Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The $400 AR I used in a high power match this evening was doing great until prone rapid fire it turned into a single shot. Got through that stage single shot mode. Went into slow fire in the prone still doing it wtf. Then I feel hot gas blowing, I stop and look my gas block moved a good half inch. I stop find my Allen wrenches tap it back in place tighten it up. Running just fine, the sob that built it didn’t use loctite on the gas block set screws (oh wait that was me). Most failures are from guys like me who forget to do something simple and later turns into a chit show.

Last edited by 79S; 05/03/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
The $400 AR I used in a high power match this evening was doing great until prone rapid fire it turned into a single shot. Got through that stage single shot mode. Went into slow fire in the prone still doing it wtf. Then I feel hot gas blowing, I stop and look my gas block moved a good half inch. I stop find mine Allen wrenches tap it back in place tighten it up. Running just fine, the sob that built it didn’t use loctite on the gas block set screws (oh wait that was me). Most failures are from guys like me who forget to do something simple and later turns into a chit show.

That sucks J. It is also a good idea to dimple the barrel where those set screws go too. At least if you get it fixed now, you won't have to worry about it next time. Did the failure affect your scores?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
The $400 AR I used in a high power match this evening was doing great until prone rapid fire it turned into a single shot. Got through that stage single shot mode. Went into slow fire in the prone still doing it wtf. Then I feel hot gas blowing, I stop and look my gas block moved a good half inch. I stop find mine Allen wrenches tap it back in place tighten it up. Running just fine, the sob that built it didn’t use loctite on the gas block set screws (oh wait that was me). Most failures are from guys like me who forget to do something simple and later turns into a chit show.

That sucks J. It is also a good idea to dimple the barrel where those set screws go too. At least if you get it fixed now, you won't have to worry about it next time. Did the failure affect your scores?

Yeah it affected them, but once I got it all tightened down well the one screw started shooting good again. Believe it or not this AR stoner barrel comes dimpled I just got in a hurry didn’t loctite the set screws. The bad the damn loctite sits right their in front of me when I work on these things lol.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 79S
Most failures are from guys like me who forget to do something simple and later turns into a chit show.

Yea, I can take credit for a good portion of the AR issues I've encountered.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My biggest issue with them is a lack of reliable accuracy. When someone else shoots one of mine, it is nice and accurate. But when I shoot them, the accuracy seems to go away. I can't figure out what's wrong with them.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by deflave

Just for S&G I once left my M&P15 in the bed of my pickup truck for the better part of a year. Rain, snow, dirt, etc.

Is that the one you bounced off the ice while throwing it in the river?

lol

Sure is!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coconut keeping you focused.

Lol!

😂😂😂😂

Just for S&G I once left my M&P15 in the bed of my pickup truck for the better part of a year. Rain, snow, dirt, etc.

lol

Sure is!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OGB
Keep it lubed and wipe out the mud when you feel guilty.

The vast majority of AR malfunctions/stoppages are ammo or mag related.

That said, if you identify a mag that is causing issues, do not mark it and put it in your range bag, truck, pocket etc. SMASH IT immediately. Hell, shoot it if you are so inclined. Short of utter destruction, it will find it's way back into rotation.

Last bad mag I had was setting upright when it took a 40gr NBT through the body. The force blew off the floor plate and it launched about 20 feet straight up. Not sure how much of that was due to the spring vs. the mechanics of the impact, but it was fun to watch.

That's how its done!

That's kinda what I do with watches that keep fuggin up. Never have to look at them again.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I swear, bad mags are like an unwanted farm cat, they always find there way home somehow.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by auk1124
My biggest issue with them is a lack of reliable accuracy. When someone else shoots one of mine, it is nice and accurate. But when I shoot them, the accuracy seems to go away. I can't figure out what's wrong with them.

laugh laugh

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lol

Sure is!

Remember that video, it's always confused me.

Aren't you supposed to shoot a fish before you throw a rifle in the crick?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I very seldom clean my AR`s.I make sure I run them wet and they just keep chugging along.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OGB
I swear, bad mags are like an unwanted farm cat, they always find there way home somehow.

In the past ten years I have encountered one bad mag.

A non-issue in my experience.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had a bad mag, USA brand. Trashed it.
Beater Colt mags worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, ATC, 12 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.