Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'BIC,

I reckon there was room for fhuqking improvement. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

For "some reason" the descriptor regarding flash holes is now more accurate. That's weird. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Funnier than fhuqk,that The Greasy Lying Fhuqks tried to cover their tracks. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

DealinSuck,

You "tell" 'em...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hint......no other forum member on any other forum has ever mentioned named lot of brass or for that matter, any other said problems even remotely similar.

Bigger hint- many other forums say Alpha Creed brass is equivalent to serving spam instead of prime rib.

A dremel, a camera, and alcohol all combined can make a very good story. Just depends who you believe. Ignore is not an imagination or pretend. Just a function that pisses off a narcissist. LAFFIN

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I must have been lucky. There’s no visual imperfections in the Peterson brass I bought. The weights of the cases varied equal to the best brass I’ve measured - equal to Nosler brass.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchagain,

What are the "odds" that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Ooopsie! Too late. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO!

All American

All the time
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I seriously can’t remember, was Trevor with Petersen or Tract?
LMAO

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
All, well most points indicate Peterson has ironed out their growing pains & make acceptable brass at this time.
Thanks guys for the input on the recently made Peterson. I may still try some at a later date.

But, I'll brag & say I just scored a few boxes of Alpha. Have really wanting to try it & holding out & looking for a good while just paid off.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for you!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I believe Big Stick's message got Petersen's attention. They even admitted to having CC issues. I've always been to harsh but I don't believe in cussing someone unless it's face to face. No one needs any BS and to waste of time dealing with junk is BS.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have all the concentricity and consistency I need from Lapua and Nosler.

My hope from Peterson is a harder brass that will take higher pressure before giving up the primer pocket.

Maybe punching flash holes is harder with harder Peterson brass.

I hear Lapua drills their flash holes. That could solve Larry's problem.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[quote=Clarkm]I have all the concentricity and consistency I need from Lapua and Nosler.

My hope from Peterson is a harder brass that will take higher pressure before giving up the primer pocket.

Then don't waste your money on Peterson brass , primer pockets won't hold up half as long as lapua but it will outlast nosler
It also pressures out a lot earlier then other brass including Hornady

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That batch of Peterson brass must have been picked out of the garbage can

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I use a fair amount of Lapua for a reference comparison. Last year, I was looking for .300 Win Mag brass and found some Peterson in stock, so gave it a try.

Consistency is at least equal to Lapua.

Bottom line, it is excellent quality.

One nice point on .300 Win Mag in particular is they offer a “long” version of .300 Win Mag, which is 0.010” longer to the datum line. So, the “long” brass tends to fit .300 WM chambers tighter than other .300 Win Mag brass, close to starting off with fire formed brass.

They also deburr the inside of the flash hole, which is a nice touch and saves a step in brass prep.

I’ll buy more in the future.

Here are photos of new unfired brass.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I use Peterson brass and never had issues with it

I fireform 300 NM & 338 NM brass into 6 of my wildcats, 6.5mm, 7mm, .308, .338, 375 & .408 cal

7mm Rem Mag into 338 Win Mag
300 Wby into 340 Wby Mag

Also use 300 Win Mag in several rifles and made a bunch of .350 Rem Mag brass out of it

Good stuff, more info here on my initial inspection 2 years ago

..Peterson brass

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jeffbird
I use a fair amount of Lapua for a reference comparison. Last year, I was looking for .300 Win Mag brass and found some Peterson in stock, so gave it a try.

One nice point on .300 Win Mag in particular is they offer a “long” version of .300 Win Mag, which is 0.010” longer to the datum line. So, the “long” brass tends to fit .300 WM chambers tighter than other .300 Win Mag brass, close to starting off with fire formed brass.

Interesting. Do they offer that in a lot of cartridges, or just belted magnums?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Interesting. Do they offer that in a lot of cartridges, or just belted magnums?

https://www.petersoncartridge.com/match-grade-brass/brass-rifle-casings/

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
smokepole,

the “long” version brass is only available for .300 WM right now from what I see. It sure is nice.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Jeff.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You’re welcome smoke. 👍

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Stick, it looks like they gave you the ones they had culled. One or two, I could understand but it looked like over half were dorked up in one way or another.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
270 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.