Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
grayfox Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Getting Covid antigen tests at Johannesburg airport,,
Anyone have recommendations at the Johannesburg airport where to get on the level reliable antigen Covid testing before flying back to the United States. Turnaround time has to be quick because I only have about three hours at the airport before my return flight to the US

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not recommend getting the test done at JNB if all you have is three hours. But, there are two testing kiosks at the airport on the second floor that open at 8:00am - 8:30am depending. Their turnaround was about two hours. But you will not be allowed through passport/Customs until the test is complete and that can leave you little time.

If you are traveling through JNB from another country, then you must also go through passport/Customs and that can take 20 - 40 minutes depending. Then you take your test and then go back through passport/Customs and that can take another 15 - 20 minutes.

So two options:

1. Get it before your arrive JNB
2. Learn how to edit a PDF file

And for what it's worth - US Customs does not check your PCR status when you arrive - it is only checked on the foreign side.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 05/02/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My brother had a antigen test in the joberg airport in early April to return to the US. It was about $15 and took 10 minutes. There were three testing kiosks. There was no line when he went so that helped. It was almost a non issue for him.

Last edited by Ralphie; 05/03/22.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
same thing last month, 5 of us went to the second level 3-4 tents set up took about 15 min for all of us cost was 280 rand on credit card, then no one checked to see if we had the test done when we got back to the US waste of money

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, it is only to get through JNB Customs/Passport security and yes it is a waste of time and money.

I went round and round with a SA Airlink ticket monger to get on a flight to Bulawayo as they wanted a 48 hour or less PCR test - which is impossible to do if you're flying in from the States. So a quick PDF edit and problem solved.

Asshats...

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The CPB doesn’t ever check test results. It’s only purpose is to allow you to clear local customs returning and to board the plane. Essentially now it’s a fleece the tourist revenue raiser.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
The CPB doesn’t ever check test results. It’s only purpose is to allow you to clear local customs returning and to board the plane. Essentially now it’s a fleece the tourist revenue raiser.

Almost as big a fleece as the whole Covid jab, huh doc? Got your 5th booster yet?.......LMAO!!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
no one at JNB even asked to see mine

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Almost as big a fleece as the whole Covid jab, huh doc? Got your 5th booster yet?.......LMAO!!!!!

Feels weird to have a stalker. I post, you post an ignorant rebuttal….. Get a life.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The only thing that stalks you is your outright stupidity in spite of your claim to be some sort of Dr. Come on, enlighten us again how all of the people who refused this jab fraud are a bunch of idiots. One more time, you can do it.

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/14/22.

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I know it’s difficult for you (probably impossible) but stay on topic. Covid testing at JNB is a formality designed to fleece tourist but you have to play the game. BTW, when was the last time you cleared Customs at JNB? I did it 8 months ago.

Last edited by jdollar; 05/14/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
When was your last booster Doc? Are the unvaxed all still idiots? Kissed Fauci's asss lately?

The only thing that stalks you is your outright stupidity in spite of your claim to be some sort of Dr. Come on, enlighten us again how all of the people who refused this jab fraud are a bunch of idiots. One more time, you can do it.

No answers Doc?

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/14/22.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
jdollar, I think I saw where you said you were going over before long. What are your thoughts on getting the COVID vaccination, and are you vaxed?

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the FWIW department - I know quite a few doctors who initially extolled the benefits of the mRNA shot that now admit the benefits were massively overstated and the detriments of the treatment were hidden. A lot of that has to do with the CDC not telling the truth and hiding the facts based on political pressure. Many people thought they could trust the CDC. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out so well.

Not sure where JDollar stands on the matter today, but I would surmise that maybe his views have also changed?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe, but I doubt it. He likes to roll in the mud with his Accurate Reloading site libtard pro vax and America hating buddies. Makes him feel less like the complete assshat that he is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least you're keeping an open mind on the matter. crazy

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If it walks like a duck.......

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Pathetic……

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
At least you're keeping an open mind on the matter. crazy

He sure hasn't denied any of it has he. He's a loser.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pathetic……

remember to triple mask. everyone remembers what a covid coward clown you are based on previous posts

please feel free to respond. How long do your covid shots last? Can you get covid if you get the shots? Can you spread covid if you get the jab?

tell us about anti bodies and covid

lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
656 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,138 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.