Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
DELETE if this is not proper. Thought you BM guys could use it for parts or rehabilitate it.

Belding and Mull powder measure Sold as parts.

The hopper is a copper tube. No spiggot :-)

$25 postage paid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I might have one of those LOL

Have a big ammo can of powder measures, various old brands and another can w newer RCBS and Hornady stuff.

Seems like everybody around here wants digital.

Have two 55s, one in box. Both could use repaint. Jad a minty one yrs ago and just used it to drop ww296. Worked fine. Might clean up the short tube one and keep.

Stick powder i just weigh every charge, use a trickler.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/02/22.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Ordered a Competition from Amazon. I’ll keep you posted.

I’ll be curious to see how you like it. I’ve been using the same uniflow forever and have both cylinders for it. It’s been great from the finest ball powders and flakes for pistols up through the extruded powders.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Nestucca

I’ll be curious to see how you like it. I’ve been using the same uniflow forever and have both cylinders for it. It’s been great from the finest ball powders and flakes for pistols up through the extruded powders.

Tim B, is that you?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bugger
you might consider getting a machine like RCBS or Lyman has where you type in the grains you want and it provides within .1 grains. I was looking for a RCBVS unit and found a Lyman - I'm happy with the Lyman.

Indeed.

A Chargemaster Lite “changed my life”. Still use a Little Dandy for some handgun loads, but the CML is fast enough for what I do, and can’t bridge, or throw light charges because the weight is displayed right in front of me. Warm it up, calibrate, punch in the charge. Throws the next one when I put the pan back. I check it against another e-scale and by weighing bullets. Never varies.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by devnull
Timely thread...I have the PPM and it's good with stick powders. Definitely leaks with ball. I'd like a powder measure that's accurate.

Accurate with what kind of powder? That may be the better question...

I use my Lee PPM for everything from Bullseye/H110 in pistol to H1000 in rifles. With Benchmark/XBR8208 range of powders, you can drop a load pretty close to the desired weight as long as the hopper stays full. This will not occur as the hopper empties or with larger stick powders. With any type of ball powder, H335, H110, etc. the Lee PPM leaks. When I mentioned accuracy, it would be preferred to have a powder measure that is accurate in terms of being able to set a charge and drop it without weighing every charge. This tall order goes for rifle (stick) or pistol powder (ball). Other have mentioned a Chargemaster....I've had one for years and don't use it. I can load/trickle faster with the PPM over the CM.

S
S
If it is for sale I will take it for $25.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Tim B, is that you?

Yep

S
S
If it's still for sale I will take it.
Thanks

Originally Posted by richj
DELETE if this is not proper. Thought you BM guys could use it for parts or rehabilitate it.

Belding and Mull powder measure Sold as parts.

The hopper is a copper tube. No spiggot :-)

$25 postage paid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep seeing people mention that their powder measure "leaks"? Where does it leak? I had a problem somewhat with this for a while with my 223 cases with my Uniflow, but realized the shoulder of the AI case was contacting the drop tube before the neck was tight against the tube mouth and it caused powder to fall around the neck and down to the shoulder - until I lowered the case and had powder all over my loading table. I was able to concoct a different drop tube set up with a smaller drop tube I had laying around- probably from when I had a 17 Remington and it worked perfectly for the 223 AI cases.... RCBS is really good about selling separate pieces if the right pieces don't come in your kit with the powder measure..

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry it is sold.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on Redding BR 30.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sheister
I keep seeing people mention that their powder measure "leaks"? Where does it leak? I had a problem somewhat with this for a while with my 223 cases with my Uniflow, but realized the shoulder of the AI case was contacting the drop tube before the neck was tight against the tube mouth and it caused powder to fall around the neck and down to the shoulder - until I lowered the case and had powder all over my loading table. I was able to concoct a different drop tube set up with a smaller drop tube I had laying around- probably from when I had a 17 Remington and it worked perfectly for the 223 AI cases.... RCBS is really good about selling separate pieces if the right pieces don't come in your kit with the powder measure..

Bob

The Lee PPM leaks around the drum with ball powder.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Timely thread...I have the PPM and it's good with stick powders. Definitely leaks with ball. I'd like a powder measure that's accurate.

Accurate with what kind of powder? That may be the better question...

I use my Lee PPM for everything from Bullseye/H110 in pistol to H1000 in rifles. With Benchmark/XBR8208 range of powders, you can drop a load pretty close to the desired weight as long as the hopper stays full. This will not occur as the hopper empties or with larger stick powders. With any type of ball powder, H335, H110, etc. the Lee PPM leaks. When I mentioned accuracy, it would be preferred to have a powder measure that is accurate in terms of being able to set a charge and drop it without weighing every charge. This tall order goes for rifle (stick) or pistol powder (ball). Other have mentioned a Chargemaster....I've had one for years and don't use it. I can load/trickle faster with the PPM over the CM.

I agree devnull. I can also drop a chage and trickle faster than a digital scale. Also don't trust electronics for something like that either. I'm sure the newer ones are better, but have heard the horror stories about them. Have to warm them up, flourescent lighting will affect them etc. etc. Like I said in another post, I can drop a charge and tricke in the rest in 6-8 seconds with my set up. That's just how I load though. Others can use the digital stuff, but its on them if they have a catastrophic failure.. Now back to using a powder measure (such as the RCBS Uniflow), that is a very quick ordeal when dropping ball powders. I load up the loading block (50 pieces of brass) and drop from the uniflow all 50 in about 3 minutes. There's no digital scale that is going to keep up with that. Absolutely No need to use digital when the powder measure works that well either. It's also not about going fast, it's about going at your own pace. Safety is always #1, but you can do things safely in a prompt manner.. Just don't get in my way when I'm swinging a hammer!!!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Bob

Yup.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bob

Yup.

That stinks... you will love the Uniflow then...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bob

If I'm not mistaken, you can tighten up the drum on that measure so that it won't leak. I had a Lee PPM some years back, and it seems like that was an option. It did make operating the thing a little stiffer, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I saw a comparison on YouTube of 3 powder measures and the RCBS Competition did very well. I like the idea of a baffle and the Competition isn’t much more than the Uniflow.

I've never even looked at the competition model. Buy one and let us know how she does. I can' t tell you how many times I've pulled the handle on my uniflow, but its enough times to tell you its a great measure. I've been using it since '96 and it's still going strong. I can say it is a very crucial part of my reloading equipment.

I’ve had my Uniflow since about 1990. Only added the micrometer adjustment to make dialing a bit easier. With powders it likes it works well. I don’t shoot crazy accurate stuff though. Plus or mins a few tenths won’t end my day.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Bob

If I'm not mistaken, you can tighten up the drum on that measure so that it won't leak. I had a Lee PPM some years back, and it seems like that was an option. It did make operating the thing a little stiffer, though.

It’s plenty stiff and still leaks.

The powder measure, too.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Bob

It’s plenty stiff and still leaks.

The powder measure, too.

P

Sounds like a personal problem buddy. You are a pharmacist, maybe you can prescribe something for that..

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.