Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
It doesn't matter.

You'll be dead within days, if not hours, if you go out larping.

But have fun with the fantasy until then I guess.

SHTF can be a lot of different things.

I would never seek a decisive engagement against a superior force, that would be foolish. If ya don't believe me, ask Sun Tzu.

However, in situations of civil disorder, simply defending yourself, loved ones, and property could require the use of force. Having a sensible stock of weapons and ammo that can be replenished if needed, is not a horrible part of an overall survival strategy.

Yep.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd never go knock on doors but I have to be prepared when someone knocks on mine.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Roving bands of ANTIFA, BLM, looters in my neighborhood that attempt to break into houses are in trouble. Organized military with modern tactics and equipment would have little trouble mopping us up. Everything depends on the nature of the threat. Whether I have my Marlin 30-30 levergun or AR-10 in hand will not be nearly as important as who is attacking.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Roving bands of ANTIFA, BLM, looters in my neighborhood that attempt to break into houses are in trouble. Organized military with modern tactics and equipment would have little trouble mopping us up. Everything depends on the nature of the threat. Whether I have my Marlin 30-30 levergun or AR-10 in hand will not be nearly as important as who is attacking.

If you’re living in a “neighborhood” you’re already behind the curve.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Kid lived in gentrified area. BLM " protest " had a couple hundred AA on her street all wound up.

They moved down to another street, nothing happened on hers.

Moved soon after.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Went to restaurant in Indy, road construction coming in from NE side had us take the scenic route.

Industrial turned to rough housing area, pretty bad. Then 2 blocks and it was pastel redone homes w hipsters walking their pets. Proly only in daylight LOL.

When it blows up these folks are in a world of trouble.
2 friggin blocks, paying top dollar to live next to a friggin powder keg.

My kid was in a supposedly better area but the mob was rather mobile ( BLM march to Gov mansion ).

Yeah revitalizing old hoods is cool. Neat shops and places to eat. But get yo azz outta there by sundown.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/25/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Neighborhood is a loose term. Really about a dozen houses on a one road culdesac with three-four acre lots and surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

You need a 22 and use it

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just had an interesting conversation with the Class III collector who lives half a mile down the road from my place. He and two of his buddies all have .30 Caliber water cooled Browning MG's that they play with on his 600 yard range every now and then. We were discussing how to defend our little dead end gravel road in case the natives get restless.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone mentioned that it's better to have an '06 because you could shoot the neighbor's .270 rounds through it in a pinch? Headspace be damned.

crazy

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Neighborhood is a loose term. Really about a dozen houses on a one road culdesac with three-four acre lots and surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods.

Hopefully there is a back exit through those woods?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seems the SHTF at my house several times a week.... I don't need much to deal with that... and none of it involves firearms..

Lost them all in that spring flood last year, when the river rose over its banks quite a bit....

Since I am a democRat, I didn't need to replace any of them... Uncle Joe told us all we don't need firearms..... He's the greatest President this nation has ever had..

Let's GO Brandon!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Who the fugk wants to live in post apocalyptic America. You really want to shoot a 12yo in the face for a can of Vienna sausages? JFC, be a man and put a 45 in your brain pan.

That's why I'm partying my ass off right now.

Fuuck it.

We saw the white claw picture yesterday. 😂😂

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
@jm depends on the "12yo". Gotta sketch?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
SHTF?
. . . . Ain't gonna be many Johnny Rambos out there shooting
bunches of enemy.

True

^ ^ ^ these^ ^ ^
I know of a bunch of cul-de-sac commandos
that have their tac vest and operator clothing
all ready for judgment day
IMO if I were a law enforcement officer or soldier
or one of the boys from "Road Warrior " or
"The Road " that's the first place I'd be looking
for victims to loot.
The people that will make it will be those that
are hiding in the bushes and not popping off
magazines full of rounds as fast as they can
jam one in their gun.
Soldiers and law enforcement officers survive
firefights because they can call in near unlimited
back up personnel or call air support or call in
a grid of artillery to make their point.
Smart people will be avoiding any interaction with
unfriendlies
Whatever firearm you have at SHTF will most likely
be adequate as long as you have a supply of fodder
and can carry everything for 16-18 hours everyday

Same guys run around boasting about what they got. They will be target number 1.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah I've pondered how many times some alphabet agency signed on here ''let's see all of your hunting rifles''.
Then go to the shotgun/pistol forums ask again.
How much ammo is enough ammo?

Anybody have good survival skills?

What would you do during a SHTF CRISIS?

Hundreds of replies, > then again maybe that a good thing

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
Seems the SHTF at my house several times a week.... I don't need much to deal with that... and none of it involves firearms..

Lost them all in that spring flood last year, when the river rose over its banks quite a bit....

Since I am a democRat, I didn't need to replace any of them... Uncle Joe told us all we don't need firearms..... He's the greatest President this nation has ever had..

Let's GO Brandon!

John, as a minimum you need a shotgun to shoot up in the air like biden recommended.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Has anyone mentioned that it's better to have an '06 because you could shoot the neighbor's .270 rounds through it in a pinch? Headspace be damned.

crazy

I don't live in artist neighborhoods where people around me would own a 270

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Those of you that live out in the country, will probably do ok for a while. Those of us in urban areas and of course big cities are toast. You just can't hold no matter how well armed/stocked you are. If history has taught us anything, is that Defensive Positions are well, indefensible. Your best chance is to be mobile and good luck with that....Wolvegeeks..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A simple durable bolt action 22LR is more valuable than any other I can think of.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.