Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone have any incite as to when they may start taking orders again? I’m guessing it must be a dot.gov contract keeping them occupied?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Anyone have any incite as to when they may start taking orders again? I’m guessing it must be a dot.gov contract keeping them occupied?

Call Hawk Hill buddy. On a tip I was told they were great, understatement all the way. Great folks to deal with.

All I’ve heard on Rock Creek has them making a lot of gov barrels.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatcha lookin' for. Might try bugholes.com.

Wouldn't be to quick to turn my nose up if the cal/twist/length/contour was available in a Mullerworks or Bartlein.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs

Call Hawk Hill buddy. On a tip I was told they were great, understatement all the way. Great folks to deal with.

Curious. Will Hawk Hill contour a stainless barrel in Rem factory mountain rifle? If they will, I might try them.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
give douglas a try I know some people wont use them but they work great on my rifles and get them to install it
youll have your rifle back in less than two weeks...quicker than you can get a barrel alone with the others

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Whatcha lookin' for. Might try bugholes.com.

Wouldn't be to quick to turn my nose up if the cal/twist/length/contour was available in a Mullerworks or Bartlein.

Cut rifle modified Kimber 84 contour - which they have.

If Mullerworks would do a light #2 …

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
lilja has a modified contour but they arent cut as you may know

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Curious. Will Hawk Hill contour a stainless barrel in Rem factory mountain rifle? If they will, I might try them.

Not sure 257. Best guess would be to call. They’re good ol boys and friendly to deal with as well.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Not sure 257. Best guess would be to call. They’re good ol boys and friendly to deal with as well.

Thanks. Thought somebody might know. Seems not many will do it nowadays. I waited on two Rock Creek 257” barrels in that contour for a full year, but was glad to get them.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve never used a Rock Creek but man I’d like to. Sounds like it’ll be awhile though.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This schit is VERY fhuqking easy. Hint.

Simply source Greg,grab a blank of the length/RPM requisite,which is on the shelf and have The Plumber turn it to the contour of your whim. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Brux may be an option.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
you really need to satisfy what you want but i have yet to see the difference between a cut barrel or a button barrel in a hunting gun
i dont shoot benchrest so maybe they can i dont know .....every button barrel i had shot 1/2 moa when i did my part and so did the cut ones

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Rock Creek are nothing special. have had 2 of them and will not be getting anymore. Not worth waiting to get a average barrel. Lots of better options out there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tomme boy
Rock Creek are nothing special. have had 2 of them and will not be getting anymore. Not worth waiting to get a average barrel. Lots of better options out there.

average 100 yard 3" group on a paper plate hunters certainly won't notice the difference between Rock Creek and Douglas barrels

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by tomme boy

average 100 yard 3" group on a paper plate hunters certainly won't notice the difference between Rock Creek and Douglas barrels

I haven't been able to tell much difference with any "name" brand barrel...some may clean a little easier but that's about it.

The "best" I've seen so far was a Proof Steel barrel in 6.5x284...it legit went 1/4moa straight off the lathe with the very first 3 shots out of it (after 1 test fire)...a Nosler Partition too...on a Rem 700.

I definitely can't tell the difference between Cut and Button...I most certainly wouldn't let one sway my decision.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by adam32

The "best" I've seen so far was a Proof Steel barrel in 6.5x284...it legit went 1/4moa straight off the lathe with the very first 3 shots out of it (after 1 test fire)...a Nosler Partition too...on a Rem 700.

Was that a Diablo Custom built by Ryan Kelsey?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by adam32

Was that a Diablo Custom built by Ryan Kelsey?

He didn't build it. But he did have it at one point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Benchmark will make pretty much anything you want in stainless. Cut or buttoned. Cut twist rates can be whatever you want as it's all done on CNC. Custom contours are easy too, but there is a charge.

I ordered a cut stainless 7mm 1-8 last week. Winchester featherweight that tapers to .600" at 24" finished.

8 month lead currently.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Benchmark will make pretty much anything you want in stainless. Cut or buttoned. Cut twist rates can be whatever you want as it's all done on CNC. Custom contours are easy too, but there is a charge.

I ordered a cut stainless 7mm 1-8 last week. Winchester featherweight that tapers to .600" at 24" finished.

8 month lead currently.

That’s just about what my Mashburn barrel is. Originally a Bart #2 but it’s been milled on pretty heavily.

Semper Fi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.