Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I see a return of a third seat in the cockpit to have a qualified White man looking over the shoulders of the 'Afro-birdmen-aviators.....'n sheeit':

https://www.westernjournal.com/airl...cial-quotas-qualifications-pilot-hiring/

Nervous flyers have more cause to be anxious after United Airlines announced on Tuesday that it will seek to ensure half of its pilots are women or minorities in the coming years.

That’s not to assume that women and minorities cannot become pilots, or great ones at that. But it is beyond troubling that race and gender, and not skill only, will become criteria for hiring pilots.

In a job where a person is tasked with controlling a large airborne metal object loaded with people that wants by the nature of physics to come down, you’d think a company would want a person controlling it who is most qualified to defy gravity — whoever that person might be.

But corporate America, as we’ve seen in recent weeks and months, has embraced the “woke” politics of the American left.

Companies including United Airlines are now mouthpieces for the Democratic Party and its absurd strawman argument about election integrity and alleged racism. United on Monday lashed out at the state of Georgia for passing sensible election reforms such as requiring IDs for voters.

On Tuesday, the company vowed to enact racial quotas when hiring pilots.

“Over the next decade, United will train 5,000 pilots who will be guaranteed a job with United, after they complete the requirements of the Aviate program — and our plan is for half of them to be women and people of color,” United CEO Scott Kirby said in a media release.

“United will leverage its long-standing relationships with a variety of organizations, including the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals, Sisters of the Skies, the Latino Pilots Association and the Professional Asian Pilots Association to help identify and steer highly qualified, diverse candidates to the United Aviate Academy,” United also said. “As key partners, these organizations will select the applicants to receive the scholarships and grants funded by United and JPMorgan Chase.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fly the Friendly Sky's m'Nikkas

.... like tears in the rain
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Don't get yer panties in a twist boys, we got a president and a couple supremes on racial quotas...worked out great...matter of fact the Obama guy is still callin the shots, and things are going fine.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It’ll be n i kkas down but a lot of other unfortunate people with them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“United will leverage its long-standing relationships with a variety of organizations, including the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals, Sisters of the Skies, the Latino Pilots Association and the Professional Asian Pilots Association to help identify and steer highly qualified, diverse candidates to the United Aviate Academy,” United also said. “As key partners, these organizations will select the applicants to receive the scholarships and grants funded by United and JPMorgan Chase.”

and don't forget, muslims fall into the 'asian' category. Remember 9/11?

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have a SIL who just retired as a pilot for Homeland Security. He's now job hunting and is qualified with choppers and a number of different jets. He's sort of Hispanic - very American but of Spanish ancestry and he has a Latino last name. His skin is just slightly darker than us whiteys. There's no logical reason that his name and skin should give him a leg up over his qualifications, but it just might. He would be unhappy if it did. He's earned his wings and his name had nothing to do with it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Time to short UAL stock. The FAA tried that in the world of ATC back in the late ‘80’s-early ‘90’s with less than satisfactory results. “Qualified” beats equality 7 days of each and every week.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Anybody else remember the meme showing the two ducks screwing in midair- - - - -captioned "Fly United!" ?????

This time it looks like the passengers are the ones getting the p h u c k i n g!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, this pretty much demonstrates what is going on everywhere. I’m
coming to believe that if things don’t change and we continue down this road of diversity Uber Alles, in a few decades we’ll look back on reliable indoor plumbing with a certain bit of nostalgia.

Hey, on the bright side I used to worry about our gigantic and oppressive federal government. Now, it’s just a bunch of increasingly incompetent agencies staffed by morons. If you’re going to be oppressed, better that your oppressors be morons than operate with Teutonic and efficiency.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/29/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just one more reason for me NOT to fly United.

They haven't been the Friendly Skies for over 40 years.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That’s sounds safe

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Count me out on flying United.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I haven’t flown since July 2019. I have no reason to break that streak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=from story]Companies including United Airlines are now mouthpieces for the Democratic Party and its absurd strawman argument about election integrity and alleged racism. United on Monday lashed out at the state of Georgia for passing sensible election reforms such as requiring IDs for voters./quote]

Lol, go and try to get on a jet with out ID and see what happens.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
They’re not in the pipeline. A huge portion of the commercial pilots have a military background. The numbers of military pilots who are female or in a minority that are on active duty aren’t even close….at present anyway.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tucker did a story several years ago on the Black air traffic controllers group getting the FAA to drop "racist" barriers like people that had done well in math of actually had a piolets license from the application process.

Please don't feed the trolls!
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I drive not fly. Won’t bother me one bit. Edk

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Will in-flight meal menus be changed to meet quotas as well.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Once again, the idiocy continues unabated.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have five friends of mine that fly for United. Two recently retired three still active captains. They’ve been aware of this for a while now and they’re not happy about it. They’re not happy with the industry overall, times have changed these guys are all timers. everyone is going to follow suit with this. The airlines suck anymore, Flying buses! the stories, I can’t even put them on an open forum, sad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.