Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by ElkSnort
HA! After all the debate... a Bushnell LRSTi 3-12× came up for sale locally at a reasonable price that I ended up bringing home with me. I couldn't resist! But I'm still going to get a Helos for another rifle. <no more hints needed>. 😉

If the Bushie doesn't work out for you, I could give it a loving home.

I felt real stupid for getting rid of its non-illuminated twin. This one is staying!

<Snort>

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hey guys, got my Helos 2x12 today. Took it out looked it over and mounted it on a Tikka 7-08. Hears the deal, the windage turret snaps up (make adjustment) then it solidly snaps back down into place. However the elevation turret pulls up kinda hard (make adjustment) it just kinda mushes back down, no snap in place, no solid landing. Am i nitpicking or is this not right?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by guy57
Hey guys, got my Helos 2x12 today. Took it out looked it over and mounted it on a Tikka 7-08. Hears the deal, the windage turret snaps up (make adjustment) then it solidly snaps back down into place. However the elevation turret pulls up kinda hard (make adjustment) it just kinda mushes back down, no snap in place, no solid landing. Am i nitpicking or is this not right?

Good chinese child labor is hard to find...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Well then they need to beat the little pricks hader.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd loosen the zero-stop,tighten the turret and Post pics,so cumcatcher can see what she's trying to "talk" about. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd loosen the zero-stop,tighten the turret and Post pics,so cumcatcher can see what she's trying to "talk" about. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Whining Clueless Brokedicks can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Poor dumb fat Larry...what happened to your claims of a 6x Super Poseur scope being "IT" for long range? I've been here long enough to remember all your lies over the years...HINT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well at least she can "afford" to steal cartoons...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying though.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Well, I (along with my bro) broke down and bought a Helos during the Cameraland sale. I can't wait to give it a beatdown!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, I (along with my bro) broke down and bought a Helos during the Cameraland sale. I can't wait to give it a beatdown!

It is a nice scope packed with features but damn it hurts seeing the MADE IN CHINA! Love everything else so far though.

Good Shooting!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I started looking at the Helos 2-12x42 a little while back. For now, it is sitting on an accurate 10/22 getting turrets spun to see if anything loosens up. It will go onto my280Rem after that.
In terms of packaging, image quality and reticle design, Athlon did a lot of things right with this scope. I have a couple of other broadly comparable designs to compare it to, which I will do a little later, but it an easy scope to use and so far the turrets have been very consistent.

As far as how important it being made in China goes, that's for you to decide. Athlon does not hide where their products are made, so you get to choose whether it bothers you or not.

ILya

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I really want to like the s tac, but the turrets need help.They turn way too easily. I'm not confident I could get through a hunt without inadvertently getting one turned. I'm thinking about removing the windage turret and capping it with something, and using the jam but zero stop to help with the elevation turret.

The Helos is a better choice. The turrets are much more positive even unlocked.

TANSTAAFL
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I think you'll be VERY pleased if you look at our current Flash Sale Page laugh

Doug,

I've emailed you guys a couple times without a response, as I've ordered two scopes. Do you have any idea when the Helos 2-12× scopes will come off backorder?

Thanks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Doug,

I've emailed you guys a couple times without a response, as I've ordered two scopes. Do you have any idea when the Helos 2-12× scopes will come off backorder?

Thanks.

Elk, I’ve always called them with any questions I’ve had and they were always helpful. I’ve bought a lot from Cameraland and I’ll be buying more in the future. Neil, Doug and Joel are great guys. 👍….call’em.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug,

Thanks.

From what I'm told they are in route to us.

Odd, I reply to every e-mail I receive. Sometimes it takes a half day depending on how many e-mails I have. Are you e-mailing gr8fuldougaol.com ?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Doug, apparently I had replied to a "do not reply" email address. My bad. Thank you for responding on here.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 41 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.