Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I met a former Lear engineer who presented at the IA seminar a couple years who might help. Will look for info and pm if I find him.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you all, I am following all responses and I am appreciative of all of them.

Just to clarify, I am 100% confident there is no bleed air leak. After several through extensive inspections, nothing is burning in there.

The red EICAS message can’t be ignored. The checklist to make the light extinguish is followed and the flight can be completed as planned.

I will follow the advise given. If it is some sort of AV glitch, I want it fixed. Damn computers!

Thanks again to everybody.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Try contacting these people. They know Lear jets.

https://airaffairs.com.au/

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
Thank you all, I am following all responses and I am appreciative of all of them.

Just to clarify, I am 100% confident there is no bleed air leak. After several through extensive inspections, nothing is burning in there.

The red EICAS message can’t be ignored. The checklist to make the light extinguish is followed and the flight can be completed as planned.

I will follow the advise given. If it is some sort of AV glitch, I want it fixed. Damn computers!

Thanks again to everybody.

Remember the good old days when all you had to worry about was a fire warning light in the engine "T" handle...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't get me started on fire warning faults and T Handles....

FL420 is way up there a cracked exhaust flange might give a fault up high and be hard to find on the ground. I assume the mechanics used soapy water on a running engine before they said there were no leaks.

Some aircraft, Piper Cheyenne III comes to mind can have a bleed air leak with no indication.

When you pull the power back you are reseting something. As someone said earlier these is a PC board somewhere with corrosion on the puns or a leaky diode or a faulty transistor.

You need to isolate the airframe and engine seals and tubing first as that is the easiest

As you know a bleed air leak can cause a lot of damage in a hurry.

Last edited by william_iorg; 05/02/22.

Slim
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fire loops can be such a pia to troubleshoot at times but it's possible that the connector that leads up to the loop is breaking down when it gets warm. I'm not so sure it's an avionics issue since it turns off when you shut off the rt bleed air and idle back the engine, has it been checked on a ground run or is that even possible? I've only ever worked on heavies so I'm not schooled up on these particular airframes.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Is there a change in the pressurization or air conditioning schedule at around 40,000’ ?

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Talking about this over coffee with ATP pulled up.
A friend said he has seen insulators on the fire loop ground out an hour into flight . Airflow, pressure and temperature change caused it.

Slim
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Some baling wire and duct tape and you'll be good to go.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does it happen if you level off below FL430????

I can't believe ALL your flights you go to 43.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Can't really believe that with both warnings in RED and on multiple occasions that the plane hasn't been grounded, if not by the owner, then by the pilot...

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is this aircraft an LJ-31A?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My BIL spent 23 years in the AF as a jet engine mechanic, got out and did 20 something with Honeywell. Anyway this is what he says. Probably a bad over temperature sending unit...seen this before when I was in the AF. That's a pathetic A&P mechanic if he can't figure that out. They will get a computer disagree code for it eventually. Mechanics these days don't know how to troubleshoot a problem, they need a computer to diagnose for them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My brother’s an A&P.

Get a new A&P.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ask your A&P to clean the computer ground connections at the airframe and the terminals. It is amazing that how many glitches like this are caused by nothing more than a poor ground connection.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim270
My BIL spent 23 years in the AF as a jet engine mechanic, got out and did 20 something with Honeywell. Anyway this is what he says. Probably a bad over temperature sending unit...seen this before when I was in the AF. That's a pathetic A&P mechanic if he can't figure that out. They will get a computer disagree code for it eventually. Mechanics these days don't know how to troubleshoot a problem, they need a computer to diagnose for them.

This sounds likely. I have a bit of GE and Allison experience, and bleed air isn't an uncommon problem. The fact that it comes in after leveling off is key. Could be temperature related, and could be the harness is being affected by the change in flaps. Chase grounds, cannon plugs, and the sensor first.

Is it calculated or measured?

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still don't know whether this is a 31A or not, but if it is there are two temp sensors associated with bleed air: one for the bleed air duct and one that senses temps in the pylon. When you say "fire loop," I think of the fire loops inside the engine nacelles for detecting engine fires. I would imagine that this is a common configuration on the Lear business jets (admittedly a shot-in-the-dark guess).

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave
My brother’s an A&P.

Get a new A&P.

This is the obvious answer. Also, I wouldn't run it with the red light on. It ain't rocket science.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Bleed air comes off before combustion.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No, not all flight are to 410 or 430, but I’ve never had it happen yet at 430-450. Yesterday it didn’t happen at all and I flew for 3 hours above 400. If I stay below say, somewhere around 320, I haven’t seen it. It seems to happen right around the 400 level.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (358WCF, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,160
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.