Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
had a good laugh at a flea market this morning when a guy walked by a ammo hoarder and remarked about that guy selling Federal Auto Match for $42.99 a box. Got really good back and forth for awhile. The guy said he hoped the hoarder choked on his ammo and he was going to Wal Mart and buy 2 boxes for what he wanted for his. Scalpers are going to start eat there ammo

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And the primers? Somebody out there has to have a truck load of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
how many rnds of any particular type does it take to be considered a hoarder?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I have my share of components.....hoarder.....nah

Just a smart shopper years ago.....

Primers $150/case shipped

8# jug of powder $160 shipped

Those were the days......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Some habit, some don't.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
maybe hoarder wasent the right classification more like scalper

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A hoarder doesn't sell. A scalper does.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Maybe hoarder wasn't the right classification, more like scalper.

- The surgeon who circumcised me didn't have a scalpel - I was surpised he pulled it off!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Guilty, with 80% of my last purchases prior to 2009 while living in Alberta. The remaining 20% were bought at Black Sheep in north Idaho or just what I owned.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
For the last decade+ I've generally keep enough primers (and rimfire ammo, and reloading components) on hand to not worry whether they'll be insufficient to last my lifetime. Have been doing this since the first "shortage" during the Clinton administration. So guess I am a hoarder--or just prepared.

Have sold a few primers to local friends who apparently don't shoot enough to have noticed the shortages, so always expected to be able to buy 200-300 primers at the local store.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
For the last decade+ I've generally keep enough primers (and rimfire ammo, and reloading components) on hand to not worry whether they'll be insufficient to last my lifetime. Have been doing this since the first "shortage" during the Clinton administration. So guess I am a hoarder--or just prepared.

Have sold a few primers to local friends who apparently don't shoot enough to have noticed the shortages, so always expected to be able to buy 200-300 primers at the local store.

I recently gave (well we sort of traded Italian sausage from my home town in NorCal) to a fellow member 400 LR magnum primers at the annual 'fire hog hunt. He's teaching his daughters how to shoot a Sharps IIRC.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The surgeon who circumcised me didn't have scalpel - I was surpised he pulled it off!

He he he...
That was so bad it ended up hilarious! smile

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I have my share of components.....hoarder.....nah

Just a smart shopper years ago.....

Primers $150/case shipped

8# jug of powder $160 shipped

Those were the days......

I still find powder at my LGS pretty fairly priced.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They are paying dearly for Retumbo (bought for a fellow forum member). Rl-15 seemed fair.

TAC was fair a couple of weeks ago as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

two.....hundred..........THOUSAND.......210M's. JHFC

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

question is, did his home owners insurance pay for the loss

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Surprised those primers didn't go all at once. That would've been a show.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Nah, just half a truck load.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Some habit, some don't.

I believe that those who do are called nuns.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
The surgeon who circumcised me didn't have scalpel - I was surpised he pulled it off!

He he he...
That was so bad it ended up hilarious! smile

Mine hurt so bad I didn’t walk for two years crazy

I looked at my ammo and reloading stash this past weekend. I still feel a ways away from being called a hoarder, I still call it “prepared”. Would like to have some more, mainly primers.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,092
Posts18,464,055
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.