Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Head and neck except for one gobbler that went airborne and tried to fly past me. Got the bottom of the neck and top of the breast. Pretty spectacular. That was probably 25 years ago and feathers may still be coming down.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If interested; I have a box and manuals for a BPS 10G to sell.
Drop me a PM if you want to see pics

Last edited by Cruiser1; 04/25/22.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the offer cruiser but don’t reakon I need a box.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I've only owned one 10 gauge - a Remington SP-10, matte blued and walnut, with a 26" barrel. It was massive, and heavy, but was a joy to shoot. To this day, I've never had a turkey gun that patterned as well. Still kicking myself for letting it go.

A 10 gauge is a gun every hunter should own at some point in their life.

Had a Rem SP-10 for a while myself. Most expensive single-shot I ever owned. Sent it down the road after it had made several trips to Remington, all to no avail. Replaced it with a Browning Gold 10ga.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I bought a used BPS 10 about 2 years ago. I had gun Drilled/tapped for a FF3, trigger worked on to lighten, barrel chopped to 21" and threaded for choke tubes (Tru-choke), bought a Comp n Choke XXXFull and a Kicks Gobblin Thunder .680 I believe. Gun patterns better than anything I have ever seen with Handloads of TSS 9's and does really good with Apex TSS 9's. I have no doubt it will kill one as far as the TSS will. I have not used it this year as I am struggling to find turkeys and really having to walk a bunch of hills. The weight is the only issue with it but if I were hunting flat land or doing a good bit of sitting, I wouldn't feel really confident with the gun.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
I bought a used BPS 10 about 2 years ago. I had gun Drilled/tapped for a FF3, trigger worked on to lighten, barrel chopped to 21" and threaded for choke tubes (Tru-choke), bought a Comp n Choke XXXFull and a Kicks Gobblin Thunder .680 I believe. Gun patterns better than anything I have ever seen with Handloads of TSS 9's and does really good with Apex TSS 9's. I have no doubt it will kill one as far as the TSS will. I have not used it this year as I am struggling to find turkeys and really having to walk a bunch of hills. The weight is the only issue with it but if I were hunting flat land or doing a good bit of sitting, I wouldn't feel really confident with the gun.

HeavyBarrel

I have one of the single shot H and R 10 Gauges with the short barrel. I debated getting some TSS loaded for it. I have a box or two of the federal #5's left. After that with your review I may just have to try it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It really makes the 10's shine. We are loading for 4 including a New England single 10. If you need any help getting some loads together shoot me a PM.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How heavy of a load are you shooting?

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (257 mag, 308ld, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 300jimmy, 22 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,166
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.