Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Our house has almost all low power use bulbs but there are places for old fashioned incandescents. Places like sheds or dusty basements where the lights are used less than an hour/year don't need expensive bulbs.

By MATTHEW DALY - Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration is scrapping old-fashioned incandescent light bulbs, speeding an ongoing trend toward more efficient lighting that officials say will save households, schools and businesses billions of dollars a year.

Rules finalized by the Energy Department will require manufacturers to sell energy-efficient lightbulbs, accelerating a longtime industry practice to use compact fluorescent and LED bulbs that last 25 to 50 times longer than incandescent bulbs. The Trump administration had slowed an earlier phaseout of incandescents, saying it was targeting rules that burden businesses.

Once the new rules are fully in place next year, consumers should save nearly $3 billion per year on their utility bills, the Energy Department said. The rules are projected to cut planet-warming carbon emissions by 222 million metric tons over the next 30 years, an amount equivalent to emissions generated by 28 million homes in one year, officials said.

“By raising energy efficiency standards for lightbulbs, we’re putting $3 billion back in the pockets of American consumers every year and substantially reducing domestic carbon emissions,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said in a statement Tuesday. “The lighting industry is already embracing more energy efficient products, and this measure will accelerate progress to deliver the best products to American consumers and build a better and brighter future.”

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Great. More folks can burn down well houses/coops/etc, using space heaters instead of those “nasty” incandescent bulbs.

I use plenty of LED bulbs. When all you want is “light”, they’re fantastic. Sometimes, you want “heat”.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
So how do you replace the light bulb in your oven with an LED?

For most applications, LEDs are better, and consumers are smart enough to figure that out. So why not just let the market work? Why does the government need to be involved at all?

Last edited by denton; 04/27/22.

Be not weary in well doing.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Why does the government need to be involved at all?"

Because the "state" is in control.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Jennifer Rubble .. Dirt People Local 666..

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn’t we already go thru this Alex Jones/Fidel Obama is taking away your light bulbs BS 10 years ago?

That’s the reason I have an old defunct upright freezer with several cases of them stored away.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Save 3 billion per yr on energy for consumers.
Uh huh...
I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale also...

Save the planet.
Uh huh.....
Been hearing that for decades...

Wonder what DC politicians are investing in light bulb companies or companies involved in them....

Typical example of legislation being enacted to make those smart investments they were never privy too before being in office...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lets see........

2020 population est was 329.5

So for schits and giggles lets say it 330 million now.
Whatever......

Divided into 3 billion....

Even though I aint using electric rate payers #,s or home #,s and just using population #,,s for my math....

What ya all gonna spend on your roughly 9 bucks on????

😆😆😆😆😆

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I side with "choice."

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone got paid off.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It sounds like a good idea for the new congress we elect in November to slash (or eliminate) the budget for the bureaucracies that come up with all these ridiculous rules. Very few climate nazis are willing to work without a salary for very long.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
10% for the Big Guy.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Someone got paid off.
“By raising energy efficiency standards for lightbulbs, we’re putting $3 billion back in the pockets of American consumers every year and substantially reducing domestic carbon emissions,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said in a statement Tuesday. “The lighting industry is already embracing more energy efficient products, and this measure will accelerate progress to deliver the best products to American consumers and build a better and brighter future.”

.Yup...... Then they spout all sorts of goody goody lies about great financial rewards and wonderful environmental benefits such as in the above quote. I only wish we could see how much money went to who, but all we will hear is how much money we are gonna save due to their brave and bold leadership in the ongoing battle against carbon emissions, although last I knew; all their private jets were still exempt from the carbon emission discussion, ( guess the jets have a special exemption waiver, maybe?)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Taking away incandescent bulbs AGAIN proves the Washington DC politicians are full of chit---again.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I wish somebody would come out with a 25 watt, infra-red lamp - just for my well houses.
It doesn't take much to keep them from freezing, but a little something.

My sister-in-law replaced a burned out bulb in the wellhouse, there, last year - with a LED bulb.
Didn't work.
"Pipe is a four-letter word - that leads to many more." Yours truly.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can you get them in Canada?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
So why not just let the market work? Why does the government need to be involved at all?

Abraham Lincoln/FDR/LBJ are all LMAO from the Great Beyond....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
My light fixture, my choice

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I wish somebody would come out with a 25 watt, infra-red lamp - just for my well houses.
It doesn't take much to keep them from freezing, but a little something.

My sister-in-law replaced a burned out bulb in the wellhouse, there, last year - with a LED bulb.
Didn't work.
"Pipe is a four-letter word - that leads to many more." Yours truly.

Heat trace is far more efficient and lasts far longer than bulbs and can be cut to any length...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
More fool's ploy from a moron. Shocked, I say.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
486 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.