Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
From CZ website

"IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE REGARDING CZ 600 BOLT-ACTION RIFLES

CZ has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles that could potentially result in injury. You should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle while CZ further investigates this issue. We will provide additional information shortly.

At CZ, we value our relationship with you and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for your patience, your cooperation, and for choosing CZ. Your safety comes first."

https://cz-usa.com/cz-600-series/

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw that. Glad I resisted the temptation to jump right into one of them.

Odd that they don’t give any details. Perhaps they’re not entirely convinced there’s actually an issue, or maybe they are wondering how they’re gonna pay to resolve it. One would think that such a drastic change in their rifle line would’ve been overseen in such a way that this wouldn’t happen. At any rate, just telling their customers to not shoot the new rifles isn’t going to be a good strategy for long.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
May be a great collectors item:) Yea I wish we knew what the potential concern was.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That's not gonna win over new fans... indefinite and unexplained order to stop using rifles...

Maybe if they'd just used the design they already know works...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Looked at one a few weeks ago. Glad I didn't buy it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I didn't see any new information there. Do you have any further information?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Jimmy Olsen was all I was pointing out..

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sounds like Colt (of old) is influencing CZ more than CZ is influencing Colt.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Hope that thought is on the incorrect track here:(

Last edited by Hunterapp; 05/02/22.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tickety-tock CZ.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Assuming an unintentional discharge was reported and they're working like hell to see if they can replicate it before issuing a recall? The problem is they've created such a bad optic with the mystery message that even if they say, "turned out to be nothing," the damage to trust is done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Update from CZ:

"CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ-USA has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a catastrophic failure. CZ-USA will correct this issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle."

https://cz600recall.com/

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Update from CZ:

"CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ-USA has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a catastrophic failure. CZ-USA will correct this issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle."

Um... how in the world did that not get fully-vetted/tested before release? Yikes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update from CZ:

And the major selling point for the new rifle line just went up in a puff of smoke……

Now I’m REALLY glad I didn’t jump on one.

Back to Howas….

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Update from CZ:

And the major selling point for the new rifle line just went up in a puff of smoke……

Now I’m REALLY glad I didn’t jump on one.

Back to Howas….

The botching of this product launch is Remington-esque.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
go back to the 550 and 527..........problem solved.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn’t be surprised if the tooling for those was worn out and they took the opportunity to go CNC with the new ones rather than re-tool.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thread lock and barrel replacement by authorized service centers.

Bold typeface added by me:

"To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle and do not fire it until it has been returned to CZ for inspection and to have the barrel screws affixed with thread lock."

"To minimize the risk of improper assembly, barrel replacement and caliber conversions are now available only through authorized service centers. The replacement or removal of the barrel outside of the authorized service centers will void the warranty."

https://www.czub.cz/en/support-recall/

I don't have an issue voiding the warranty, however I thought aftermarket support for this rifle series would be pretty slim to begin with. I wonder if any companies other than CZ will offer replacement barrels now.

Last edited by 4th_point; 05/03/22.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They'll never share but it would be fascinating to know how many of these sold and how many actually come back for a full refund.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,368
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.