-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A retired guy that I shoot with mentioned that his brother passed away and that he has high end rifles to sell off. He sent me a picture of his Dakota m76 Traveler with a Swarovski scope and .300 H&H, .300 Weatherby and .400 H&H interchangeable barrel set. The paperwork says it went to Africa in 2018. African mounts too if anyone is interested PM me and I can put you in contact with one another.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Windfall,

I apologize ahead of time because I am brand new to the site. I would like to learn more about the Dakota rifle. I am not able to PM you because I am so new to the site.

Could you please PM me? John the electrician from Wisconsin.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sure thing John, and welcome to the site. I'm not sure why Rick has it set up like that, but I'll PM you what I have. Doug emailed me a picture of that set in the Dakota Arms case along with the Certificate of Registration of personal effects taken abroad when his brother went to Africa in 2018. That Swarovski scope is a Z8I 1-8x24 and a Z6I 2.5-15x44. Doug's brother died last year and stuff could still be hung up in probate.

John, I just hit the PM button and I get "Johntheelectrician is over their private topic limit"

Does anyone know how many posts a guy needs to put up to get PM's?

Last edited by Windfall; 04/29/22.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
50 is speculated to be the magic number.
Have him post his email then after you email him he can edit (delete) it off the post.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Windfall,

I’m not sure how to get around us not having the ability to PM. Maybe this with work. I have a pager for whenever we work in the boonies and there isn’t cell service. I can easily change the number if I can’t delete this post.

The recording will tell you to enter your numeric information (your phone number). Then wait about 5 seconds and hang up.

I will get your page and call you back.

Thanks, John.

Last edited by JohntheElectrician; 04/30/22. Reason: Too much information
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got that John. I texted that pager number directly to Doug and you two can talk to one another directly. I’m just the middle guy doing a favor for a shooting buddy. Good luck and thanks for your interest. 715 looks like a northern WI. Area code.

My other auto is a .45

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Thank you very much. I look forward to speaking with Doug.

I am in Northern Wi, just west of Eau Claire. Is the rifle in WI?

Thanks again, John.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As far as I know John, it is in a gun safe in Rochester, NY. Doug's brother was a well known dentist up there and still has family there. The brother had a place in Venice, FL. that might have been his permanent residence after he retired. Doug lives in central FL. now and I just met him this winter shooting sporting clays.

My other auto is a .45

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I was hoping for a short road trip to see it in WI, guess it might be a long road trip!

I haven’t received a page from Doug yet, I will give it some time and if I don’t hear from him, we can figure a different way. I guess I can keep posting as much as I need to on this site until I qualify for PM privileges.

Thanks for the information, I am really interested in that particular rifle, I have only seen one other in person but it was the wrong caliber.

John

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
John, you might go back and delete your pager number now. You only have a day to edit a post.

IC B3

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Thank you AKWolverine.

I am not very gifted with internet/Forum stuff.

Thanks, John.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
John and any others. I did get a text from Doug and he is back up in NY again and did confirm that his brother's sporting stuff is caught in probate. He said that he would get back to the interested parties when things clear on his side.

My other auto is a .45

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Makes a good case for setting up a living trust.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Absolutely. According to the guy's obit, he dropped over at age 78 from a cardiac event last year. To think this guy was spry enough to do a safari three years before should get us all thinking along these lines. Sweetness has been after me for over a year to do that and a transfer on death designation, update POA for health and medical, living will... Now there is a paper with the attorney's name and phone number where I sit at the table. Once there is a death certificate, everything is locked down without these things. POA doesn't mean a thing after someone dies. I found that out with my mom.

My other auto is a .45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,526
Posts18,452,842
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.