Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Neighbors had an incident.

Vandalism... not theft... but a real mess. Local family building a new home... they waited FOREVER for their window and door package. Some kids broke every one of the new doors and windows (they had just arrived and were staged in the unfinished garage).

Bottomline... a real mess.

Kids have also been seen up driveways... "Looking around garages etc."

Six of us on this very rural dead end road... Pondering a 6-8 camera system. There is 120v power and very good structure to place cameras capture stills/video. There is also some great "shooting lanes" to ID anyone coming or going.

I know nothing of this ever changing technology.

Ideally, 2-3 of the cameras would transmit high resolution wirelessly 300-400 yards. The other cameras would transmit 50 yards or less on wireless.

Can anyone recommend specific modern technology?

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Budget... under $5k if possible.

Under $1k would be better.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Cell service?

Look at Reolink goPT

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been out of that game for a bit now but there are all kinds of systems on Amazon for under a grand. It's all much less expensive than it was years ago. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a relatively generic system.

Are you looking for wireless or hard wired? Just make sure the system you choose has a couple T bite hard drive along with the mux or you'll be shopping for one to fit after install.

ETA: Sorry reread your intitial post, 300 to 400 yards wireless....That might be a stretch without cell technology involved. 50 is pretty easily done.

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 05/02/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jstocks
Cell service?

Look at Reolink goPT

Thanks... I'll study that.

I am thinking more of a dedicated DVR type recorder with some 1,000 Terra hard drives or something like that.

High resolution... PROSECUTABLE IMAGES.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I've been out of that game for a bit now but there are all kinds of systems on Amazon for under a grand. It's all much less expensive than it was years ago. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a relatively generic system.

Are you looking for wireless or hard wired? Just make sure the system you choose has a couple T bite hard drive along with the mux or you'll be shopping for one to fit after install.

YES on the wireless... running hard wires 300-400 yards is a PITA... unless that is absolutely essential.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Resolution would be priority for me. Can’t tell you how many job sites thefts end in “we got pics but can’t make out the plate/faces”.

I gave a key to my place to the full time neighbor, take him nice country ham/booze for Christmas. Deeded them an easement for access etc…. Best security system money can buy. He’s ran off quite a few scheit heads for me.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Resolution would be priority for me. Can’t tell you how many job sites thefts end in “we got pics but can’t make out the plate/faces”.

I gave a key to my place to the full time neighbor, take him nice country ham/booze for Christmas. Deeded them an easement for access etc…. Best security system money can buy. He’s ran off quite a few scheit heads for me.

YEPP... same.

The vandal fuggs are NOT LOCALS (fugging come here yankees)... we know exactly who they are. Now to bust their asses.

They are terrified of my dogs... and my AK.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jackmountain

YEPP... same.

The vandal fuggs are NOT LOCALS (fugging come here yankees)... we know exactly who they are. Now to bust their asses.

They are terrified of my dogs... and my AK.

Good thing. If they were local, the local LEO’s wouldn’t do scheit. Had a trespassing thieving POS last year and the commonwealths attorney refused to do anything. Long story but I have an email from her that would got her disbarred if I’d felt like pursuing it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I put up a Ring floodlight with a camera in it. It was less than $100. It uses my Wifi router, and will send me an alert whenever something passes it. I can see video and zoom. I can also turn on a siren or speak with someone in front of it. I’ve had it about a year, and it’s great. Easy to install and use; even for a tech challenged old fart like me.

I’ve not done it, but neighbors can connect to each others’ systems as well if the agree to.

They make different products for different applications, but the floodlight works perfectly for my situation.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/02/22.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Greg giving some good advice , stepson has a similar system at their house .
It’s pretty dam good for the cost .
Plus side you can get the system direct to your phone , I think .
I can find out the system if you like .
The ones I have are older and go to a monitor with an SC card and today’s thieves know to take the card or monitor.
So if you go this route put the monitor in a gun safe or hidden place .

I have mentioned this here before , but will mention it again .
Some years ago witnessed a case get thrown out because the property owner had not posted notice that property was under video surveillance.
Don’t know if it was an azzhole judge or law .
Do know that a lot of businesses have such signs in their windows .
Something you might want to look into .
Kenneth

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
High resolution... PROSECUTABLE IMAGES.

I like the way you think!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How strong is your internet? That's the limitation of my cameras

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by blanket
How strong is your internet? That's the limitation of my cameras

Very Strong

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Impressive...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
... we know exactly who they are..

Why bother with cameras? An aluminum bat makes a very rewarding "PING" when it meets kneecaps and elbows.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have an Arlo system on my houseboat with ATT cellular WIFI hub. The resolution on their cameras is very good.

If you have decent cell service consider this model. With the solar panel it would be a solution for the remote cameras. There is a monthly charge for the cell service.

Arlo cellular camera

If you have WIFI near your home their other cameras will work well. You will receive notifications when motion is detected. You can buy a hub and record everything.

Setup is very simple.

Last edited by Mike70560; 05/02/22.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought a Blink camera at Best Buy for like $60 and put it in my deer stand in Wisconsin. I see what it sees on my cell phone—in Northwestern Ontario. Easily identify faces and liscense plates on vehicles driving by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.