Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am a member of three ranges, but only one has this cedar wall installed. It is on the 100 yd range, but no others. You shoot under it, and this wall prevents shooting over the back stop. The executive board decided on this a couple of years ago. Before that, we didn't have one. There hasn't been one since 1949. smile Does your range have something like this?

I enlarged the picture so that it sort of looks like you are staring at the wall from the bench. The 200 yd range at the same club is still wall free.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is the same range before the wall. Berlin had theirs torn down. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Steve are you still celebrating the fact you helped get Canadian citizens arrested for not having a tax passport?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What to hell do these comments have to do with shooting ranges? You are one of the most disruptive posters on this site. We don't need you.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
No worries, Jim. Put them on ignore. I stopped reading their posts a while back.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
What to hell do these comments have to do with shooting ranges? You are one of the most disruptive posters on this site. We don't need you.

Jim

I remember when you wanted Canadians locked up for not getting the vax too. You're just as facist as Steve

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
No worries, Jim. Put them on ignore. I stopped reading their posts a while back.

Steve you're such a brave Trudeau soldier. lol. Report anyone today to Trudeau for not getting the vax? Are you gonna highjack a bible scripture claiming that you're a poor victim again?

Innocent Canadians are still sitting in prison for policies that you and Ontario jimmy supported, You two clowns should do a comedy routine.

People on here don't forget easily

Last edited by ribka; 05/02/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Years ago, when I was stationed at Borden, I was a member of the Twin City Rifle Club. They had a good facility with a covered firing line and well manicured, all grass ranges.

A few years after I joined, the club decided to prevent accidental overshoots by installing aluminum garage doors that opened on the range side. That cost a lot of money. I would guess 25 doors and enough lumber to completely enclose the firing line.

You were only allowed to open the garage door directly in front of your lane, and only high enough to allow the muzzle of your rifle to pass underneath.

There were a number of problems with this. First was the line became quite dark, so lighting had to be installed (at extra expense). It also created a huge noise problem. Because the roof extended past the forward edge of the firing line, discharging any firearm caused very loud booms. In effect, shooters sat in a large echo chamber.

A number of us communicated these problems to the executive. The only thing that happened was the installation of fluorescent lights. I left that club because it was too loud.

I don’t know if they ever solved the noise problem. It would be simple to do. Just open up more doors.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I once belonged to two gun ranges. I got fed up of the antics of some members and of the management of the clubs and built my own berm on my rural property. I’ve never shot over the 8 foot berm I built and can’t understand how someone could shoot over any berm set up at a public range. This post justifies that I made the right decision to avoid large clubs and pursue my shooting in a smaller venue only with people I invite. Stay safe.

Nick

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I don't see a cedar wall stopping any bullets. Most bullets that leave the range are accidentally or intentionally shot out of the range. It's idiots that negligently shoot bullets out of the range. Baffles, wood walls, culverts, etc, do not prevent that. There are many ranges that have these supposed preventative measures in place but it has had little effect on the amount of bullets leaving ranges. Accidental bullets leaving ranges are from mishandling loaded guns before and after being shot off the bench. Not following range rules and protocol. The reality is the vast majority of bullets leaving ranges are intentionally shot out of the range. I've frequented many ranges over the years. Buildings 200 yds from the range boundary shot from the parking lot, divots in concrete floors shot from guys going rambo, bullet holes in walls, ceilings, trees, posts, windows, gate locks, sea can storage units, putting clays on top of berms and shooting them it goes on and on. They are a very small minority among us but we will always be plagued by the stupid, the devious, the malevolent and the common [bleep] that do these things.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

nick 1899,

I'm with you I built my own, old airport, 1800 yrds long. Rio7

Last edited by RIO7; 05/02/22.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My club has a covered line. They added some metal to form a half wall from the roof down. Ends about 5.5 ft from the ground.

Range goes east to west.

Berms between two ranges, and large woods behind ( club owns ). Backstops maybe 10 ft or so

Rules posted. Not far from an afluent county.
Yup, BMW jackazzes post a target holder on the 25 at about 10 yds out. No backstop

And nobody on the pistol 7 yard range they drove last to get to the rifle ranges.

Friggin idiots.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ribka

Steve you're such a brave Trudeau soldier. lol. Report anyone today to Trudeau for not getting the vax? Are you gonna highjack a bible scripture claiming that you're a poor victim again?

Innocent Canadians are still sitting in prison for policies that you and Ontario jimmy supported, You two clowns should do a comedy routine.

For someone who is NOT Canadian, you do a lot of insulting, criticizing and pushing your political beliefs here in the Canada forum. This is the type of stuff that drives folks away from these forums. It’s also known as trolling. Last thing I want to do is come here and read this bs.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by snoeproe

For someone who is NOT Canadian, you do a lot of insulting, criticizing and pushing your political beliefs here in the Canada forum. This is the type of stuff that drives folks away from these forums. It’s also known as trolling. Last thing I want to do is come here and read this bs.

Steve earned his reward for being an idiot, try to keep up.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

He has problems, along with a few Cdns unfortunately. I suggest you put him on ignore.

WRT ranges, as the regulations changed, we have been tightening down how we do business. Some of it, like these walls and garage doors, aren’t legally required. We have been doing this to ourselves.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

So you're happy that Canadians are sitting in prison for not wearing a mask, social distancing and getting a vaccine?

This forum is located in the US and run by Americans. Why don't you go find a Canadian firearms forum run by Canadians? Do they even exist?

Why dont you start a Canadian handgun forum? lol

Last edited by ribka; 05/03/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

He has problems, along with a few Cdns unfortunately. I suggest you put him on ignore.

WRT ranges, as the regulations changed, we have been tightening down how we do business. Some of it, like these walls and garage doors, aren’t legally required. We have been doing this to ourselves.

Steve why dont you put up another bible quote justifying why you supported your hero Trudeau banning christian churches in Canada? lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have nothing like that tall board at our range. It's 300 yards on the side of a hill. In other parts the hill would be called a mountain. We are cut into the hill side leaving an gravel back drop .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
We have nothing like that tall board at our range. It's 300 yards on the side of a hill. In other parts the hill would be called a mountain. We are cut into the hill side leaving an gravel back drop .

That's good.

Some boards overreact or think that they have to make decisions just because. Originally, they wanted to put plexiglas at the front of the shooting benches with enough clearance to slide the muzzle under. I wrote the board and sent them pictures of the Twin City club, saying you are closing in the firing line. It will become a giant echo chamber. Neither is preferrable, but at least we don't have the booms to contend with.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2

Im surprised you chime din here after called for all unvaxed Canadians to be rounded up and arrested. ember when you wrote that Everyone on here remembers that you wrote that.

You and Steve, the Trudeaus worshipping NAZIs, put Hitler to shame

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey pinhead, do you hunt Or do you just troll?

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 3,253 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.