24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been selling off my guns this year, mostly to family at bargain prices. I don't need another drilling; have enough.

But, this came along, and it might be cheap enough. It's a Kreighoff Prumpf Primus 16-16-7X57R with a 22 Hornet insert. Scope rings for the claw bases will come with it, but they will need altering. The breech face is rough for some reason, but it shoots fine and locks tight.

Someone talk me out of it, please. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You definitely don’t want that. Me on the other hand, I definitely need it 😀

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I am NOT the one to answer your question....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I am NOT the one to answer your question....

Says my friend, the enabler.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Did I mention that damage Greener safety. And you'll need to get a metal trigger guard, that old Buffalo horn needs to go. You also need to sand off the skip line checkered and get some anti slip pads in letter. The expenses just keep going up.
Just trying to help.
Bfly

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
[quote=Blackfly1]Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?

😂😂😂

Best laugh I’ve had all day!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A few slugs, some bismuth shot and you could hunt the world with that.

It is very nice,

Last edited by erich; 04/26/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by John0313
[quote=Blackfly1]Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?

😂😂😂

Best laugh I’ve had all day!

I'm CURED!!! I'm CURED!!!

It's good to have friends looking out for me.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
But, on the other hand, maybe you could use it, as is, while you saved up to get a carbon fiber stock and the other needed modifications. If you can scrape together a few pieces of brass, dies and a few bullets, a bit of powder and a few primers that are on the top shelf, that should be used before they go bad, and you would be in business. Allowing those couple ounces of powder and those old primers to go bad would be wasting valuable resources. You need to be a good steward of such scarce resources.
Think of all the drilling lovers whose marriages you would be saving, if you take that gun off the market. Sometimes you have to do selfless acts to protect your friends.
I trust you will throw yourself on the sword to protect the rest of us.
Bfly

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
If you price out cost of having custom rings made to fit the claw bases, it might help scare you away :-)

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I'm CURED!!! I'm CURED!!!

It's good to have friends looking out for me.

Good to know! That will keep my gun-account above water....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It comes with the rings.

But you can always make a set yourself. I made a set out of Weaver Grand Slam extra high steel rings. Measure a lot file a little.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Biebs
If you price out cost of having custom rings made to fit the claw bases, it might help scare you away :-)

I'm cursed with a good friend who makes custom claw mounts.

Fate is having a field day with me! eek

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.