Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RS308MX Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
were brought back to life? I haven't, how about you or somebody you know? Was there any out of body experience?

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had some out of body experiences.

I lived through the late 60's and 70's.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My old boss died on the operating table. Maybe 6-7 minutes. Out of body, the whole shebang. Left the room, saw and heard people in the hall. Remembered conversations that he couldn’t possibly have heard from inside the room. Saw departed relatives. He tells the story well.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought I did.

I was 18, she was 25.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Acquaintance did and yes. A Colonel in the military, also on the operating table, heard others, saw others, and said it was heart breaking to told " go back, it is not your time". One of the warmest human beings I've had the pleasure of knowing.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes. August, 1986. High speed (~85mph+) M/C wreck. Drunk as a skunk. 16 years old. Liter Kawi. Ghosted bike to avoid mowing down kids getting out of St. Mary's at the end of Brook St. on a hard left. Took the turn on one knee and let go of the bars a split second after seeing the kiddos racing across the street just down from the Brookline Spa on the corner at the top in their little uniforms .

The BFD found me pinned underneath a Chevy Impala ~140' from impact site, bent in half backwards, face up, with my ankles behind my head toes down (no, not like the dirty movies). Bike in about 6 pieces over the entire block. Kids told the cops and FD I'd done two and a half rotations head over heels after the initial smash.

By the time the wrecker picked up the car I was under--they found me only by one of the FD hearing me moaning-- I had coded. No respiration, no pulse after getting me in the meat wagon. Non-responsive in every way. Wee Muther actually heard me hit 1/4 mile away from the porch just getting home from working a double as a nurse. Thanks, long-haired hippie looking dude in robes or whatever.

18 hours of 3 man (two men, one woman actually) trauma team surgery later, they told my folks if they were praying types to go have a talk with their God to do so.
They collectively predicted that despite their efforts, I likely wouldn't survive the night.

I walked out of there 6 weeks later,full of piss and vinegar, missing most of my right lung, with 17 broken bones healing, mega internal organ and muscle damage repairing and zippers up my guts and back, plus 4 chest tube holes in my torso. Not to mention losing 45 pounds and feeling like I'd died. Morphine is Lord, BTW.

I 'died' three times that first 24 hours, I am told. I never saw any lights, gates or any old man. Nothing. Three weeks and maybe change after the wreck I awoke. I'll never forget coming to and seeing WM at my side, in tears. As she saw me awake and with me asking her where I was, she slapped me hard in the face and hissed, 'Boy, if ye never believed in th' guid Lord above before this day, th' noo is a guid bloody time to start! Ya wee bastard!' YE WEE BASTARD!'

True story.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Slavyanka died on the operating table at 16 from a ruptured appendix. Saw herself lying on the table, saw the light, then saw her favourite aunt who’d died. Aunt said to go back, they weren’t ready for her yet. So she did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy from CO went out for a run and face planted mid stride. Massive heart attack. Lady saw him hit the deck from her apartment, ran down and started cpr.

He was without heartbeat for several minutes after the meat wagon got there and quite a few before.

Was fairly recent. Haven’t spoken to h8m about it. He apparently has s9me cognitive issues as well as the facial fractures and busted teeth from face planting on the sidewalk when his heart seized up.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
3ish years old choked on candy, found laying in front yard purple, not breathing, mom/uncle/grandma held me upside down hysterically beating on my back. Piece of candy shot out of my mouth.
When I got my grown-up teeth I had a white line across my top teeth, dentist Dr. Davenport said my heart must have stopped beating at some point. Told him of inhaling the candy as a small child. Over time the white line drifted down my teeth and was gone by my late teens.
Don't remember a thing about it.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Yes. August, 1986. High speed (~85mph+) M/C wreck. Drunk as a skunk. 16 years old. Liter Kawi. Ghosted bike to avoid mowing down kids getting out of St. Mary's at the end of Brook St. on a hard left. Took the turn on one knee and let go of the bars a split second after seeing the kiddos racing across the street just down from the Brookline Spa on the corner at the top in their little uniforms .

The BFD found me pinned underneath a Chevy Impala ~140' from impact site, bent in half backwards, face up, with my ankles behind my head toes down (no, not like the dirty movies). Bike in about 6 pieces over the entire block. Kids told the cops and FD I'd done two and a half rotations head over heels after the initial smash.

By the time the wrecker picked up the car I was under--they found me only by one of the FD hearing me moaning-- I had coded. No respiration, no pulse after getting me in the meat wagon. Non-responsive in every way. Wee Muther actually heard me hit 1/4 mile away from the porch just getting home from working a double as a nurse. Thanks, long-haired hippie looking dude in robes or whatever.

18 hours of 3 man (two men, one woman actually) trauma team surgery later, they told my folks if they were praying types to go have a talk with their God to do so.
They collectively predicted that despite their efforts, I likely wouldn't survive the night.

I walked out of there 6 weeks later,full of piss and vinegar, missing most of my right lung, with 17 broken bones healing, mega internal organ and muscle damage repairing and zippers up my guts and back, plus 4 chest tube holes in my torso. Not to mention losing 45 pounds and feeling like I'd died. Morphine is Lord, BTW.

I 'died' three times that first 24 hours, I am told. I never saw any lights, gates or any old man. Nothing. Three weeks and maybe change after the wreck I awoke. I'll never forget coming to and seeing WM at my side, in tears. As she saw me awake and with me asking her where I was, she slapped me hard in the face and hissed, 'Boy, if ye never believed in th' guid Lord above before this day, th' noo is a guid bloody time to start! Ya wee bastard!' YE WEE BASTARD!'

True story.

School in August in Massachusetts?

The way life should be.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes during surgery.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sister did. On the operating table. Saw it happening, watched the doctors bring her back. Our grandmother came and talked to her, telling her she would be ok. Angels in the OR surrounded her during the whole ordeal. They left once the docs brought her back, as did our grandmother.

She can’t talk about it without sobbing.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sister did. On the operating table. Saw it happening, watched the doctors bring her back. Our grandmother came and talked to her, telling her she would be ok. Angels in the OR surrounded her during the whole ordeal. They left once the docs brought her back, as did our grandmother.

She can’t talk about it without sobbing.

pretty much mirrors what happened to me, except for the angels part, when the Dr came into my room to tell me what happened, I told him I already knew.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bigsqueeze did.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'll have to find the transcript of where my father's best friend was interviewed by a local priest after he died and came back. I mentioned some in a previous post. He died during heart surgery. He saw gates but no one was there, a woman came up to him on a horse, said she was just vile and nasty, pulled out a scroll and read his son's names off of it, telling him they would go to Hell also. Sins of the father stuff. Next thing you know, he is back on the operating room table and the woman is standing beside him, said she was eating what appeared to be aborted fetuses out of a gerber baby food jar. A bright light would come towards the table and she would retreat into the shadows as it did. This went back and forth. Finally he was brought back to life. He got saved after that. He ended up dying a couple months later.

Last edited by killerv; 04/28/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I think NEDs are fascinating.

The way life should be.
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
bigsqueeze did.

Yup!

It was entertaining as schitt too.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bluefish

True story.

School in August in Massachusetts?

Some Catholic parochial schools ran programs in summer, but you may be right and it was September. I know I missed the first five or six weeks or so of my sophomore year of HS. You're welcome to believe I'm lying, however.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Not suggesting that at all. Just curious. Sounds like a major gory accident and you were darned lucky. But you already know that!

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

True story.

Good thing you weren't conscious. I don't know about you but I would have died of claustrophobia being pinned in a position like that!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.