Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hopefully a fish finder. I want one that can be portable and also has GPS. The big factor is power draw. I use them so much on flyins that recharging batteries in remote locations becomes an issue.
Show me fish down below, mapping on the side, hold all the other bells and whistles please.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 03/14/22.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
GB2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Osky
Hopefully a fish finder. I want one that can be portable and also has GPS. The big factor is power draw. I use them so much on flyins that recharging batteries in remote locations becomes an issue.
Show me fish down below, mapping on the side, hold all the other bells and whistles please.

Osky

Please post your data on how to save battery life I am very interested I assume the first and largest factor would be screen size
I am very curious
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

Please post your data on how to save battery life I am very interested I assume the first and largest factor would be screen size
I am very curious
Hank

I said mapping, what I actually meant was GPS not underwater mapping. I was corrected on that by a tech today.
I contacted Humminbird, Lawrence, and Garman this morning and posed the simple questions. No reply’s yet.
How many amps per hour do the units draw ?
What percentage does increased screen size bump that up?
What does going to more complex transducers change things if at all?
Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Humming bird tech
1 (800) 633-1468

Lowrance Simrad tech
1 (800) 728-4487

Garmin tech
1 (800) 800-1420

Maybe that will help
Hank

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Thanks Boat… I called them all this morning and was machine informed to text instead so I did.

Osky

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Traded my 2012 electric start 20 hp Yamaha four stroke in on a new 2022 25 hp fuel injected Yamaha electric start this morning $1800 and trade. Waiting on a new minnkota terrovo and Garmin side view plus.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just ordered a new garmin, a 94SV. Will be fun to play with.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by FishinHank

I am very curious your thoughts on this unit after you play with it

Hank

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have the 94 hd Garmin, love it. The Panoptik is an additional transducer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FishinHank

I am very curious your thoughts on this unit after you play with it

Hank

I'm actually going to be using it in saltwater. Sidescan and clear vue is useless to me here so I went with a medium chirp ducer. Going to use it for trolling and deep water jigging. The transducer I really wanted to use isn't compatible with the UHd 94sv so I had to settle for the one I got. Should work ok. If I go ice fishing on a vacation I might get the panoptic ducer.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I would really like to try Pan optics transducer
Glad these are compatible so I can

I am sure I will at some point
The transducer is pricey as you all know

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 04/10/22.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I just bought 2 new 12lb downrigger pancake weights...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
[quote=Osky]Hopefully a fish finder. I want one that can be portable and also has GPS. The big factor is power draw. I use them so much on flyins that recharging batteries in remote locations becomes an issue.

Osky

I am very curious
Hank
[/quote

So here we go..
I use 7.5ah batteries made by Dakota for remote fly in guiding. Chosen for weight concerns.
A Garmin striker 4 or similar will run 14hrs per charge. The striker 5 drops that number to 11 hours or 10 if you are using all the mapping functions. The same size units in Humminbird models were nearly the same except the Helix 5 with mapping and all will run around 7-8 hours to that battery charged.
I broke it down to the “4” models use about .4 amps per hour, the 5” screens .5 amps per hour and the 7” screens Nearly 1 amp per hour. Color screens, Bells and whistles add to the draw.
I did not search larger screens as I don’t use them.
By comparison I have an older Lawrence black and white 5”, no other bells and whistles on it to speak of and it runs 4 solid days of at least 8 hours per before the battery is down.

Osky

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by blanket
Traded my 2012 electric start 20 hp Yamaha four stroke in on a new 2022 25 hp fuel injected Yamaha electric start this morning $1800 and trade. Waiting on a new minnkota terrovo and Garmin side view plus.

First day on the water with the new Yamaha first 2 hours break in

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How did it do with the new upgrade?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I ordered a new Ranger VS 1782 SC aluminum deep V last October. It came into the dealership in late March but the sales guy mistakenly ordered the 1682 instead of the 1782.
Long story but they re- ordered but it will have to be a 2023 build which goes into production on June 1. I am glad I didn't sell my 16 foot Lund. .

living the good life every day
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, hope they treated you right on that deal!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Dang, hope they treated you right on that deal!

They did try to make me feel better so I'll give them that. Prices went up about 3500 22 to 23 model and they said they would honor the 22 price plus knock an additional 3 grand off. The fishfinder I upgraded to isn't an option on the new model so they bought one and said they would switch out the standard model with the upgraded hds live. It was a horrible screw up but I think they are doing alot more than many places to make it right.

living the good life every day
W
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
W
Got WavePro pedestals for my seats. Hopefully no more sore back.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You were right ,Garmin side view plus from factory outlet now June delivery, what a bunch of liars

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
577 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.