K
She's a Beauty. Congrats on the win.

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Congratulations! I hope she hunts as good as she looks!

Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That might be a while yet. Now that she is a finished champion, she will continue to be in the ring until she has her Grand Championship.
Last I heard, she was about seventeen points shy from achieving it.

After reaching that milestone, she will go to another trainer to learn to hunt and maybe get into field trialing.

Heck she's got time, She's not even two years old yet.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beautiful pup! Hope you go far with her!

Seen both sides of abbreviations on the pedigree... sporting people are the nice ones!

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
And you guys will probable get sick of it but I don't care. You're going to hear a lot more of this girl in the coming year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She rates a definite Two-Cool.

cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys for all the complements about my little girl.
But now she has GRAND CHAMPION in front of her name. She came home in February with 52 ribbons, 5 rosettes and a coffee cup as prizes. I'm still trying to figure out how to display them all on a board that I can hang up.

After that show circuit, she was ranked #2 in the country by points. I'm sure that that standing has changed by now and she won't be back in the ring until August when they have the Nationals here locally.

Can hardly wait for that. Just imagine, top German Wirehairs from all over the country. It will be a VERY interesting weekend.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
AKC show champion that doesn't hunt....This is why I'd never own a GWP. US breeders have all but ruined the breed. Give me a Drathaar any day.

Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you for your opinion.

I'll be sure to take it for everything it's worth

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That might be a while yet. Now that she is a finished champion, she will continue to be in the ring until she has her Grand Championship.

After reaching that milestone, she will go to another trainer to learn to hunt and maybe get into field trialing.

My setters seldom get out of "the goofies" until 1 1/2-2 years. You have plenty of time to get her hunting.

One of the best chuckar dogs I ever hunted behind was a friend's GWP. Smart Dog!

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Most Dogs that turn out to be a decent Gun Dog, the topic of this forum… start as early as possible having them have Bird contacts.

A Kid who is exposed to Russian at birth, picks it up quicker than one who isn’t exposed till they are a teenager. Has to do with brain development. Dogs are no different.

It may workout, but the Dog will definitely be behind the curve, if serious exposure doesn’t start till after 2 YO. No reason not to put Her on Birds now. A duel champion would be great. Few make the grade.

There are exceptions and congrats on the wins. However, this is a Gun Dog and not a show Dog forum.

Last edited by battue; 04/16/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"However, this is a Gun Dog and not a show Dog forum."

With your nineteen thousand+ posts, You can probably talk Rick into starting a show dog forum. He would never listen to a guy like me.

And until we have a forum for such, I'll post where I want to.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I never tire of looking at a well put together dog, and that example is very nice! Looks like she is built to do the job she was bred for.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well….I gave you compliments in spite of thinking how I feel about the show Dog issue. And the fact “”You don’t care”, leaves it open for the rest of us to make comments other than patting you on the back.

Perhaps you could post a “I gotta brag” thread in the long range forum, and tell them how you won your local clubs 40 foot indoor quarter shoot with your Benjamin pellet rifle.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Get that good girl on some birds!
At almost two, she is behind the curve. If you want to hunt over her, that is.
Best of luck with the show dog thing.

Y2K Offline
And you guys will probable get sick of it but I don't care. You're going to hear a lot more of this girl in the coming year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Can't wait!

Chris S

NRA Endowment Member
S&WCA
S&WHF
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,995 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.