Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by kk alaska
wish Ruger would make the LH RAR with a AISC mag. Would love to have a LH 6.5 Grendel with AISC mag.

Don't need the Asics mag for a Grendel the standard AR mag works well

Ruger does not make a LH RAR with the AISC mag or a LH RAR that will work with the AR mag .

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
wish Ruger would make the LH RAR with a AISC mag. Would love to have a LH 6.5 Grendel with AISC mag.

Ruger does not make a LH RAR with the AISC mag or a LH RAR that will work with the AR mag .

Yeah I seen the left hand after I posted that but I just left it.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What after market stock is that?

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Nrut

Looks like bell and carlson

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hillbilly and leon, thanx for the replys! Ordered one from cdnn today---hope it works OK! The one that came with the rifle ( a rotary) works fine, just wanted a spare.

Thanx Again!
Hip

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nrut

Yep it’s a Bell & Carlson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most people love them, including my best friend. The one I owned (.223) was very inaccurate. And yes, I reload. It's hard to try again.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I got one early on in 243 and have had no problems so far .

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jeeper
Like hearing all the positive comments on the American. Sure seems the majority gives it the thumbs up. I tried one out awhile back , gave it whirl , just couldn't warm up to it. Passed it off to a friend who loves it.

I did the same thing with a BAR.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I found a .243 and a .308 today, both brand new All weather SS compacts for sale for $400 each. Seemed like a pretty good deal. I may have to pick up the .308 just due to ease of finding ammo. Put a standard stock on it and it would be a lightweight little deer and caribou gun.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Certainly works with mine... I contacted Ruger and asked about their mags and would a 223 mag work in it, and they told me NO..

Contacts several other magazine makers and asked them the same question and they told me no..

a Marine Vet I run into over at the range asked me about my rifle... and I asked him if he minded if I tried to see if one of the 50 AR mags he had would work in my Grendal from Ruger...

rounds went in just fine and worked just fine in operation.. when the manufacturers told me NO...

so much for getting a straight story from manufacturers....

I don't even know where my factory Predator mag is right now... but then I had a little over Half a dozen aftermarket 223 ten round mags, that I use with it...
that will hold 10 rounds of 6.5 Grendal rounds...each made of polymers...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Seafire

Certainly works with mine... I contacted Ruger and asked about their mags and would a 223 mag work in it, and they told me NO..

Contacts several other magazine makers and asked them the same question and they told me no..

a Marine Vet I run into over at the range asked me about my rifle... and I asked him if he minded if I tried to see if one of the 50 AR mags he had would work in my Grendal from Ruger...

rounds went in just fine and worked just fine in operation.. when the manufacturers told me NO...

so much for getting a straight story from manufacturers....

I don't even know where my factory Predator mag is right now... but then I had a little over Half a dozen aftermarket 223 ten round mags, that I use with it...
that will hold 10 rounds of 6.5 Grendal rounds...each made of polymers...

Let me rephrase that I'm glad you pointed that out. You don't need Asics type mags for 6.5 Grendel the standard AR magazines that are six five Grendel specific work quite well. Now I never try to standard 556 magazine with the Grendel cartridge. I always just got the ones that were specific.
But up on reading this experience I might have to experiment here.

But I do have a 22 250 that I changed to a Magpul stock to use Asics my exam because I couldn't get any factory magazines to work with a damn with the 22 250. And it feeds great with four if you stick 5 in at the first one won't feed very good I think I could adapt the follower just a touch and solve that I just haven't got to try that yet.

Last edited by ldholton; 04/26/22.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.