for me and hoped to visit long unseen distant relatives not far from the fest in Helenville that I told you about some time back. Like gatherings of this type and looked forward to meeting those in attendance, but a family gathering that required my being present is taking place the weekend of. Thanks to you and all who are working to make the 'Fest' happen. Roger

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ok we're about a month out for Savage Fest 2022!

Most arrangements have been made for another successful event.
I'll figure out lunch on Friday, Fish Fry Friday night, lunch Saturday with snacks and drink in between.
Typically we have a potluck dinner on Saturday night. I am flexible here and ideas and contributions are welcome.
Many attendees bring something to pitch in for a snack or meal. Bruce's smoked salmon and bear brats come to mind. smile
We have a gas grill & stove at the club house. Counter space for crock pots.
Let me know if you have something in this area and I will try to plan it all out.

I've gotten a good number of replies of those who will participate with items to show and also folks who plan to attend.
If you are still thinking about it be sure to let me know so I can add you and/or guests to the list.

If you need a hotel room let me know.
If you have any other questions at all or if you plan to bring food/drink of any kind, let me know.

Mid-day on Saturday we'll have a team photo and door prize drawing. Anyone present can grab a rifle for the team photo and be sure to bring a door prize to donate if you'd like to participate.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Last edited by Southern_WI_Savage; 08/03/22.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rick, is there a range there and can we shoot?

Brian

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by docost99
Rick, is there a range there and can we shoot?
Yes and possibly. grin

I'll be busy inside with Fest.
I hadn't planned on shooting, but a guy could.
Shooter would need to be my guest, sign in, abide by range rules, ect. We can cover that later.
Touch base with me then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick,
I have a friend that collects, lots of Winchesters, but he also as about 20 Savage Levers. He's not a member of 24CH. He expressed interest to me.

PS - message me your email (ref your PM),

Last edited by KeithNyst; 08/14/22.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Rick, I’m going to have to back out. My hunting buddy just booked us a SC pig hunt and I had to put up $500 deposit. That and the 1902 Engraved rifle and the 250A Saddle Gun, 22” barrel in 250 I wanted to show every one, I’m back in my normal state of brokedness.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Rick,
I have a friend that collects, lots of Winchesters, but he also as about 20 Savage Levers. He's not a member of 24CH. He expressed interest to me.

PS - message me your email (ref your PM),
Members, family & friends are welcome. Just provide me names to get on the attendee list.
I'll have some table space...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.