-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Title says it all. Results are out. Anyone draw?

Nothing for me-----too old & too fat-----Didn't even apply

GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drew and filled the sheep tag in 1996. Drew and filled the goat tag in 2002. One of each is all I need.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Congrats MAC!

Good Shooting!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I drew my sheep tag back in 98---killed a 7/8 curl. Killed my billy goat in 20. Just about the same time as you MAC.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
21 years in.... zilch. Wiped my ass with another $100 for points. I need out of this game...

IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ram came from the Georgetown area. Goat came from the Buena Vista area. Was a CO resident for 54 years before work took me to TX. The only permit I could never draw in CO was moose and I quit applying for them when they raised the preference point fee so high.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at 3 +9. Have 0 now. Drew another archery tag in a unit I know a little bit. Even better, 2 other folks in my immediate hunting circle drew rifle ram tags in extremely long draw units. Need to take the training up a notch and probably drop some pounds in next 4 months. Not a lot of pressure as killed this one with a bow 23 years ago. If it happens again, it'll be great. But gonna be a lot of time hiking and scouting this summer for sure. And yes, I'm old and grey.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 30338
I was at 3 +9. Have 0 now. Drew another archery tag in a unit I know a little bit. Even better, 2 other folks in my immediate hunting circle drew rifle ram tags in extremely long draw units. Need to take the training up a notch and probably drop some pounds in next 4 months. Not a lot of pressure as killed this one with a bow 23 years ago. If it happens again, it'll be great. But gonna be a lot of time hiking and scouting this summer for sure. And yes, I'm old and grey.

Badazz! Looking forward to following along, hope you share the journey.

Is one of the other fellers that drew a sheep tag possibly guide up in Alaska?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes sir.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 30338
Yes sir.

Awesome!

Very happy for you guys.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/23/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No license for me. Over 20 years trying for a ram license. That isn't nothing. Have 33 unsuccessful attempts on moose.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The hybrid draw system sucks.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The whole Colorado system sucks. It's not mathematically sustainable. Eventually there are so many people with matching points for very limited tags that it turns into a lottery. There is no "preference."

I think some tags like sheep and moose should be once in a lifetime, whether you fill the tag or not. I also think sheep, goat, moose and antelope should be resident only.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
^^^^^^^ Of course, you do! LOL

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
The whole Colorado system sucks. It's not mathematically sustainable. Eventually there are so many people with matching points for very limited tags that it turns into a lottery. There is no "preference."

I think some tags like sheep and moose should be once in a lifetime, whether you fill the tag or not. I also think sheep, goat, moose and antelope should be resident only.

Even when they're not on state land? Like it or not we all own the natural resources in the US of A.

Life is good live it while you can.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Even when they're not on state land? Like it or not we all own the natural resources in the US of A.

Sorry but the Supreme Court has ruled that wildlife belongs to the residents of the individual states. This means that the game in GA belongs to the residents of GA and the game in CO belongs to the residents of CO and it doesn't matter if we're talking private land, state land or federal land. I live in TX but was a CO resident for 54 years. I have zero claim to any game in CO nor do I have any power to force the state of CO to do anything in the way of issuing licenses and the same goes for the game in GA. It is what it is. What amazes me is how so many do not know this. Look up the ruling.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MAC

Sorry but the Supreme Court has ruled that wildlife belongs to the residents of the individual states. This means that the game in GA belongs to the residents of GA and the game in CO belongs to the residents of CO and it doesn't matter if we're talking private land, state land or federal land. I live in TX but was a CO resident for 54 years. I have zero claim to any game in CO nor do I have any power to force the state of CO to do anything in the way of issuing licenses and the same goes for the game in GA. It is what it is. What amazes me is how so many do not know this. Look up the ruling.

I'm fully aware of the rules - laws. But just because it's the law doesn't make it right.

Life is good live it while you can.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

I'm fully aware of the rules - laws. But just because it's the law doesn't make it right.

Not saying it does. Just pointing that "we" don't all "own" the natural resources in the USA according the the Supreme Court and once they rule there is nobody to appeal to.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (7mm_Loco, 6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,517
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.